Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Anyone going to Clare/Ennis/Burren try Gallagher's in Bunratty. Not touristy at all. They do three course + coffee + half bottle of wine for €30. Lovely seafood. I have prawns and then swordfish. Yumm. Lovely guinness there too, although all beer on holidays tastes good to me.

hugely over-rated. sushi is generally limp and tasteless, but was better than the sushi in aya, which was watery to taste and massively expensive. haven't tried the new sushi place which took over... anyone been in there?

Went to that Yo Sushi! place for lunch the other day, not very impressed, although
I'm veggie so might have been missing out on all the good stuff, they
didn't have all half the veggie stuff that was on the menu available of the
belt. so only options were crispy tofu thing which was mank, then sushi mixed plate of
with avocado, cucumber, and something else, flavourless. all in all wouldn't
be arsed going back everything v. bland or weird texture or too greasy.

went to chapter one last night for slightly belated special birthday dinner. can report that the food is yummy.

i had:
- lobster, potato, and broad bean salad
- roast rabbit, mash, carrots, and a TINY RABBIT SHEPHERDS PIE in a little dish (om nyom nyom)
- white chocolate and bergamot mousse with homemade lemon jelly and icecream

not cheap but the food is extremely good, service great, nice room. final bill helped by the fact that i am pregnant and could only have one glass of wine. :(

Congrats Minka.

On a separate note, we go to the House in Howth regularly. It's like a suburban Gruel, only with more fish on the menu. They do dinner for a tenner midweek. Lovely for brunch/late brekkie. Very family friendly too. Worth the trip out on the DART (or ten minute drive in our case). It's just at the crossroads in Howth village.

Just back fcrom lunch with my Da. We went to a newish place called La Maison (formerly La Maison Des Gourmets) on Castle Mareket, just outside Georges St Arcade. Lovely. We split a platter containing excellent ham, olives and melon for starters. Everything was really good quality. Mains consisted of a seabass and ratoutie pie and a seafood platter. All excellent. House wine was a decent Loire Sauvignon. Mains were about 15-18 and the platter came to €11 for the two of us.

Highly recommended.

Went to Monty's of Kathmandu, which was very very nice. Looking forward to trying more stuff in there! Got the Nepalese curry, potatoes with cumin (v spicy) and chickpeas in, er, some sauce. And the parantha was yummy.

Agreed!
I think I might have recommended Monty's to ye. I'm going to claim credit for it regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back