Castlepalooza (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudcastle said:
Official Announcement
MoR 2005 Castlepalooza was held at Charleville Castle July 30th & 31st 2005
Sorry you missed it - maybe next year?

The spirit of MoR lives on - MoR will always be as good as the people who make it happen and how the gel and improvise together - people local and people from every background and walk of live - people from over the world.

Being a part of it I understand it - whether it matches up to the aspirations of all or not has little to do with what its about. Basically if you don't like it then don't loose any sleep over because if you're not involved you're not involved - is that OK?

I loved it and I look forward to MoR and MoR

Best to you all
Dud

If this poorly written 'statement' is what you have the audacity to term an official announcement then I really fear for your prospects as a tourism operator in the Midlands Dud. No offence like, but if your grasp of the English language is this poor, then I dread to think what your communications to the Tourism authorities are like.

MacFlecknoe said:
Here, cool signature there Wheels.
My favourite line from that album is:
"I believe that stars are the headlights of angels driving from Heaven to save us".

"When I go downtown
I always wear a corduroy suit
cause it's made of a hundred gutters
that the rain can run right through" :cool:

things were now well in his head recently tho - apparently:eek: :
"After years of unpredictable appearances in the form of the occasional Silver Jews record or published poem, David Berman tried to kill himself with Xanax and crack. Now he's trying to convince himself that he didn't succeed."

http://www.thefader.com/fader/current_issue

giveadogabone said:
"When I go downtown
I always wear a corduroy suit
cause it's made of a hundred gutters
that the rain can run right through" :cool:

things were now well in his head recently tho - apparently:eek: :
"After years of unpredictable appearances in the form of the occasional Silver Jews record or published poem, David Berman tried to kill himself with Xanax and crack. Now he's trying to convince himself that he didn't succeed."

http://www.thefader.com/fader/current_issue

Oh dear. Why are all the pretty ones insane?

In that case, Berman should be as steady and reliable as Rumpole of the Bailey.

just a tenner to camp for Ghads sake - Kinnitty was 25eu more overnight and for what? The setting's not as nice. Website could be less pink though ....
Theseus Mock said:
deadly website

[edit: you have to be a member in order to volunteer, i.e. you gotta pay them a €10. rip off.]

I didn't know half of the obscurity from the past 2 years at Mor either I would say there were better bands this time around (no dj tent unfort. though). Don't you know John Spillane? At least he didn't twitch as if he was having about 15 consecutive strokes in a row like Damo Suzuki last year. What the (expletive deleted) was that guy on? Apparently those guys hadn't played together much before they got onstage and you know what? You could tell!!

Don't slag unless you know what you are talking about. I went and they are all up and coming bands like the theme of the last 2 years and I thought they were a hell of alot better especially Cronin and The Ministry - the bellydancers onstage were a nice touch .|..| .|..| .|..|

Latex lizzie said:
Thats one shite line up right there. Who are these people..??? it reads like a who's who of pub mulingar pub bands or something.

MOR R.I.P.

I think half of them decided to drink themselves legless in their tents cuz there was more than 50 that I saw ...

Alan Latchley said:
Sorry Lizzie, just read page one again. Does Athlone have any pub bands bar failed You're A Star contestants?

Cronin are pretty good. And they're from Mullingar. And, er, John Spillane is fairly entertaining, but that's about it. The rest of them are your sub standard open mic night shite. I reckon this "festival" will attract around 50 people. And they'll all be on the guestlist. It nearly makes me pine for the bacon fryers. !bog

8trackheaven said:
I didn't know half of the obscurity from the past 2 years at Mor either I would say there were better bands this time around (no dj tent unfort. though). Don't you know John Spillane? At least he didn't twitch as if he was having about 15 consecutive strokes in a row like Damo Suzuki last year. What the (expletive deleted) was that guy on? Apparently those guys hadn't played together much before they got onstage and you know what? You could tell!!

Don't slag unless you know what you are talking about. I went and they are all up and coming bands like the theme of the last 2 years and I thought they were a hell of alot better especially Cronin and The Ministry - the bellydancers onstage were a nice touch .|..| .|..| .|..|

yo what the fuck - ministry played at castlebalooza?!?!?!

The afterparty in the ballroom rocked - last year didn't come close to what they were projecting on the walls in there - and Annette Buckley and the harp playing added to it !!!!

