Restaurant Recommendations (3 Viewers)

Used to go to that chinese buffet when we first moved here - but then they stopped doing steamed rice (I HATE fried rice, especially when it has egg in it, gawk!) and I had to ask for it and then got the sneaking suspicion that the rice I got was scraped off the end of the rice cooker....so haven't really gone back much since :(

Loads of deadly places around there. I'm a fan of The Hop House

yup, hop house is good stuff. i'm liking both fortuna and sichuan house at the mo for tasty spicy goodness.

bonus points for fortuna's picturetastic menu, featuring a lot of beaks. and feet.

What's the deal with Yamamori? Been there twice and I'm not feeling it. Sooo salty.

hugely over-rated. sushi is generally limp and tasteless, but was better than the sushi in aya, which was watery to taste and massively expensive. haven't tried the new sushi place which took over... anyone been in there? actually, does anyone know of anywhere in dublin which does good sushi? anyway, i find any dishes in yamamori which involve rice or tofu are incredibly stodgey. i much prefer wagamama, as the food is much lighter.

hugely over-rated. sushi is generally limp and tasteless, but was better than the sushi in aya, which was watery to taste and massively expensive. haven't tried the new sushi place which took over... anyone been in there? actually, does anyone know of anywhere in dublin which does good sushi? anyway, i find any dishes in yamamori which involve rice or tofu are incredibly stodgey. i much prefer wagamama, as the food is much lighter.

Totally agree. Been saying this forever. Yamamori is muck. Never understood what people saw in it.

went to Coppinger Row last night, VG now altogether. Lovely room, a nice menu and great staff. Nice (ugh) buzzy 'vibe' about the place. Plus you feel like you could be In Foreign, which is always good too.

Confusing portion sizes /price ratio though (some things which are priced as mains are actually large starter size), which is the only bad thing, but prices are pretty decent so you can order a bit more if you want: bill for 4 including 7 beers, bottle of wine and 2 glasses plus two courses each plus two sides of chips, plus coffees came to €131 before tip.

went to Coppinger Row last night, VG now altogether. Lovely room, a nice menu and great staff. Nice (ugh) buzzy 'vibe' about the place. Plus you feel like you could be In Foreign, which is always good too.

Confusing portion sizes /price ratio though (some things which are priced as mains are actually large starter size), which is the only bad thing, but prices are pretty decent so you can order a bit more if you want: bill for 4 including 7 beers, bottle of wine and 2 glasses plus two courses each plus two sides of chips, plus coffees came to €131 before tip.
Deadly. Where's Coppinger Row? What sort of food?

L'Olivier in Newbridge last night.

Had a lovely salad - mozzarella, proscuitto and semi sundried tomato with deadly rocket and balsamic.

Then veal with pureed carrot. Rockin. And nice sauteed potatos.

My wife had crab meat to start and beef stew main. Looked good.

tasty desserts too.

Thumbs up. Atmosphere is good - foreign vibe.

PLUS THEY PLAYED SERGE GAINSBOURG ON THE STEREO.

EN MELODY.

I was in an Italian place in Sandymount called Marios thats ace. Really, really good pizza and decent prices.

A few doors down is a place called Its a 4. Bad name and the food wasn't much better. Had to send the steak back as it was stone cold. Service is slow and the place wasnt that busy. Way overpriced too. The crowd in there were almost all over 60 and snobby lookin' like Twink. Labout TD Ruairi Quinn was sitting at the table next to me.

I was in an Italian place in Sandymount called Marios thats ace. Really, really good pizza and decent prices.

A few doors down is a place called Its a 4. Bad name and the food wasn't much better. Had to send the steak back as it was stone cold. Service is slow and the place wasnt that busy. Way overpriced too. The crowd in there were almost all over 60 and snobby lookin' like Twink. Labout TD Ruairi Quinn was sitting at the table next to me.

Agree about Its a 4, very poor choice very vegetarians, way too expensive and full of snobby assed pricks. Pluses were the desserts and our lovely waiter on the evening who was sound.

I've been rocking loads of restaurants lately. Here's a couple that were memorable.

Dadas Moroccan on South William Street is fucking amazing. The stone cold fox of a
lady who doubled as my guest had the chicken tagine with preserved lemon and
olives, I had the spicy lamb tagine and we shared a stuffed squid for starters. Quite
simply, it was the best meal I've had in Dublin. The meat was so tender you could
shred it with your dick. €45 for the starter and two mains.

M&L Sichuan on Cathedral Street, just off O'Connell Street. Authentic Sichuan food,
so expect your tongue toasted like you licked a frying pan and your mouth left numb;
as if you dipped your lollypop in Columbian marching powder. Mapo Tofu, Chicken
and peanuts covered in so many chillies the whole plate is red and Water Cooked Fish
(which is a misnomer, it's actually a bowl of chilli oil with fish and veg inside).
€35 for the lot.

I've been rocking loads of restaurants lately. Here's a couple that were memorable.

Dadas Moroccan on South William Street is fucking amazing. The stone cold fox of a
lady who doubled as my guest had the chicken tagine with preserved lemon and
olives, I had the spicy lamb tagine and we shared a stuffed squid for starters. Quite
simply, it was the best meal I've had in Dublin. The meat was so tender you could
shred it with your dick. €45 for the starter and two mains.

This isn't the Moroccan place that used to be the fry-ups and chips cafe is it? Just off Exchequer street?

Nah, that was the place that used to be the Alpha Grill back in the day, near Tower.
It's not great.
This place is newish, across from Malotis, near the quality watering hole - Break For The Border
It used to be Khyber, the fancy Indian with the hat wearing chap outside.

Nah, that was the place that used to be the Alpha Grill back in the day, near Tower.
It's not great.
This place is newish, across from Malotis, near the quality watering hole - Break For The Border
It used to be Khyber, the fancy Indian with the hat wearing chap outside.

Cool. I didn't think much of that place either. Good to hear there's another option. I do like the Moroccan food ...

went here on friday 'pon this recommendation. excellent stuff indeed.

Diwali for the first time the other night. Indian and Nepalese.
Jalfrezi was very tomato based and i enjoyed it.
Free Baileys after the meal! and a 10% off next visit card :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back