Canadia (2 Viewers)

dunderhead

Can anyone give me some down to basic facts aboot living in this here country. Was thinking aboot heading to Toronto for a year.Dont wanna arrive there to realise its a bigger Waterford or something. anyone been there or in and around the place. Whats the story with the city for heading oot, boozing, rent, people etc..Also, Visas, how easy is it to get one?a 6 to 12 month one that is...

tanks.

send me a PM with specific questions about Toronto, i'll do what i can to answer them. she's a beautiful city today, nice and sunny - bit of a cunt when she's snowy and cold tho, so be ye warned!!!

hey ill be there in about two weeks scoping the place out. any recommendations (apart from rotate this, ill go there) would be great!

recommendations as far as what? don't be alarmed if i don't reply, headed out soon to go see a show...but i'll get back to ya.

Any lowdown on Vancouver? Or Montreal?

Toronto is nice, from what I saw. Although there is penis-size issues on a city scale.

just things to do. good places to drink etc. take your time bud.

also pointers to any decent areas to live would be great too. cheers!

"penis size issues on a city scale"???? what in fuck..????

there are too many places to drink/places to see/places to see to mention, really. seriously. it's a great city. shit beach, but you'll see a good show every other week. gimme a price range and i'll sort yis out. yer lookin at a grand for a decent spot, really. that's...what? 800 yo's? a month. it all dependes, mannnnnnnnn.

did i mention the lax dope laws?

Lord Damian said:
"penis size issues on a city scale"???? what in fuck..????

Skydome-CNtower(1).jpg

I'm thinking about the CN Tower next the Sky Dome. "The Tallest Free Standing Structure in the World". Yonge Street? "The Longest street in the world".

But that aside... I really liked Toronto. I'm seriously considering moving there.

so can anyone post some toronto info here? heading there for a couple of days in late july.

dos and donts?

places to stay?

i was on to USIT today, they dont have any info on Visas for 2007 so they basically couldnt(or wouldnt) help with any of my queries which were pretty general I thought.Anyway, i just wanna have an idea for myself....Come the new year, there should be a bunch of new Visas issued. As i was saying earlier in the thread I'm hoping to be over there Feb or March, there should be no problem getting a 12 monther for then right?as far as im aware there is little or no screening process, you apply for it and get it. correct me if im wrong.I'm pretty clueless about this stuff, never had to deal with Visas before....

Grazie

went on holidays to Toronto & Montreal last year. Toronto is great, just a great city with convenient services, nice things to see and no bullshit. Took the train from T. to Montreal where I mostly slept in the lawns of that fancy university there (the name escapes me). It struck me that there's a helluva lot of homeless bums in Montreal & I was waaay too lazy to actually see tourist stuff - i didn't give it the proper attention it deserved. but yeah, canada is great. lay off the timmy hortons.

oh right, i thought it was a canadian version of cockney slang or something, phew.

i was on to USIT today, they dont have any info on Visas for 2007 so they basically couldnt(or wouldnt) help with any of my queries which were pretty general I thought.Anyway, i just wanna have an idea for myself....Come the new year, there should be a bunch of new Visas issued. As i was saying earlier in the thread I'm hoping to be over there Feb or March, there should be no problem getting a 12 monther for then right?as far as im aware there is little or no screening process, you apply for it and get it. correct me if im wrong.I'm pretty clueless about this stuff, never had to deal with Visas before....

Grazie

earliest you can move is april i think. it takes 6 weeks to process or something. im planning on going in april anyways. FUN!

thats only a month after i intended to be gone, plenty of time to get my financial shit together in that case. had heard that before but the source was drunk and unreliable sober also.Cheers.

Canada's own version of starbucks. They swear by it.
nah canada's version of starbucks is definitely starbucks. there's a starbucks every half block in downtown vancouver. its pretty disgraceful.
tim hortons is where the blue collar canadians and and value obsessed asians go for cheap coffee and cheap hearty meals. for cheap read ditchwater and for hearty read salty with zero nutrition. tim hortons does sell "timbits" which are mini doughnuts marketed as the holes from real doughnuts. they're an institution over here. speshly in the work place where they act as team building food or impromptu rewards for overtime. they cost 2 bucks for 20. welcome to canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back