Castlepalooza (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
portrid said:
What about that Oxegen festival though eh? Eh?

never heard of it

Morris On !!

openpic3.gif

Politik said:
People posting in the thread to criticise an event they never went to is stranger.

Unless Slint were playing at it, you're going to have a tough job convincing people around here it was anything other than clown shoes.

Me, I'm not bothered either way

snap-apple said:
so why didn't you?

me...personally??? thats not my ethos. but all the artists that were involved are original and innovative in their own rite. their music was amazing and kept everyone well entertained. and after the stages broke down, everyone moved inside the castle and the artists and punters all got together either jamming or collaborating or just having a grand ol time. thats the whole spirit and essence of Castlepalooza and MOR.

Lefty Frizzell said:
make it stop....

Hey this is great craic: suddenly somone wants the whole wonderful debate to go away. Well my man i just joined and yes I played at the mor festival this year and yes it was wet but i don't get the negative vibes. What;s so wrong about people making things happen?

Pretty amazing rock'n rollers running down adventurers! Beats me. So what's up really? Are we to decide that Charleville Castle is a no go area of rural nerds?

Time for answers!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew i shouldn't go that gig. bad bad stuff. ugly culchies having a party in a field. destroying the good name of the mor festival?

But I thought the mor festival was cancelled. it says it on the site. pissed off that i missed it now. castlepalooza - sounds cool - still never heard of the performers but they were irish this time - that's good isn't it?

I've had a good read of the board. From what I can see it has little to do with the magic which happened once again at Charleville. Once again people came together, against the odds, to do something special - to show the big commercial operators that they don't control the whole music and innovation scene and to seed hope to others to get on with TRYING - TRY TRY TRY TRY - that's what MoR is about - if you want independenent space - if you want to stop being mugged by profiteers and politicians then ACT .. work together, within the law, pull it off - and start getting good at "pulling it off" and achieve higher heights - higher and higher - don't ever get put down - look to the obstacles - find the way - that's the future - to those of MoR I say Thanks, be proud, rebound - to those others who think they can do it better - join us and we'll make it happen together. Submissions for MoR Festival 2005 will be invited on our website as of september - so begrudger and innovator alike, the future is in your hands.

Best to you all
Dud

PS: have to go out now to milk the cows!

So let's party on! I've some mor time. want me to play for you a while?

I regret nothing. Something went wrong and the numbers at mor were low. it happens. a big name would solve the problem because everything else worked a dream. The lighting and sound people were the best. the food was great.the pint was cheap. i never got to bed - didn't need a bed - the acoustic stage was a bit of more than special. no hassles or crap. no waiting - great cover from the rain - just the best single party in years.

so many people missed it

I'm
sohigh
bye

The Meaning Of mor?

just found out that the whole mor thing is voluntary. was involved. loved it - want mor. but don't understand all the anxst - what's that all about? I'm for finding mor and doing mor and making mor happen again and again.

Re: The Meaning Of mor?

thanks for the text - thanks for supporting MoR. I think the whole MoR thing is going to be explained by action. Some people are saying that MoR is about electronica or the "right people" pulling the "right acts". This is their opinion and I respect it. I know they think that that's the way it should be. But MoR was never about any style of music it had mor to do with rebeliion than anything else. MoR has always stood for "not being put down" but also not responding with the same Sh*t - stopping the cycle and creating opportunities for new people to have a chance. The starting point of course has to be that there are too few good people (doers innovators understanders) in positions whaere they can make real change happen. Of course a lot of people would say - why do we need change? isn't it all about the money? really?

IS IT?

i'M OFF TO ANOTHER THREAD "the meaning of mor?"

wanna join me?
what about you wheels? and latex lizzie! and alan what?

c u dere

so when is the next mor gig on?
or is it castlepalooza?

I'm up for it. I think all of the bands who played at mor are up for a bit of rebellion. everywhere i go i find loads of people who are on the outside. time for a return of the sixties ..,.

I'm away Dud keep it going - people join in. this is the way great gigs and great movements are born

I'm
so high
bye

Dudcastle said:
The starting point of course has to be that there are too few good people (doers innovators understanders) in positions whaere they can make real change happen.
Action_Item_2000.jpg

Thanks - you've put it out there. let's see where the people are!

jesus, somebody lock these threads. Last i heard, wasn't it called the Mór festival?, what's this MoR business about?

And please don't confuse 'mor' with 'more', just makes ya look stupid.

Yeah this is getting ridiculous.

Meaning of Thumped:

People posting about music etc; having a laugh, slagging shit off blah blah blah

Important pre requisites : have a sense of humour, don't take peoples opinions too seriously, don't take things personally.
Castlepalooza isn't the first event to get slagged off here, there's a rich and varied history of things that people have worked hard at being ripped to shreds by smart ass nerds.

And so the cycle of life continues...

On the plus side, it's good to have some humourless and contrary people back on Thumped - makes it MOR fun for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back