election (1 Viewer)

Jane is talking the most sense on this thread

egg_ said:
So campaigning for Gay Civil Unions is the same as campaigning for the right of same sex couples to avail of the same ceremony myself and my wife availed of in the Registry Office on Grand Canal St?
That's what we call "marriage", folks.
Whether churches allow same-sex couples to avail of their union ceremonies which are also called "marriage" is not the State's business
yeah, i know no one says 'me and the wife got civil unioned there last spring', a lot of it comes down to semantics. as i said before, i don't give a crap about whether it would be church-recognised or not (they barely even recognise gay people's existence), but there should be the option to have a state-recognised union. if you're gay, that is, youse breeders have it already.

Vinnie said:
They are the exception rather than the rule and that certainly doesn't make it right. It is democracy at it's most crass and selfish and ultimately at its most pointless. See Eggs point about "me first" politics

It's simply the issue that motivates them. Many Ohio voters, for instance, may have voted for Kerry because they think that his economic policies will bring jobs back to Ohio, and they might get a job (or a better job) as a result. Is that crass and selfish? No. As I've said, some people focus on a defining issue and vote accordingly, others will consider the Candidate positions on a rnage of issues. People simply approach voting in different ways....

fuck

Kerry is just a total
sm_040.jpg

avernus said:
yeah Kerry just phoned Bush to concede. what a fucking load of shit.

bush.jpg

John: Hello, can i speak to George please?

White House matron: One second please. May I axe who's calling please?

John: Yes m'aam, it's John here.

WHM: I'll just get him for you now sah.

George: Hi John, what do you want now?

John: Well I just wanted to say congratulations and well done and UP YOURS, YOU'RE GAY, YOUR MOTHER, FUCK OFF, YOU SU....

Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
I can't fucking stand this. The look on his stupid fucking face when makes his speech is going to be unbearable. Bad bad bad day. :( :( :(

yeah honestly, theyre saying on sky news that he may be a very different Bush in his 2nd term and take heed of international opinion...but personally, I would imagine that since he now has been given an official mandate by the people - he has nothing to be concerned about in 4 years..so bombs ahoy, phone tapping, bigot rule and the spread of christianity to the muslim nations by way of uzis.

hugh said:
Look on the bright side ... at least he doesn't have the troops now to start another war ....
By the way, he will. He'll just reinstate the draft. There's not much stopping him. By the time anyone was able to do anything in the way of preventing it, thousands of unwitting teens will have been shipped off to war.

jane said:
Wow, I hope we've all enjoyed having human rights.

I just wonder what he's going to do once he's finished killing all the poor people?
in fairness, the US has long stuck two fingers to human rights. but yeah, things are looking bleak. bush the statesman. i wonder how he wants to be remembered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back