General Election 2011 (1 Viewer)

Re: Boards.ie Voting Poll

He's still at it

ming12.jpg
ming07.jpg

cllr_luke_bog1037182_display.jpg

He's the mayor of Roscommon (I'm from Roscommon)

http://www.lukemingflanagan.ie/

"TD’s salaries should be cut by 50% in order to show the Irish people that their leaders are also willing to take the pain. I have already proved my commitment to pay cuts for politicians by taking a 50% pay cut in my Mayoral allowance. I would do the same again with my TD’s salary if I was so honoured as to represent you in Dail Eireann."

what would be the sceal of it was a predominantly independent dail - or is the system weighted so essentially you actually have to have a party to have a dail, or would a pile of technical groups do??

steve-vai.jpg
109497970_ecfdd886ff.jpg
bndh.jpg

Also, is anyone on thumped a lifelong party faithful type?? Like no matter what the fuck happens you'll vote the same crowd in every time round because they are your cousins or something??

I would like to subscribe to his newsletter.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Alan Shatter is the most high-profile politician in my constituency (since seamus brennan died), and I can't bring myself to vote for someone with a haircut like that.

Thats a completely fair comment.

Also, is anyone on thumped a lifelong party faithful type?? Like no matter what the fuck happens you'll vote the same crowd in every time round because they are your cousins or something??

My mothers family are like this. It drives me fucking spare.

I'm very conflicted about how I'm going to vote. I voted Greem last time, never again. FG would be a hard sell to me at the best of times, but the candidates up in our area (Dublin South-Central) are awful, and Labour offer as much. Also Enda Kenny is, as my boss recently put, an 'inspiriation free zone', the idea that he is going to be the leader of our country is already depressing enough.

Can't bring myself to vote independant.

The politician who has been most active on the issue that has been most recently important to me (education reform, namely re-designating Catholic schools as multi-denominational), is the local SF candidate. I'd find it really tough to give him a vote for a number of reasons.

Annoyed, confused and comletely sick of this election already. FUCK THEM ALL.

I'd normally vote independent but there's been too much local and not enough National politics, a few independents shouting about roads and legalised weed aren't going to help us in the long run.
Labour seems the best bet for me, and they've talked about introducing new legalisation after the X case and are pre Gay Marriage and rights for children in LGBT families.
Sinn Fein are the only party (to the best of my knowledge) to have campaigned for full gay marriage rights and theirs is the only representative that's gotten back to me in the past when I've had problems where I love.
Still don't feel quite right voting for him, even if he is a black belt in karate and has a tash Tom Selleck would approve of.

Probably will still vote Green, not that have a fucking hope in this bastion of FF bullshit constituency. I sort of pity them, they (naively) saw an chance to get some green shit done but underestimated the monster they hooked up with who have done a right good job in turning the country against them and against any sort of "green agenda" while they were at it.

Also, is anyone on thumped a lifelong party faithful type??

A guy I went to college with turned into a Labour party one of these. He ran for the last local elections in a constituency not even close to where hes from and did rubbish.

since he became this, he seems to have lost the ability to think for himself. Ask him anything and he quotes the party line. Its like listening to a priest talking about papal infalability.

Probably will still vote Green, not that have a fucking hope in this bastion of FF bullshit constituency. I sort of pity them, they (naively) saw an chance to get some green shit done but underestimated the monster they hooked up with who have done a right good job in turning the country against them and against any sort of "green agenda" while they were at it.

I'm thinking the same. Eamonn Ryan is in my constituency. I wouldn't feel too bad giving him a second preference maybe.

what would be the sceal of it was a predominantly independent dail - or is the system weighted so essentially you actually have to have a party to have a dail, or would a pile of technical groups do??

Stasis one would imagine.I think a technocracy would be a good thing.get some lads in who actually know what they are doing/meant to do and not the current bunch of bluffers who have been shown again and again to be hugely incompetent.

Also Enda Kenny is, as my boss recently put, an 'inspiriation free zone', the idea that he is going to be the leader of our country is already depressing enough.

I wonder about this attitude a lot - its the 'tagline' for enda kenny - mention him in the pub and this is the pub party line. He's supposed to run the country rather than have nice hair and make good tv. we have fade street and take me out for that. I know we dont have much to go on, but is it possible to go beyond personality and look at the politics.

Sinn Fein are the only party (to the best of my knowledge) to have campaigned for full gay marriage rights and theirs is the only representative that's gotten back to me in the past when I've had problems where I love.
Still don't feel quite right voting for him, even if he is a black belt in karate and has a tash Tom Selleck would approve of.

Living where i live, we dont have the 'fear' of sinn fein here so much. I think its linked to all the border madness over the years and so forth - I could be very wrong but i think people who dont live near the border think of it as a scary place???. on the plus side - in recent times sinn fein are the only party capable of taking money off banks, and they dont have a private army of cops battering fishermen in mayo.

The oulfella was on about this - he said in historical terms, going into coalition with fianna fail is the same as a leaf joining forces with a caterpillar.

A guy I went to college with turned into a Labour party one of these. He ran for the last local elections in a constituency not even close to where hes from and did rubbish.
since he became this, he seems to have lost the ability to think for himself. Ask him anything and he quotes the party line. Its like listening to a priest talking about papal infalability.

This is what makes me wonder about whole dail of independents. everyone i know in politics is a version of this.

Senior GP members were gormless and, I think, a little greedy. When countless opportunites presented themselves to pull out of govt and retain some credibility, they passed. I was angry when they went into coalition with FF, and I was angry it took them so long to pull out. They have shown a shocking lack of principles.

I wonder how long it will take till they're seen as an acceptable party for people. They seem to work hard, but they've sooo much baggage.

I wonder about this attitude a lot - its the 'tagline' for enda kenny - mention him in the pub and this is the pub party line. He's supposed to run the country rather than have nice hair and make good tv. we have fade street and take me out for that. I know we dont have much to go on, but is it possible to go beyond personality and look at the politics.

It's the tagline for a reason. Enda Kenny has exibited bad judgement in the things he's said and the way he has acted, literally from the moment he became leader of FG. And in a time when people are talking 'political reform!' and 'new blood!', Kenny, the father of the Dail and himself a politicians son, is about to be come Taoiseach. He will more-then-likely present a very acceptable persona on the international stage, but most people, including a fair amount of the FG party faithfull know that he's a liability who speaks in soundbites and elicits little faith from the public at large.

He has nice hair. I tend to think of the Taoiseach as a mary mcaleese for the government. When did we last have a taoiseach that wasnt a joke of a person?

Not that Mary Mc is a joke of a person but she's not much use

It's the tagline for a reason. Enda Kenny has exibited bad judgement in the things he's said and the way he has acted, literally from the moment he became leader of FG.

Like at a bumbling level, or at a fianna fail level of bad judgement?

at a fianna fail level of bad judgement?

as he has been in opposition, all we have to go on is what he has siad and how he has acted. think of the already mentioned use of the word 'nigger' in a joke, think of the whole knife attack in kenya story. when stuff comes out of his mouth in generally sounds like bullshit to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back