charlie haughey on his deathbed (1 Viewer)

roxy said:
My Dad's awful upset by it though. I'm sure there have been many people of a similar age weeping throughout the country all morning.

i reckon my parents are not upset. my dad despises corruption. same goes for my mum.

broken arm said:
i reckon my parents are not upset. my dad despises corruption. same goes for my mum.

My mam wouldn't really be too down in the mouth, but it's not that my Dad condones corruption, or is blind to Charlie's political faults. It's just that he's one of those Irish folk of a certain era that reall places great faith in leaders, political, religious, people in media, music etc. He'd always look beyond the bad in a person, so it means that it really gets to him when someone he's looked up to passes on, be it Charlie or Big Tom..yknow?

Re: Charlie Haughey RIP?!

Damon_Kind said:
Gorillas mot as scare now.

Rise and Follow Charlie
*Verse 1:
  • From southern glens to Aston Shores
  • The ancient cry of freedom roars
  • From Northern hills to Leinster's doors
  • We'll Rise and Follow Charlie
*Chorus:
  • With Charlie's song we'll sing as one
  • With Charlie's song we'll sing along
  • With Charlie's song we'll march along
*Verse2:
  • Hail the leader, hail the man
  • With Freedom's cause it all began
  • With Irish Pride in every man
*Chorus
*Verse3:*Young and old we all approve
  • He's kept the Country on the move
  • He'll help the Nation to improve
  • So Rise and Follow Charlie

it's like this. he took the money out of the pockets of a everybody in this country to finance his lavish lifestyle while telling everyone else to "tighten their belts". there were no secret ballots within fianna fail, it was always a show of hands so he'd know who to keep an eye on. so he gave coffin dodgers free travel and ensured enya would continue to live in dalkey, big swingamemickey. he was a cunt and i hope irish political life never sees he's like again.

you're all corrupt. anyone here never tell a lie? he loved his country and all your children owe him a debt from dragging this country up off it's knees. so what if he had a helicopter... he changed this country for the better for everyone. people like that need helicopters. bunch of self-righteous hipocrites.

BeanPatrol said:
you're all corrupt. anyone here never tell a lie? he loved his country and all your children owe him a debt from dragging this country up off it's knees. so what if he had a helicopter... he changed this country for the better for everyone. people like that need helicopters. bunch of self-righteous hipocrites.

There once was a taoiseach called haughey
who loved fine wines and french coffee
while we gave up the sweet
just to make ends meet
he was stuffing his face with banoffi

billygannon said:
It's not widely known that he was both a qualified barrister and accountant.

My Mam's aunt was in UCD at the same time as Haughey back in the day. She said he was an arrogant womaniser.

Luther Blissett said:
My Mam's aunt was in UCD at the same time as Haughey back in the day. She said he was an arrogant womaniser.

And apparently he wasn't just a womaniser. He was also a maniser.

The Evening Herald lashed into Haughey every chance they got yet today they had a 12 page pull out for him.

lol o'lol o'lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back