That is also the first time I saw a catering stand built in only 24 hours, and a big folding stage .|..|

Its a shame some people turn their noses up at new music like that (that was good by the way) and especially trying to snub something that was put on for charity - for a school for little kids even! Wouldn't that be incentive enough to check it out and camp out around the castle I mean its grounds are better than Kinnitty. Tenner to camp overnight is nothing. We all got our own photo IDs woo hoo

John Spillane with acoustic stage wikd - the Citadels from Cork impressive

Everyone involved had volunteered and worked hard - Kinnitty said they may even advertise it with their night on the AugBH wknd next year get it the recognition it deserves - then it would be 2 castles - one camping weekend -for those who want to escape the cities

The best outside party in a long time - the bands actually were all impressive and there should have been more people - good vibe too no snobbery

THE MINISTRY OF MUSICAL SCIENCE AND MELODY .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| (savage)

Attachments

• TheMinistry.jpg
    TheMinistry.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 48
JAYSUS GO DO US A FAVOR AND BANG YOUR HEAD AGAINST SOMETHING HARD (either that or fall asleep to SLAYER.|..| )

Osama Van Halen said:
OSAMA IS OUTRAGED AT THE DISGRACE ABOUT TO BEFALL SUCH A WELL FORTIFIED LOCATION.... and to be honest I recognise about as many names as I did at the other "Mor" thing. You gotta rock for the people people!!! A pox on their houses, their house's houses and the sons and daughters of said houses... Castlepalooza.... CASTLEPA-LOOSERS!!!!!! ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!

QUOTE [Apparently those guys hadn't played together much before they got onstage and you know what? You could tell!!]

Ever hear of improvisational music? Damo Suzuki has forged a very interesting career doing it. Lots of other people have too.

8trackheaven said:
At least he didn't twitch as if he was having about 15 consecutive strokes in a row like Damo Suzuki last year. What the (expletive deleted) was that guy on? Apparently those guys hadn't played together much before they got onstage and you know what? You could tell!!
And then
8trackheaven said:
Don't slag unless you know what you are talking about.
Hahahah, brilliant.

terri_asshat said:
But dude, didn't no-one go to the damn festival?

I did, and it was f##ing great!!!!!!! :p
Music was excellent, crowd was perfect, and we enjoyed music till the morning in one the rooms of the castle!!!!
You should have come and have fun with us!!!! .|..|

Hahahahaha

The cowbell is the fact that I saw and knew what I was talking about and the person who made the previous quote hadn't

ReadySteadyJedi said:
And then

Hahahah, brilliant.

Alan Latchley said:
I was DJ'ing in Tullamore on Friday night and these groups of kids (€10-a-head-volunteers?) were aimlessly wandering around handing out flyers to all in sundry, and getting kicked out of just about every pub they entered in the process. By 11 o'clock they were saying it was €25, a tenner off. By 1 in the morning it was €20 with a flyer. I asked as many cherished locals as I could if they were going and not one of them had anything good to say about it or the castle, other than they wouldn't mind seeing John Spillane and that loads of Paddies were killed by the Brits up in that Godforsaken castle. Anyway, I rang my friendly publican on Monday to find out how it all went and he said there was six tickets sold, with the rest of the crowd made up of band members/hangers on/partners. A band I know played at it and their drummer told a pal of mine there was at least 10 punters there, so by my calculations that's, er, 8 punters (if you take the Law of Averages into consideration).

well, well, well. i am really sorry for you. I you have this kind of opinion about the castle, you don't deserve to have it. I'd say castle is now part of Rahan, they will appreciate it better.
History has nothing to do with the event. The event was to help a school for kids of your town, and to have new irish bands rising up, and have some exposure.... Bad you weren't part of it.....
I am also really sorry that you're so narrow-minded. Irish history is so important but the past is the past. So many countries were invaded by their neighbours, so if you knew a bit of history around Europe you will know that all of the invaded countries are moving forward, what don't you start?
A+

Well I hope some bands at least made an effort to cover some Michael Jackson songs, you know, in honor of those kids who are bling-bling-ing it with all the monies raised (or could that be lowered? what was the loss on all of this?)

The music was quite brillant actually. The whole point of MOR is to bring together new and innovative artists and their original work and put on a good show while they're at it. So no, there was no creepy child molester Micheal Jackson played...but the show rocked and it was all for the kids. Being a Micheal fan you should be able to appreciate that...

8trackheaven said:
Hahahahaha

The cowbell is the fact that I saw and knew what I was talking about and the person who made the previous quote hadn't
Hahah, you just get stupider and stupider. I LOVE IT!!

Say something else. Go on. This is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back