Canadia (1 Viewer)

do make say think are playing a canada day concert in toronto. pretty good. ciaran you should check out the hillside festival in ontario while you're there. ill be heading to this one i'd say. website is being weird, but heres some of the lineup

Ani Difranco (Sunday evening)
-The Dears (Saturday)
-Chumbawumba Acoustic (Friday) (is that the tubthumping lads?)
-Alejandro Escovedo (Sunday)
-Do Make Say Think (Saturday)
-Mad Violet
-Blackie and the Rodeo Kings
-Martin Sexton
-Ron Sexsmith
-Shout Out Out Out Out
-Memphis
-Akron/Family
-Apostle of Hustle

do make say think are playing a canada day concert in toronto. pretty good. ciaran you should check out the hillside festival in ontario while you're there. ill be heading to this one i'd say. website is being weird, but heres some of the lineup

Ani Difranco (Sunday evening)
-The Dears (Saturday)
-Chumbawumba Acoustic (Friday) (is that the tubthumping lads?)
-Alejandro Escovedo (Sunday)
-Do Make Say Think (Saturday)
-Mad Violet
-Blackie and the Rodeo Kings
-Martin Sexton
-Ron Sexsmith
-Shout Out Out Out Out
-Memphis
-Akron/Family
-Apostle of Hustle
never been to the Hillside myself but with a lineup like that you won't be seeing my ass there anytime soon.

where's that DMST canada day fest you mentioned? likely on the island....that might be nice.

That's July 1st right??

Awesome to the maxx. Think I'll be making my way there
see you guys at the bar

ps Lord Damian - see you Sat night - turns out I'm putting on some tunes after that camera obscura gig:eek:
july 1st, yes.

see you saturday - should be an unusual night.

So im goin to Toronto next Thursday for a fortnight and probably up to Montreal for a few days too.

Where do i find out gigs goin on in the city? For thumped pricks like, not some regatta on the water or a fireworks festival

So im goin to Toronto next Thursday for a fortnight and probably up to Montreal for a few days too.

Where do i find out gigs goin on in the city? For thumped pricks like, not some regatta on the water or a fireworks festival
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2007-08-02/music_toc.php

http://www.eyeweekly.com/music/concerts/index.php#chart

that's toronto sorted (you'll have to check the site again when next thursday comes around). i've no idea about montreal.

Thanks Damo,

So im bookin a return train journey up to Montreal and the difference in prices to do it in advance are stupendous. Thanks to Ciaran R, im gettin a return trio for CAN $125 instead of a possible CAN$300 if i left it until the day.

Madness, thats about €85 i think, which is pretty damn good considering Dublin to Cork is €60

Thanks Damo,

So im bookin a return train journey up to Montreal and the difference in prices to do it in advance are stupendous. Thanks to Ciaran R, im gettin a return trio for CAN $125 instead of a possible CAN$300 if i left it until the day.

Madness, thats about €85 i think, which is pretty damn good considering Dublin to Cork is €60
good man - travelling by train is the business, especially in Ontario. you'll enjoy it.

i'm flirting with the idea of packing it all in and moving to canada for a year. how doable is it? i know usit offer a programme. any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. cheers

living expenses, food, rent, booze etc. pretty much the same as home. if your willing to work at any old shite then the wages are pretty bad though. minimum wage is $8.50, about 6.5 eurai. look into getting a visa direct from the embassey if you really wanna try and save cash from the start. while usit set up everything etc. it still costs over a grand and a half. flights can be bought very cheaply, or cheap enough anyway at differnt times of the year to/from london.zoom airlines especially. not tied down to specific dates/deapture locations that you decided on a year ago in that case also. friend over here wanted to change her departure destination from vancouver to toronto, distance being west side to east side of canada. but was told shed have to pay 150 on top of the usit cash she has already paid. inspite of the fact she would be using a fuckload less airmiles. in short, flights across atlantic aint too expensive if you do it yourself and the embassey should be able to get you your visa.(or so ive heard sine i got here). flying into and travelling up to toronto/montreal/ wherever from new york for example on rail is cheap.

in vancouver at the moment. nice city for the summer etc. great scenery all over the provence, seattle just down the road, pubs are okay, always a few interesting gigs going on. after summer pisses rain here for 7-8 months though. hoping to head back to the much colder toronto come autumn. very much a north american city but with loads to do there and culturally really diverse and definitely more going on than vancouver music/arts wise.caters for whatever needs basically. same goes for montreal, only a lot more character to that place. without french, getting a job there would be pretty difficult. halifax in nova scotia and st johns, new foundland also look really interesting. have heard great things about them but know very little apart from the gaelic descendants that live there and generally they like to get drunk and sing.if you like to get drunk and sing , go to one of those places.

ah come on now. lets not get all biased. toronto could be any north american city. lot of good things going on inside it though.

thanks dunderhead. checked the embassy site there. seems like you have to apply through the london embassy for the visa. am i right in saying that you can stay for up to 6 months if you're not working? if that's the case i might just work my ass off here and go on a long holiday

you can stay up to 12 months and not work a single day once you have over a grand coming into the country from ireland

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back