charlie haughey on his deathbed (1 Viewer)

The cunt was a good Social Welfare Minister in his day. But I hate this “He introduced the bus pass for codgers,” shite. The Brits did and we copied them. As usual. “England sneezes…”, etc. He was also mostly good for Civil Servants and we could do with someone like him back again to sort out the mess the Government is getting itself into with its staff. But he was still a cunt. The only sad thing about his passing is that it’ll give that O’Herne prick more power. No one to rat Bert out now or keep him in check.

I don’t think Joe Higgins did himself any favours on the news last night. He should have just said nothing and posted on thumped. Too much of a rant. Okay, so Cunt J caused a lot of problems for some people. He also solved a lot of problems for others (not all monsters of industry). That’s what politicians do. They’re all corrupt. Except – of course - Joe Higgins. And possibly Pat Rabbitte.

In the long run, I reckon history will be kind to CJ. It’s starting to happen already in the media. People will remember the glory days.

Glory. Yeah.

when i glanced at this briefly
Picture2.png

i thought it said "Osama van Haughey"

hahahaha if only.

Bleurgh, at this stage there are barriers on one side of the road the whole bloody way from the church right down to the top of my road. Obviously for the queue of mourners looking to pass by today. Chrast. Tomorrow will be mental.

Fuckin shit up in life. Fuckin shit up in death.

Actually, I hear now that the funeral procession will be coming down my road tomorrow en route to graveyard - what would be the most appropriate thing to throw, uh, theoretically? I don't mean it in a crude way, I mean, genuinely, what article would sum Haughey up best?

roxy said:
Actually, I hear now that the funeral procession will be coming down my road tomorrow en route to graveyard - what would be the most appropriate thing to throw, uh, theoretically? I don't mean it in a crude way, I mean, genuinely, what article would sum Haughey up best?

One of the lovely flower pots or baskets they’ve apparently adorned the roundybout in Artane with for the funeral.

Amazing how quickly the council can get their thumb out of their arses when they need to.

roxy said:

brown paper envelope aeroplanes - not too intrusive - for a funeral like

Shine said:
brown paper envelope aeroplanes - not too intrusive - for a funeral like
I suggested to a friend that maybe we should just throw cash. He said, well, cash can sometimes a bit crude as a gift, how about some vouchers? A nice Arnott's voucher?

But anyway, yeah, the flower boxes are nice. Hope they leave them there. The ones along the road would have the shite vandalamised out of them but the ones on the roundabout might be safe...

Every pub I went to today off Howth fucking road had his poxy funeral. also CJ's siblings are the ugliest fuckers ever.

JANER said:

One of the ugly fuckers

Ah, that’s not nice. You could have picked on one who wasn’t born with a cleft. Like Ciarán, who is an ugly cunt naturally. Eimear even uglier.

Anyway, Wikipedia is on the ball as usual. You’d swear this happened about a month ago:

“Mr Haughey received a state funeral on June 16, 2006.[3] He was buried in St. Fintan's Cemetery, Sutton. This event was screened live on RTÉ One -Irelands national television broadcaster. It was attended by many prominent figures from the world of politics, both past and present.”

In Kinky Friedman's books he always refers to going for a shit as 'taking a Nixon'.
Inspired by this, I'll often say: 'Pass me the sports section, I'm going for a Haughey.'
This is his legacy in my house.

Goff said:
One of the lovely flower pots or baskets they’ve apparently adorned the roundybout in Artane with for the funeral.

Amazing how quickly the council can get their thumb out of their arses when they need to.
and how quickly they can remove the flowers. They were gone within two hours of the funeral. pity cos they looked good

Goff said:
The only sad thing about his passing is that it’ll give that O’Herne prick more power. No one to rat Bert out now or keep him in check.

Goff said:
Okay, so Cunt J caused a lot of problems for some people. He also solved a lot of problems for others (not all monsters of industry).

Goff said:
That’s what politicians do. They’re all corrupt. Except – of course - Joe Higgins. And possibly Pat Rabbitte.

Aren't you a civil servant?

Is this a joke?

If not, I haven't seen such lazy thinking or political incognisance since Transition Year civics.

Any discussion of CJH is now conflated with that picture of Terry Keane in a bikini, in my mind.
Thanks a fucking lot, newspapers. No, really.

i rang my Papa on Sunday because I knew he'd have a good rant about CJH.
and rant he did, bathed in the glow of the kitchen while he paused occasionally to dunk his toast soldiers into his boiled egg and sip on his 'cup o' rosy.' awwwwwwwwww. (Nanny was huffing and puffing in the background - "all your Papa has done the past few days is give me an earful of CJH!")

anyway, between Haughey, who he was 'simply disgusted by' and Roy Keane who he has 'no respect for whatsoever,' it was an hilarious conversation. grandparents rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back