Castlepalooza (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never did this before but here goes - who the hell gave you knockers the right to trample over those people who put on that great show at the castle? I agree with the majority of comments - you guys were not there because it was brilliant - the best. I never heard of most of the bands before. But I think they were all the best. One band came complete with bellydancers. I discovered Spool from Cork, the Citadels, The Mess, The Ministry, The Trains - I heard John Spillane before but he was better at the castle than anywhere

there was so much going on. lots of new stuff. i think nearly everyone had a job (except me) I went to Lunasa afterwards. It didn't compare. I'm just sorry that more people didn't discover this show.

GrRrrrR said:
Dudes, fair play 'n all, but yiz are really coming across like a bunch of born again christians or something.

I have a better idea - go play somewhere else - trample the flowers in some other garden! You actually don't have to be in this space - do you?

*shizzles* said:
The whole point of MOR is to bring together new and innovative artists

snap-apple said:
so why didn't you?

*shizzles* said:
me...personally??? thats not my ethos. but all the artists that were involved are original and innovative in their own rite.

And you're entitled to your opinion on their originality and innovation. But I was also referring to the 'bring together' element of what you said. The whole enterprise seems to have been one of the most divisive and regretful in recent memory.

To be honest these posts/threads are probably really diminishing some people's mostly fond memories of the first two Mór festivals. But as long as you all keep 'on message'...

snap-apple said:
And you're entitled to your opinion on their originality and innovation. But I was also referring to the 'bring together' element of what you said. The whole enterprise seems to have been one of the most divisive and regretful in recent memory.

To be honest these posts/threads are probably really diminishing some people's mostly fond memories of the first two Mór festivals. But as long as you all keep 'on message'...

I'm happy to know that you have fond memories of Charleville Castle
Right now it seems that we are to take a lashing. But sometime in the future I hope you will return to even better days at the MoR Festival at Charleville. Swings and roundabouts, wet days - dry days, but always worth doing and great to be a part of. But we do need your support and some of the negative comments on this forum have most definately made our efforts less effective. It would be nice to see more fairness and understanding. We are, after all, independent and operating in the heart of offaly - does anyone think that this could be easy

Best to you snap-apple and all
Dud

K_Mor_Guller_Fadimenin_Dugunu_TR.gif

what?

Amira_Mor_CD.jpg

what?

mor-polish.jpg

what?

nomorflats.gif

please, no mor

Re: The Meaning Of mor?

Wheels said:
Castlepalooza isn't the first event to get slagged off here, there's a rich and varied history of things that people have worked hard at being ripped to shreds by smart ass nerds.

It's all well and good slagging off Castlepalooza, but how can you do so when you haven't been there? It's stuff like that which makes it harder for things to work. As it stands, there's people spreading bad things about the event to discourage people from going, which isn't right at all. What would happen if someone happened to say something like Oxegen was shite, and they weren't even there? How would the reaction be then?

You can't have one set of rules for one event, and another set for a different one. That's double standards.

Unicron said:
I can't decide, are these happly clapper "mor was great" people hippies or just 14.

It's nice to know you like projecting your immaturity upon others. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, you really need to cop on. Just because someone enjoyed themselves at something you never went to doesn't give you the right to slag them off. You want to criticise the event? That's fine. But I'd rather you'd be there first before you start doing so, seeing as you don't know what you're talking about.

Go check the Oxegen threads here. For most of the regulars on this site there was very little on the lineup to entice them to go, so they ripped the shit out of it.

If something has what looks to someone to be a crap lineup why would they go just to confirm that the lineup was in fact crap?

Unicron said:
Go check the Oxegen threads here. For most of the regulars on this site there was very little on the lineup to entice them to go, so they ripped the shit out of it.

Not everyone likes the same things, but also, the bands at Oxegen for the most part are well-known, so people know what they like/dislike from the lineup. At Castlepolooza, some of the bands are either doing their first gig there, or are relatively unknown. Some others may be known fairly well, but at the end of the day it's all about enjoying yourself.

