What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

I hadn't seen Sons of Kemet before, but i thought they were terrific; I certainlly didn't notice any fatigue. They had sound issues to begin with and they seemed unhappy but they settled down and I think got into their groove eventually.
The venue was terrible and the loud constant chat from gig wankers didn't help either.

Yeah, shite venue.
Could be greatly improved

I went to King Gizzard a few weeks back and this first time on Thumped since.
They were really good but I wan't blown away by them. I think I was so hyped up for the gig that it was pretty much impossible to live up to expectations. Thought the sound was great. I think i would have enjoyed it more if I was standing. 1 thing that struck me was the lack of camera phones at it. People seemed to be enjoying it in real time.

Mild High Club were a bit rubbish.

The Number Ones on Saturday night in London. It was perfect. 30 minute (or just over it) headline set, all the hits plus a Buzzcocks cover and one really good support band in Sauna Youth. My joy was probably amplified just a small bit because I hadn't been to a gig in ages.

Secret Sisters in Whelans, and most enjoyable it was - possibly the quietest crowd I've ever seen in Whelans (probably due to the fact that the average age was about 65). Stunning harmonies, and they were great fun too.

Knower in The Sugar Club. If I hadn't seen them kick ass last December I'd just say it was brilliant, wow etc. However, because I did see them kick ass last December I can tell you they seemed fairly tour-tired last night. Still though, unreal.

Knower in The Sugar Club. If I hadn't seen them kick ass last December I'd just say it was brilliant, wow etc. However, because I did see them kick ass last December I can tell you they seemed fairly tour-tired last night. Still though, unreal.
I had tickets for that and totally forgot about it until I read this message,, d'oh.

Belle and Sebastian in vicar st. Really good fun. Raging now I didn't go on monday as well. They repeated that thing they did with the ambassador shows about 10 years ago by playing 2 completely different sets on consecutive nights. Still, if I was picking, I'd have gone to last night's.

Belle and Sebastian in vicar st. Really good fun. Raging now I didn't go on monday as well. They repeated that thing they did with the ambassador shows about 10 years ago by playing 2 completely different sets on consecutive nights. Still, if I was picking, I'd have gone to last night's.

Yes, I went too last night. It was great, I enjoyed it alot.

I'd have went both nights too if I had realised they'd do two different show. That was a great Venn diagram

I was at that. I though they were pretty good. Really like their most recent record though, and the singer's solo stuff is decent. There's a song called Angels off of b-sides that's really great.
Yep i enjoyed it too; didn't expect them to be a 3 piece (lead guitarist is off doing solo stuff) but they were great. Quality songs. I didn't know she had solo stuff out?

Saw Marillion last night in the Ulster Hall. This was a pretty incredible gig. I haven't seen them in a long time and they have upped their game in almost every way. Absolutely perfect sound, Steve Hogarth is singing better then ever, really impressive. The set list seem tailored to this small seated tour, mellower songs. Wonderful. I'll admit I almost lost it on a couple of occasions, but then I've been on an emotional hair trigger for a few years now. Looking forward to Dublin tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back