European and Local elections 2019 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 292
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 5
Whaaat?? Haven't you seen my facebook posts????

Voted Green number 1 as always. I really like your woman Saoirse McHugh - she's so young, when she slagged off Peter Casey at that debate I felt really proud of her
Yeah been following her progress for a while since she wrote a terrific piece about CAP. She's fantastic. Came across so well in that debate. Will be tough getting voted in though. Rural Ireland tends not to vote Green

Whaaat?? Haven't you seen my facebook posts????

Voted Green number 1 as always. I really like your woman Saoirse McHugh - she's so young, when she slagged off Peter Casey at that debate I felt really proud of her

Well I do remember them messing up some light bulb thing years ago plus I dislike how single issue they are. Anyway I did gave her my 2nd and partly because she is a younger candidate. The fictional character of Ming just has so much satanic glamour that no other candidate can give me that I couldn't resist even if he is not really Ming the merciless.

The green party could easily come out of this third biggest party in Europe and it'll be hard to form majorities on anything without thier approvals.

Greens went number one in both local and European for me.

I'd have gone green #1 in the locals but I know the guy the soc dems are running here from the repeal campaign last year and he did a lot of work then and seems like a good dude. Party affiliation is probably less important in the locals.

Everyone has one vote which is there decision if you don't like that then democracy is not for you.

Voted half hour ago saoirse mchugh was m
No. 1 for the Europeans
Independent no. 1, green no. 2 and another independent no. 3 in the locals

And I only remembered the divorce referendum when they were tearing the ballot paper for me

I'm admittedly unprepared for it I even started following the brexit drama again in the last couple of days which is a real vortex.

my VILLAGE (pop. 350) and it's immediate hinterland seems to split
into three council electoral districts (all in same county):

one is based in local town 7 miles away.
another in a town 25 miles away (i was there once... in 1994)
and the one i was eligible to vote is based in a town only 13 miles away -
if you go over the mountain in between.

only realized this today.
(rumor has it other side of street is in different voting district !?)

nothing on ballot card indicated which area i was in.
couldn't find anything online to verify which area i was in either.
village has been in the other two electoral areas for past local
elections as well.

glad I didn't vote.

Reminds me of the nearest village in the next county. The area is split into 3 electoral districts. The main towns are 19k, 20k and 43k away.

If I go home by work the long way by 6km, I am in three local districts. A 30k round cycle might hit all 4 of the district.

Honestly I think the area should be annexed to my county, but this has not gone down well when I suggest it. Must be loyal to king john's borders.

Started as far to the left as possible and worked all the way back. Herman & Gemma got #17 & #18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back