Restaurant Recommendations (3 Viewers)

went to Shan (?? - indian place in templebar thats open til 4am). Not bad. I've had worse indian food. Nan was shite though - like those ones you get in the supermarket that you heat yourself at home.

Carpet was stinking (surely from alcohol induced pukes during late night opening) and tvs showing Bollywood bollox.

also

had "macho nachos" in the grand canal hotel the following day and they were great. fuckin tenner but a rake of eating in them.

I went to El Bahia last week for a meal. Its a Moroccon place just around the corner from Brown Thomas, just opposite Tower Records. Unfortunately the food was really bland. A bowl of soup that tasted and looked like a packet minestrone soup with a few chickpeas thrown in. And tagine that tasted and looked like Irish stew. One to avoid.

went to la cave on sth anne st at the weekend.
the place is tiny and theres loads of drunk rich people dancing to morrocon music. the food and line wist was deadly.
had the baked goats cheese with walnut and honey to start.
fillet steak for mains.

Oh god, I was dragged there about 5 years ago with a bunch of 30 year old friends, who were all working, felt like such a skobe. Could only afford the house wine.

went to la cave on sth anne st at the weekend.
the place is tiny and theres loads of drunk rich people dancing to morrocon music. the food and line wist was deadly.
had the baked goats cheese with walnut and honey to start.
fillet steak for mains.

Should have gone there.

I was in Tenors Grill Hpuse in Donnybrook last night. I had been there in it's previous incarnation as The Courthouse, and it's been transformed into a much friendlier environment. The red and navy decor makes the place look a bit like a British Ferry liner, but it's comfortable and has very spacious seating arrangemnts. The menu prices are fixed at €5 for a starter and €10 for a main so if nothing else it's great value. I had the duck springrolls, which wasn't a great start to be honest. Stingy filling and too greasy, served with a dipping sauce that was far too vinegary. A generous portion of mussles would have been a better option. I ordered the sirloin steak (which is the only differently priced main at €18) and was pleasantly surprised at the difference in quality. It was melt in the mouth delicious, and served with a really nice peppercorn sauce. Other peeps had the beef and guinness stew and that was equally good. The sides of buttered veg and gratan potatoes rounded off a very nice and affordable meal. Just don't bother with the spring rolls.

the alamo in templebar. had the burrito. very average.

whats the mexican place on georges st like?

Burritos in the Epicurean Market place are awesome.

bastard...i saw this place only two weeks ago and was telling herself we should go there for mexican instead. will check it out asap!

Indeed to both. Well a relatively large group, ten or so, and yup, Dublin as close to the city centre as possible. Also Veggie friendly!

Indeed to both. Well a relatively large group, ten or so, and yup, Dublin as close to the city centre as possible. Also Veggie friendly!
Ten is a grand number, in that most places should be able to accommodate you with a little bit of advanced booking.

Price range? For the moment, I'll assume you're working on what I'd call the reasonably priced treat area (where mains cost between 20-35) and when you say vegetarian friendly, you mean not hostile to vegetarians (ie they serve meat and the vegetarian option isn't just a lazy after thought).

Consider:
Winding Stair
Mermaid
Eden
Merrion Hotel

You guess right on all accoutns Wobbler, thank you, I'll definitely be looking into all of those.

Check the veggie options before committing of course. I'm assuming because they're decent places they should treat veggies with respect, but my sister tells me that you can be surprised in all sorts of places.

Oh...also check out special offers in fancier places. Chapter 1 do a great value early bird. L'Ecrivain do some sort of deal too, though I've never eaten there.

If you're North side, Bon Apetit in Malahide is good and I think do some good value deals too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back