Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

tried cactus jacks for the first time this evening. always been a snob towards mexican food in Dublin, so never bothered with here before.
it was actually not too bad at all, as good as anywhere else in town. we got the early bird, and it was incredible value, starter, main and a desert, glass of wine and then tea or coffee, for 16.95. insanely cheap.
un-early bird style hefty portions too, very pleased.

L'Gueleton is starting to slip a bit. Last couple of times i've been there its been disappointing. I hope they nip it in the bud.

we ended up going here for this last week. gorgeous restaurant, great service, food TO DIE FOR - did you have the chocolate tart for dessert? i near wept.

and all for 23 blips. wonderful.

Glad you enjoyed it - I think Sinead had the chocolate tart the last time we were there. I probably had a dessert with meat in it.

we ended up going here for this last week. gorgeous restaurant, great service, food TO DIE FOR - did you have the chocolate tart for dessert? i near wept.

and all for 23 blips. wonderful.

On La La's reinforcement of MDR's recommendation I'm being taken to Les Freres Jacques for dinner tonight, really looking forward to it. Even considering passing up a slice of the chocolate cake my colleagues provided for me to save room.

I've only been to Les Frere Jacques once, but the service was completely indifferent and the food was mediocre for the prices they were charging. Early bird might be a different beast, but I'm not exactly dying to find out.

tried cactus jacks for the first time this evening. always been a snob towards mexican food in Dublin, so never bothered with here before.
it was actually not too bad at all, as good as anywhere else in town. we got the early bird, and it was incredible value, starter, main and a desert, glass of wine and then tea or coffee, for 16.95. insanely cheap.
un-early bird style hefty portions too, very pleased.

Is that the one in Tallaght? Are they a franchise? is there one in town?

I've only been to Les Frere Jacques once, but the service was completely indifferent and the food was mediocre for the prices they were charging. Early bird might be a different beast, but I'm not exactly dying to find out.

I was there on friday for the early bird and it wasnt great at all. Pretty bad prawn starter and when I ordered rump lamb for mains i got an overdone/burnt steak. I didn't have time to swap it as i was already running late. Disappointed.

I'll have to give it another go in the future given how a lot of people seem to really like the place.

Just had a beef burrito, no rice, extra guacomole from Taco Taco.
Was pretty fucking tasty.
€7 with a bottle of Coke.
Now, a lovely pint in the Ha' Penny.

Taco Taco is the best burrito in Dublin by far. 7 Euro is a hefty bit of wallet pressure though. I'd go there more often if they did sides. A burrito isn't really a enough for me and two is too much and too expensive. I made the mistake of getting chips and salsa one time. French fries and a meager bit of watery salsa. I've never felt so far from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back