Any wrestling fans? (3 Viewers)

I haven't watched a wrestling match since the 2000's.
but I have read a few times that it's known in advance
via the internet what the outcome of matches will be.
what affect does this have ? how long has this been happening ?
any good stories ?

any good stories ?

Wrestling Twitter is full of "insiders" with a fairly solid 50% prediction rate.

any good stories ?

Can't remember the wrestler, but there is one story of a guy who blabbed in a hotel bar that he was gonna win such and such a title on such and such show, and word quickly got back to the bookers so they nixed it immediately. I think that's about as much as really gets out, as storylines aren't really settled that much in advance anymore. Shows are often rewritten on the day now, even WrestleMania.

any good stories ?

There was a guy on reddit who for a few months in the past 2 years would post the results of the big monthly PPV shows a few hours before they took place. Tended to be fairly accurate.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched this match the other day for the first time. The 1992 Wrestling Observer Match of the Year. It is still great. The crowd are insane.

OVER THE TOP WRESTLING

WITH AL PORTER, RUBBERBANDITS & MORE COMEDIANS TO BE ANNOUNCED

LIVE AT THE VODAFONE COMEDY CARNIVAL GALWAY
SUNDAY 30TH OCTOBER - 11:00PM, BLACK BOX THEATRE

INVASION OF THE BODY SLAMS
STAND UPS & BEAT DOWNS

X-PAC AND CHRIS HERO TO APPEAR IN GALWAY

And now for something completely different! Over The Top Wrestling is Ireland's newest OVER 18s American Wrestling entertainment company.

Wrestling fans will be delighted to hear that WWE and former WWF star X-Pac is coming to Ireland for this mind blowing show. X-Pac will be joined on the night by another WWE Legend, Chris Hero. Wrestling fans in Galway will have never seen anything like this. Over The Top Wrestling is Ireland's newest OVER 18s American Wrestling entertainment company and boy do they put on a show.

We are thrilled to announce that X-Pac and Chris Hero will be joined on the night by several comedians for cameo roles. Amongst them will be Al Porter who claims to have his own leotard, while the Rubberbandits are expected to be able to source some wrestling masks with ease.

A typical show involves a unique mixture of extreme American Wrestling entertainment taking place in a twisted circus sideshow setting. This is a highly believable, technically impressive and consistently entertaining show. Galway has never seen anything like this. It’s not very PC, it’s often outrageous and the action plays out to a hard rock soundtrack. It’s electrifying well orchestrated madness which should not be missed.

I went to CMLL at the Arena Mexico the other week. It was a bit of a dud week match quality wise when compared to the previous weeks but was still a fun show. The locals go mad at times and love the heels. This fella posts loads of lucha libre tv every week. Definitely a must do if you go near Mexico City sometime!

I went to CMLL at the Arena Mexico the other week. It was a bit of a dud week match quality wise when compared to the previous weeks but was still a fun show. The locals go mad at times and love the heels. This fella posts loads of lucha libre tv every week. Definitely a must do if you go near Mexico City sometime!

I never got into lucha so I'll be checking that out. While we're on the subject, does anyone remember a documentary on lucha that was on RTÉ back in the late '90s? I've never been able to find it since, but it was pretty much an intro to the culture and its history, with a focus on a few of its characters - it definitely had a bit on the wrestling priest, Fray Tormenta (the subtitles translated it as 'Father Thunder') with a clip of him saying mass in his mask.

decent enough watch if you want to see some crazy stunts. would've been cool if he'd asked the wrestlers would they rather be working for a non-hardcore promotion or what they think of the state of former ECW wrestlers these days and if they see any comparisons with themselves but y'know...journalism!

decent enough watch if you want to see some crazy stunts. would've been cool if he'd asked the wrestlers would they rather be working for a non-hardcore promotion or what they think of the state of former ECW wrestlers these days and if they see any comparisons with themselves but y'know...journalism!

Thanks for the reminder to watch this. I get a kick out of the idea that Drake Younger swapped the smashed light tubes life for refereeing with WWE.

I went to my first Progress show in ages at the weekend. Will Ospreay vs Matt Riddle was a blast. Riddle is a total superstar who really should be headlining big NXT shows next year before going on to the main WWE roster and taking over the world...but that could probably be said of lots of guys. I had never seen him wrestle before the show but had heard about how great he was supposed to be. Crowd kept singing Gold by Spandau Ballet at him except "gold" was replaced "bro" - my new fav wrestler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back