Ирландия против России (5 Viewers)

here- whats the story now. if we win our last 2 games we finish second- or am i missing something? surely we are favourites to be second place in this group right?

Via some dude from the Indo: Permutations. If Ireland win two remaining games, only way they can miss playoff is if Slovakia-Russia draw and win their other matches.

Armenia getting something out of Slovakia tonight would do us a huge favour.

Bloody hell, I need a stiff drink after that. Trap should face the inquisition for not changing things up halfway through, it was individual heroics and pure luck that got us the point there. Must be something like 70% possession for Russia and 20 shots on goal to 2 for us. The obvious frustration of Doyle as he was coming off said a lot, the current system just isn't giving us our best chance, I'd say we've created a grand total of about 5 clear goal chances in the last 3 games combined. Macedonia a few days ago caused them far more problems than we did. We may scrape into a playoff if other results go our way but I have zero confidence in us actually beating any decent sides. On another point, Stephen Ward is an even worse crosser of the ball than McGeady, counted 5 or 6 wasted chances from him, every single one was either floated comfortably into the keeper's arms or over the top and out of play. Dunne should have a statue built in O'Connell St but it's very frustrating that tactically we played into their hands again.

Via some dude from the Indo: Permutations. If Ireland win two remaining games, only way they can miss playoff is if Slovakia-Russia draw and win their other matches.

Armenia getting something out of Slovakia tonight would do us a huge favour.

ah right. changes things somewhat. Slovakia/Russia draw plus victories in other matches is not an unimaginable scenario

2 up now. They could get second in the group, never mind us and Slovakia.

They aren't giving the Slovaks the same time on the ball as we were last week and they're playing fast counter attacking football. They well deserve the lead. 0-4 now btw.

Fucking great result in Slovakia! Means the Slovakians have to go all out to try and beat the Russians if they want to stay in the chase. And if they do beat the Russians, and we win our last 2 games...
Only problem is, the last match is against Armenia, who just bate Slovakia 4-0

This group is still not confusing enough yet. Slovakia beat Russia, we win the last two games... we are in the finals as far as I can see. Didn't really need Armenia to sneak up out of nowhere though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back