Canadia (1 Viewer)

indeed. have told work about my "doctors appointment" so hopefully there shouldnt be a problem. two words i do not want to see - Page. Expired.

i know, luckily it fell on my weeks holidays from work. fingers crossed for tomorrow must get everything together. i nearly missed out on this as well, i had assumed the visas would go out on febuary like last year, lucky i checked last night!!

toronto is sweet. loads of crazy crazy hobos around queen west and ossington.

strange boozer system - state run beer stores everywhere. LLBOs for harder sauce seem to be less common. also you have to pay the full fare of 2.25 every time you ride the trolley. i think this encourages you to walk or get a bus pass or something. anyway one of my favourite places in the world but every other canadian from a different city just disses the otehr cities and bigs up their own, especially. people from everywher rag on the Tee Dot. Fools, fools all.

can anyone recommend a canadian bank to set up an account with?usually pretty tedious process setting up a new account outside ireland. the less tedious,the better.

toronto is a soul-less kip. I was stuck there for a year I and was counting the days before till I was leaving... and that was after a month. go to vancouver or montreal.

I hate to say it Damo... I have heard the same.
Now... the lads that were in Toronto were bleedin dubs reeh? And my contact in Vancouver was a hot half native American / half German artsy type chick I was kissing at the time.

So... its possible that this might have in some way coloured my feelings.

Anyway... Damo, I always imagined you, leading an isolated contemplative existence. And not going out. Ever.
Maybe Toronto is rubbish, and you just haven't noticed?

I gotta stick up for Toronto here.

Spent a week or so in Vancouver and about the same in Toronto.

Vancouver = mostly shit. And having read up on it I thought I'd love the place. It's probably great if you are either a health freak or a homeless drug addict. For everyone else it sucks.

Toronto = mostly deadly. Great bars. Good music scene. Great record shops. I know my opinion is probably coloured by the fact that I was in Vanvouver for a boring work conference and in Toronto to play gigs with the band and hang out with Damo and his mates but ...

Last word should go to Craig, Damo's bandmate, who lived in Vancouver for a while but said something like ... "well, Vancouver's great if you are into jogging and that, but I just like drinking beer and playing guitar so Toronto suits me much better".

Never been to Montreal but have heard nothing but good things about it.

Last word should go to Craig, Damo's bandmate, who lived in Vancouver for a while but said something like ... "well, Vancouver's great if you are into jogging and that, but I just like drinking beer and playing guitar so Toronto suits me much better".

Never been to Montreal but have heard nothing but good things about it.
hah - typical Craig.

no one hates Toronto more than somebody from a small town in Ontario (trust me, i was one of those people) but after living here for 6 years i have to say it's one of the best cities on the planet. to each his own i guess. but i love the place.

montreal is full of french hippies, bikers and thugs. in the words of a famous toronto businessman i know "it's the most corrupt place in canada, and i advise against doing business there"....this from a man born and raised there! funny.

Hey rsj,

thanks for the tip but it aint that cheap for a non belfastian.

It looks cheap (say £80 each way) but the taxes and charges double it and the conversion to euro leaves it at about 400euro return before you even get to Belfast/London?

Surely i can get to toronto for maybe €300 from Dublin? I dunno, i think thats all im willing ot pay for a few days there

Jesus, that's a pretty tight budget to get half way across the world dude! You might get to the US for €300 (if you're very lucky), but toronto... Good luck.

round trip flight to Dublin from Toronto and back on Air Transat, booked 4 months in advance by a travel agent friend (better price than anything i saw online) equals to about 420 euros. just an fyi.

whats the cheapest way to fly to Toronto from here? For a holiday like

If you wanna go direct from Dublin, it would seem you have to wait till May and globespan.com do return flights for between 300 to 450 euro....
(€120 is to be paid in advance and the rest 70 days before travelling)

otherwise it seems you have to fly to London or go from Belfast (but this is more expensive as has been said)

this is a useful page for Dublin dwellers, it has links to airlines and gives out timetables for direct and indirect flights:

http://www.dublinairport.com/plan-your-trip/destination_map.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back