Any wrestling fans? (2 Viewers)

(And don't get me wrong: Brock can lose a competitive fight and still hold his head high when he's back the ring for SummerSlam. But if Hunt steamrollers him, he's done in my book.)

True story: that guy (Zandig) main-evented the first Irish Whip show in Tallaght in the summer of 2002. (There were two shows on the day, I went to the matinee; no fluorescent light tubes for the kids. But we did get a barrel-chested Tatanka.)

Brock can definitely win but there is a good chance that he does get smashed. If he does get smashed I hope we at least get the return of bearded Brock walking to the octagon to Enter Sandman. Also will be interesting to see what his body looks like after being subjected to USADA testing.

Brock can definitely win but there is a good chance that he does get smashed. If he does get smashed I hope we at least get the return of bearded Brock walking to the octagon to Enter Sandman. Also will be interesting to see what his body looks like after being subjected to USADA testing.

I hope Heyman comes with him

Hunt seems to knock lads out with very little effort but Lesnar can move about the ring a lot faster than anyone that size should be able to. Plus he's probably been on the roids for the last while. Going to be an exciting fight.

He's exempt, last I read. How conveeeenient.

notes on testing from this week's Wrestling Observer:

The UFC’s drug testing program calls for an athlete coming out of retirement to have to make himself available for testing for four months prior to his first fight. The policy does allow UFC to grant an exemption to the four-month rule in “exceptional circumstances.”

In this case, UFC made a statement that this fits that bill. They noted that Lesnar is now subject to their drug testing program. He will likely be tested regularly between now and fight time. At least, to not make a mockery of the program, he should be. They noted that he didn’t sign his bout agreement until 6/3. The announcement and the deal were held up by WWE not yet approving. The statement was that when Lesnar retired in 2011, this program wasn’t in place, so he didn’t retire to avoid drug testing. The program is in place with the idea that an active fighter could retire, get juiced up, not be subject to testing and then come out of retirement. UFC couldn’t test him prior to WWE signing off on the deal because he was under contract to WWE and had no written release allowing him to be on the UFC active roster. But it does create an interesting loophole and even though it got a lot of attention, in many ways it is not without regular precedence.

Jeff Novitzky, the UFC’s Senior Vice President for Athlete Health and Performance, flew to Saskatchewan, where Lesnar lives, over the weekend to personally meet with Lesnar and explain the company’s new drug testing procedures. Lesnar can be tested unannounced at any time by USADA now that his name is on the active roster.

It should also be noted that anyone who signs with UFC often fights in less than four months, so they are not subject to four months of drug testing before their first fight. The idea is to not allow people to retire to game the system. People who are debuting don’t have to go through months of drug testing prior to their first match. People coming in as late replacements are often fighting with a few weeks or less under contract. Many will, like Lesnar, have been in UFC before, cut, been out of drug testing and be called late to return. But the rules do specify retirement, and Lesnar, in both 2011 and 2015, said he was retired.

TAKE IT TO THE MMA THREAD, LADS

to get back on topic:

that Seth Rollins documentary on the network was great.
I enjoyed the final of the Super Juniors but the O'Reilly vs Kushida match was better than Ricochet vs Ospreay...but both were great.
Finn vs Joe in the cage was good. I fast forwarded through most of the show though...caught some of Nakamura vs Aries which looked fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A fun show. Ospreay vs Bailey was very good. Ospreay got an incredible reaction before and after. Angle vs Sabre was very short as Kurt was injured. Great atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back