Restaurant Recommendations (3 Viewers)

Louie's Bistro on Parnell Sq
Le Bon Crubeen and Talbot 101 on Talbot St

All serve reasonably-priced, good food.
I think they all have early bird or pre-theatre prices.
Thanks mate. familiar with the two on Talbot St, both very good in their own ways. Was looking for something a little fancier, my Da's paying. Sort of two courses for €25 jobby.

i'm looking to go somewhere for dinner where i can sit cross legged for roughly 70% of the evening. have at least 3 continents represented on the menu as well as it being moderately priced.

yes! thats what exactly the place i wanna go.

Yeah the Winding Stair is super. Which reminds me .. I have a voucher for it. Must spend it sometime soon ....

Do people actually go to restaurants anymore?

Went to a new place called Pichet last night with my Da. We went on the back of a glowing review in The Times. It's on Trinity St, right beside the Bankers. One of the Leon cafes used to be there.

Anyway, we got the early bird - two courses for €18 or three for €22. Yesterday, the starters were ham hock and fois gras terrine (heavy on the ham hock, less generous with the fois gras) and a mushroom risotto. Both were seriously good. Mains were cod with orzo and toulouse sausage with mash, mustard and shit. Both lovely. Deserts were great too, rhubarb crumble with a gorgeous obviously home made ice cream and a white chocolate cheese cake.

With a bottle of Chilean Sauvignon and free sour dough bread, it came to €68.

Cracking value, especially for me since my Da paid.

Recommended.

that's how I feel about it after going...I'd rather go to Wagamama's and spend a few quid less ( not that Waga's is cheap) - and not consume so much freaking salt.

Nicest restaurant meal I've had so far this year was in the Indonesian restaurant The Chameleon. Got the veggie option and it was sooooo nice. Expensive though. But yummy.

that's how I feel about it after going...I'd rather go to Wagamama's and spend a few quid less ( not that Waga's is cheap) - and not consume so much freaking salt.

Nicest restaurant meal I've had so far this year was in the Indonesian restaurant The Chameleon. Got the veggie option and it was sooooo nice. Expensive though. But yummy.

Get your bum down to Parnell St
The beef noodle soup in Charming Noodle is better than anything on the menu in those two chains.
Veggie?
They do loads of those dishes too.
Cheap as chips also.

Trust me.
I'm never wrong.

Yesterday: Chinese buffet on Abbey Street beside Twisted Pepper. All you can eat for 8.80.
Verdict: Staff unfriendly but food very, very good. ****

Today: Philipino buffet on other end of Abbey Street. All you can eat for 9.80.
Verdict: Staff very nice, food pretty bad. I ate intestines. They tasted pretty much like what you'd expect. **

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back