If something has what looks to someone to be a crap lineup why would they go just to confirm that the lineup was in fact crap?

You can't judge a book by its cover. After all as mentioned before, a lot of the bands of the festival haven't been heard of, so why can someone automatically assume they're crap? Everyone I talked to during and after the festival said they enjoyed themselves, and some even said they'd come back next time. I think a lot of the reasons for the slagging isn't because of the lineup - it's because the castle decided to go indepenent, and they're trying to make the event look bad.

Hey, it's my God given right to act like a jerk on the internet, and I'm not even being particularly obnoxious (by this site's standards anyway). You enjoyed yourself, fair fucks; there are people here (myself not included, I never went) that have fond memories or Mórs past and the music that was to be found there and are justifiably expressing their dissapointment at the much less adventurous direction the festival took this year and the fact that after key oganisers left the name remained.

Ah fuckit...

I know you are but what am I?

Politik said:
You can't judge a book by its cover. After all as mentioned before, a lot of the bands of the festival haven't been heard of, so why can someone automatically assume they're crap?

By putting them in the context of the overall musical direction of the festival and using the acts that are known as a barometer for what sort of thing the unknown acts will be doing perhaps?

Politik said:
I think a lot of the reasons for the slagging isn't because of the lineup - it's because the castle decided to go indepenent, and they're trying to make the event look bad.
The only people making the event look bad here is you people.

Look, the people on here dug the original festival because of the bands. You split off from the people who organised the bands at the original festivals for your own reasons, which nobody has a problem with. However, to most people mor was these bands, and your initial (and in many ways continued) attempts to draw a crowd on the basis of that name (but not that music) was in a way insulting to a lot of people, so they raised concerns and, as happens on tumped, took the piss. Then you people came in talking a load of well meaning hippie bollocks about the spirit of the castle and all this, and thus set yourselves up for a ripping, which has continued in a manner that was (for the most part) banter and in no way threatened the festival. Your continued attempts to defend the festival are, at this stage, doing far more harm than good.

As the park ranger said, some elephants are just jerks, and the sooner you can accept that no matter what you do some people are always going to take the piss, the sooner you can move on and build something that people can respect. At the minute you working against yourselves. Get over it and move on.

Unicron said:
By putting them in the context of the overall musical direction of the festival and using the acts that are known as a barometer for what sort of thing the unknown acts will be doing perhaps?

That doesn't work if there are multiple genres of music at the festival. You can't compare something like the Beatles to say Eminem because they're both different styles of music. Of course, what I quoted was extreme examples, but hopefully, you get the gist of it.

rednekk said:
I have a better idea - go play somewhere else - trample the flowers in some other garden! You actually don't have to be in this space - do you?
I think you'll find you're in his garden mate, not the other way around.

Unicron said:
Hey, it's my God given right to act like a jerk on the internet, and I'm not even being particularly obnoxious (by this site's standards anyway). You enjoyed yourself, fair fucks; there are people here (myself not included, I never went) that have fond memories or Mórs past and the music that was to be found there and are justifiably expressing their dissapointment at the much less adventurous direction the festival took this year and the fact that after key oganisers left the name remained.

The problem is though that it takes a lot of effort to organise a festival and there's always hiccups along the way. The reason why the festival was less adventurous than last year was because there wasn't the financial backing that was there the last year, so all things considered, for the first independent run, the festival did quite well, and of course now there's been mistakes made, there's plenty of time to rectify the mistakes that were made.

Slagging, flaming, etc. aside though... considering this is the first time the event was done independently of the organisers (there's valid reasons for this, but I can't really go into them), there were bound to be mistakes made, it can't be helped, especially if there's obstacles along the way that heed the progress of the organisation of the event. No matter how good something is planned, there's always going to be something that'll go wrong along the way. It can't always be helped so you generally have to deal with it at the time, and hope for the best.

Despite everything that has happened though, the point is that everyone had fun, and it can be improved for next year. I'm sure next year it'll be better, as people learn from their experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back