Canadia (1 Viewer)

went on holidays to Toronto & Montreal last year. Toronto is great, just a great city with convenient services, nice things to see and no bullshit. Took the train from T. to Montreal where I mostly slept in the lawns of that fancy university there (the name escapes me). It struck me that there's a helluva lot of homeless bums in Montreal & I was waaay too lazy to actually see tourist stuff - i didn't give it the proper attention it deserved. but yeah, canada is great. lay off the timmy hortons.

All about the Montreal. Toronto was far more standard a city, starbucks literally every second corner etc. Though Queen St (?) has a few amazing record shops and the like. Montreal has La Sala Rosa venue and generally speaking had a much better vibe I though than TO. Also, though the homeless problem was way out of control in TO as opposed to MTL. Though I don't recall MTL having deadly record shops ...? (Not that thats necessarily a priority for you.). If its work your after, all the Canadians are heading to Calgary where, so the saying goes, you get paid $19 just to pour coffee (in Tim H's. Which was deadly).

All about the Montreal. Toronto was far more standard a city, starbucks literally every second corner etc. Though Queen St (?) has a few amazing record shops and the like. Montreal has La Sala Rosa venue and generally speaking had a much better vibe I though than TO. Also, though the homeless problem was way out of control in TO as opposed to MTL. Though I don't recall MTL having deadly record shops ...? (Not that thats necessarily a priority for you.). If its work your after, all the Canadians are heading to Calgary where, so the saying goes, you get paid $19 just to pour coffee (in Tim H's. Which was deadly).

COUGH SPUTTER

montreal and calgary?!?!?

frogs and cowboys out. Toronto 4eva!!!!!

COUGH SPUTTER

montreal and calgary?!?!?

frogs and cowboys out. Toronto 4eva!!!!!

I don't know shit about Calgary bein' honest just that I heard that thats where the work is at. Whats the name of the famous Greek cafe in Toronto, Zumos or Zupos or something? What I wouldnt give for a montreal smoked meat sandwich outta there right now.

well, what wouldnt you give?

Yr question has prompted me to examine my use of the phrase "What I wouldnt give" and I have concluded that not only am I not sure exactly what the phrase means but I also don't like the phrase and am going to immediately discontinue my use of it. To answer your question though I probably wouldn't give over 10 yips Canadian for one.
Thems shits is good though. Reals good.

Yr question has prompted me to examine my use of the phrase "What I wouldnt give" and I have concluded that not only am I not sure exactly what the phrase means but I also don't like the phrase and am going to immediately discontinue my use of it. To answer your question though I probably wouldn't give over 10 yips Canadian for one.
Thems shits is good though. Reals good.
ok. thanks Dixer

toronto is a soul-less kip. I was stuck there for a year I and was counting the days before till I was leaving... and that was after a month. go to vancouver or montreal.

Vancouver eh?anyone bothered to write up a brief unbiased pros and cons for toronto and vancouver?e.g pubs, events, living expenses(rent etc.), general stuff to do...

Vancouver eh?anyone bothered to write up a brief unbiased pros and cons for toronto and vancouver?e.g pubs, events, living expenses(rent etc.), general stuff to do...
as much as i loathe Vice, they did an alright Guide to Toronto

http://www.viceland.com/issues/guide_to/htdocs/

they did a Vancouver one as well, but i've never been there so i'm not sure if it's good or not

http://www.viceland.com/int/vancouver/htdocs/index.php?country=ca

ehhhh...so there ya go.

I doubt that. Can you prove it, eh? EH?
nope, you'll just have to take my word for it that i was standing on my porch at 4:30 this morning in a parka and no shoes or socks, drinking tim horton's coffee and smoking a players extra light regular. then i went in and watched hockey highlights. then i fell asleep on the couch.

nope, you'll just have to take my word for it that i was standing on my porch at 4:30 this morning in a parka and no shoes or socks, drinking tim horton's coffee and smoking a players extra light regular. then i went in and watched hockey highlights. then i fell asleep on the couch.

Living the dream.

Sigh. I'm shedding a tear now for the old country, Damo. You are one heck of a Lavajo.

anyone have any experience of buying the 12 month working visa for canada. Being made available in a couple of weeks. Called into Usit about it, they are only available online.which is grand. According to yer wan in there,i should be ready to "rock and roll"(ugh huh huh) on the morning with all my credit card/passport details etc. because they will disappear almost immediately. its a first come first served basis.would prefer to be able to use over the counter payment on something like this. anyone know, how soon these were gone in the past?used people que for em overnight?just for an idea on how immediate the demand will be,

cheers

Mates of mine went for this before in the USIT in cork, the que used start at around 7pm the day before. Mad mad rush for the things like. I'd say write all your personal, passport and credit card details into a text file so you don't waste time typing them in.

(cheers rsj). yeah, got onto usit later yesterday afternoon. apparently its completely hit and miss. didnt sell out at all last year, were gone in 20mins the year before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back