Any wrestling fans? (2 Viewers)

I hate that Chikara stuff. I'm going to NXTin Dublin in a couple of months. I've never been to wrestling in Ireland, keep meaning to check out that thing in the Tivoli but they seem so precious.

Ha I love Chikara but I can see why it's not to everyone's taste.

I can't recommend OTT; the promoters are condescending pricks, the 'fuck PG' stuff is stuck in the past, and the venue is awful (it's not in the Tivoli proper, it's in the nightclub next door). The wrestling is mostly great, but you can see most of those guys in indie promotions in the UK that aren't so exclusionary.

I wish there was an option for the rest of us to see people like Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr but I guess there's no market for all-ages indie wrestling in this country, alas.

I'll be at NXT myself, of course. I hear it's not selling too well which is sad but I can't say I'm surprised.

I wish there was an option for the rest of us to see people like Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr but I guess there's no market for all-ages indie wrestling in this country, alas.

I'll be at NXT myself, of course. I hear it's not selling too well which is sad but I can't say I'm surprised.

My preference for that show would have been upstairs but it doesn't appear that they're selling there.

I've been to a few Rev Pro show in London, I often do a double bill weekend of going to them and catching a football match. They put on some great stuff. I've seen Devitt and Ricochet have a great match, and Will Ospreay vs Matt Sydell which was incredible. Lots of the top New Japan guys too. Mad to think that I saw AJ Styles wrestle to 1,000 people in London last year and hes' about to headline WWE PPVs.

My preference for that show would have been upstairs but it doesn't appear that they're selling there.

I've been to a few Rev Pro show in London, I often do a double bill weekend of going to them and catching a football match. They put on some great stuff. I've seen Devitt and Ricochet have a great match, and Will Ospreay vs Matt Sydell which was incredible. Lots of the top New Japan guys too. Mad to think that I saw AJ Styles wrestle to 1,000 people in London last year and hes' about to headline WWE PPVs.

First tier only, I think - they're probably tarping off the upper sections like they did for the TNA show a few years back. Any kind of elevated seat in there is grand, though.

Jealous of your Rev Pro attendances! I've only made it to one, Liger/Devitt three years ago, but it was a brilliant show. York Hall is great for wrestling.

Any kind of elevated seat in there is grand, though.

I bought them the morning they went on sale so hopefully we've got the best of the cheap seats that were available, row 13 I think it is

Just checked and there are seats in row 9 going for 44 quid, doubt the view is THAT much better

Last edited:
EVERYONE got row 13 in the presale! Block G for us.

We're in C.

I'm curious about who'll still be there by the time the show comes around. I want great things for Devitt and American Alpha, but not for a few months. Hopefully they'll have picked who they want to bring up in the post-WM show and things will stay as for a while.

Dream match for the night would be Shinsuke and Balor.

Greatest sport in the world.

I've managed to get a friend back into wrestling and am bringing him to the Angle vs Sabre show at the York Hall. He wants to make us gold medals.

Those shows are lots of fun but you always run the risk of getting stuck next to some idiot who starts chanting "FIVE START MATCH!" at something which is above average.

Progress shows are good as well but I haven't been to one in ages. Probably gonna go to the big one in Brixton for a laugh.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Brock's is supposed to be announced on ESPN tonight. Punk is fighting a nobody named Mickey Gall who by all accounts in going to demolish him. There'll be a documentary series or something following the buildup to that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back