Ирландия против России (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
And first the Slovaks.
No McCarthy, Walters or Wilson - controversial perhaps but ultimately the right decision.
Four points for the taking.
Look out for me in Moscow!

Republic of Ireland squad: Given (Aston Villa), Westwood (Sunderland), Forde (Millwall), O'Shea (Sunderland), Foley (Wolves), Kelly (Fulham), Ward (Wolves), Dunne (Aston Villa), Kilbane (Derby), St Ledger (Leicester), O'Dea (Leeds), Whelan (Stoke), Gibson (Manchester United), Andrew (Ipswich), Keogh (Leeds), Duff (Fulham), McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Hunt (Wolves), Lawrence (Portsmouth), Treacy (Burnley), Keane (LA Galaxy), Doyle (Wolves)

Fahey out and Given hurt his back again. McCarthy probably should have been called up. I'd start with the side that started against France in paris since it worked that night but the worry as always is if we go behind we have no one capable of pulling the strings in the centre to throw on.

Fahey out and Given hurt his back again. McCarthy probably should have been called up. I'd start with the side that started against France in paris since it worked that night but the worry as always is if we go behind we have no one capable of pulling the strings in the centre to throw on.

He's in the U21s, which was a very smart move if you ask me, and can still be called up if there's injuries.
PS - he looks crap from what I've seen so far this season.

He's in the U21s, which was a very smart move if you ask me, and can still be called up if there's injuries.
PS - he looks crap from what I've seen so far this season.

I've never been bowled over by him but he's as close as we have to an attacking midfielder at the moment. What are our under 21s like at the moment ? Being an Evertonian we always know what shape the England U21s are like based on how many of our first team are selected but Ireland wise I've no idea.

The under 21s have a lot of potentially very good players, particularly midfielders.. Robbie Brady from Man Utd's youth side who is currently on loan at Hull and scored a lovely goal over the weekend, Conor Clifford from Chelsea's youth side, Richie Towell at Celtic, Jeff Hendrick and Mark O'Brien who are in Derby's first team near the top of the Championship, Enda Stevens the Shamrock Rovers left back.. We're thin on strikers at that level (though Sean Scannell at Crystal Palace has looked promising on occasion) but apart from that there seems to be talent coming through all over the pitch.

With Gibson and Fahey out Trap has to call up McCarthy now surely? Or Wes Hoolahan or somebody? If anything happens to Whelan or Andrews we'd be looking at pushing Foley, O'Shea or Lawrence into centre midfield as things stand.

Lawerence probably hasn't got the engine for the middle of the park but he can pass which makes him 1000 times the player that Gibson is , O Shea has to start at centre half, I think he played there for Sunderland over the weekend seemed solid. He definitely hasn't got the positional brain to play in midfield. Is Hoolahan the lad at Norwich ? He looked bright enough at the weekend.

Going to this and all so I am. Yet to be in the new Landsdowne for a football game.

I reckon four points from these two games would be immense but probably not much difference between that and just 3 from the Slovakia game given the Russians will have a superior head to head and will beat Slovakia and Macedonia. Brave defeat in the play off still our aim.

Yeah 45 Euro for the cheapest ones. Went to a ticketmaster and they said they were sold out at that price but a mate got them online. We are in a corner though. Might be some going cheap from the scalpers.

Team announced for tomorrow:
Code:
          Given
O'Shea Dunne St.Ledger Ward
Duff Whelan Andrews McGeady
      Keane Long
[\code]

So Killer's mighty run comes to an end to give Ward a chance
and Long gets the nod over Doyle, which is somewhat surprising.
Trap keeping Doyle in reserve for the Russia game?

Slovakia have scored 1 goal in all of their 6 games (including 2
games against Andorra) so all we have to do is score 2 and we'll be grand..

Good side that. Interesting to see if O Shea and particularly Ward are allowed cross the halfway line. Pretty sure Ward will just do it anyway he seems the type. Would still rather see O Shea at centre half though.

Long gets the nod over Doyle, which is somewhat surprising.
Trap keeping Doyle in reserve for the Russia game?

It's very interesting, and that's what I was thinking about Doyle. It does signal a more attacking intent, which is good.

Going to this and all so I am.

Good on ya. I'm going to MOSCOW BABY!!!

st ledger...NO...andrews...NO...but it's not too shabby.
killer has a back injury, i wonder would he have started if he was fit??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back