Any wrestling fans? (3 Viewers)

many terrible t-shirts and tattoos on display? I haven't been to a show in Ireland in a long time but presumably these are universal features of wrestling crowds. At the Rev Pro show I saw a horrendous old WWF scratch logo leg tattoo.

Ospreay intro video uploaded as well. There I am clapping away!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Guy in front of us in the queue outside, 40-something with two kids, had the Black Flag bars on his ankle.

Didn't notice any other tats, lots of bootleg Shinsuke shirts though. Can't blame them, the merch stand inside was 10 rows deep and they were flogging tees for €30 - a big mark-up on the web store.

What other Dublin promotions are there? Is there still war on boards.ie every week with rival promotions sabotaging each other?

Nah, only OTT/Main Stage are running regular shows and bringing over ringer talent - only in Dublin and Limerick, though. There's Celtic Championship Wrestling in Cork. That's about it. IWW supposedly still exists but I can't see that they've run any shows in the last three years.

Even aside from OTT being cocks to me on Twitter for my bad experience at their February show, it's still 'over-18s' with one of those cliquey regular crowds that are marks for themselves. The fucking national anthem thing, I don't even know where to start with that. And that 'one fall' chant really gets on my tits, they were doing it at NXT last week too.

I know you can't get away from that anywhere but still.

Don't get me wrong, though. I've got no beef with anyone who goes to OTT and enjoys the wrestling - they've got great homegrown talent, and creative character stuff (the problematic stuff excepted). I have friends who go regularly and they aren't arseholes. I just don't want to give OTT any more of my money or attention.

And I am bitter that there's no local competition I can turn to. I don't have a spare hundred quid for flights to London, like.

Whaaaaaa?

I just remember from when I lived in Dublin that IWW wouldn't advertise their dates online because they said that people were ringing up venues where they were booked claiming to be the organisers and cancelling bookings etc.

That is some amazing carny shit.

Ridiculous, alright. No wonder I never knew when they were running. I only went to two IWW shows, the first matinee one in Tallaght and the AJ Styles/Daniels main event one at the SFX in 2005, I think? Always meant to go to one of their Gym Wars shows in Baldoyle but never got round to it. Wasn't involved in any wrestling forums or the like back then; still amn't really.

Ridiculous, alright. No wonder I never knew when they were running. I only went to two IWW shows, the first matinee one in Tallaght and the AJ Styles/Daniels main event one at the SFX in 2005, I think? Always meant to go to one of their Gym Wars shows in Baldoyle but never got round to it. Wasn't involved in any wrestling forums or the like back then; still amn't really.

Ha I found that SFX show I went to, apparently I saw Jody Fleisch, Johnny Storm and Matt Cross. I don't remember any of that.

Don't get me wrong, though. I've got no beef with anyone who goes to OTT and enjoys the wrestling - they've got great homegrown talent, and creative character stuff (the problematic stuff excepted). I have friends who go regularly and they aren't arseholes. I just don't want to give OTT any more of my money or attention.

Shame, they've got a good card for August. Zack Sabre Jr, Jigsaw and Marty Scurll all all over for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back