What gig did you go to last night? (6 Viewers)

Went to Arcade Fire on Friday, something like my 18th time seeing them. Tremendous, loads of old stuff including a couple of things I probably haven't seen them play in a decade

I was at this too. First time seeing them. My brother offered me the ticket the day before, I didn't even realise they were playing. They were savage. I haven't really listened to them that much over the last few years so I was really pleasantly surprised. The stuff from Funeral sounded amazing. They put on some show. The boxing ring idea was pretty cool.

Marillion in vicar st. Big difference to the Belfast gig. The vibe in dublin was better, cosy, warm, nice bass. But Steve Hogarth was pissed tonight not nearly in as good a voice. and the band were a bit ragged. People I spoke to preferred them in dublin saying that Belfast felt like a tight rehearsal. I disagreed. This is the problem with seeing two nights in a row. The comparisons.

NYC gigs

Yo La Tengo - First set was very mellow. Really good, but I was too tired to stick around for the second half as I'd just flown in, they played a full second set and encore.

Superchunk - amazing. Looks like it was the first time they played Low F on this tour. Also got Driveway, Like a Fool and Water Wings. Very exciting seeing their old beat up guitars on stage before they came out.

The Unthanks (plus orchestra) in the Abbey last night. Lovely stuff altogether, although I could have picked better seats. And the trumpet was a bit overpowering for the first couple of songs. Hadn't been there in years. They're on again there tonight.

The Unthanks (plus orchestra) in the Abbey last night. Lovely stuff altogether, although I could have picked better seats. And the trumpet was a bit overpowering for the first couple of songs. Hadn't been there in years. They're on again there tonight.

Didn't even realise they were playing. Saw them twice in the space of a few months a few years back and they played 2 completely different sets. Both gigs were absolutely savage, completely blew me away.

Didn't even realise they were playing. Saw them twice in the space of a few months a few years back and they played 2 completely different sets. Both gigs were absolutely savage, completely blew me away.

Yeah, they only announced them at pretty short notice, a couple of weeks ago, I think. By the sounds of it there are plenty of tickets available tonight.

went to see Juanita Stein in the East Side Tavern last night. About 25 people there, half of whom were friends of the support act (who was terrible).

Some of the stuff she's doing at the moment is among my favourite of anything anyone is doing now. I don't get why she isn't getting more traction.

She was supporting Bryan Ferry here the other night and wanted to slot in a gig of her own while here. She didn't seem to give a shit the crowd was so small and looked to really enjoy herself.

And, with another new album in a month or so, I'm sure she'll be back again soon enough. Great stuff.

Went to see Marc Maron last night in Vicar St. The first half was great, really tight, confident and funny. The second half got a bit messy. He started doing some of the same material he did last time he was here (which I totally get that comedians are "allowed" to do) and there was a really fucking annoying person in the front row who thought Marc was her friend and she could talk to constantly. Marc gave her too much attention I thought.
On a personal level. We had seats upstairs a few rows back on the right and there was a smell of puke and feet plus in the direct line between my eyes and Maron was the woman in front of me's big, head so I spent the entire night leaning to the side.
Anyway, good gig, glad we went. The support guy was pretty funny too.

Went to see Marc Maron last night in Vicar St. The first half was great, really tight, confident and funny. The second half got a bit messy. He started doing some of the same material he did last time he was here (which I totally get that comedians are "allowed" to do) and there was a really fucking annoying person in the front row who thought Marc was her friend and she could talk to constantly. Marc gave her too much attention I thought.
On a personal level. We had seats upstairs a few rows back on the right and there was a smell of puke and feet plus in the direct line between my eyes and Maron was the woman in front of me's big, head so I spent the entire night leaning to the side.
Anyway, good gig, glad we went. The support guy was pretty funny too.

Snap, was there too. Thought the first half was great too. Seemed like he gambled on trying to riff off the hecklers later on but it didn't really go anywhere, apart from the fuck Bono bit.

Also the pedant in me found it very hard not to shout out "it's the BOOK (singular) of KellS" but as i am a chickenshit I held myself back

in the direct line between my eyes and Maron was the woman in front of me's big, head so I spent the entire night leaning to the side.

This is not related to a gig I went to last night but I remember going to see a Woman of No Importance in the Gate a few years ago. I was in the SECOND row and the guy in front of me had the most ginormous head in the world and blocked most of my view of the stage.

SECOND fucking row.

Didn't think I would,but made it in to see the Obsessed. Moved from Voodoo to On The Rocks. For the better as not a great crowd.
Ridiculously heavy,but unlike a lot of heavy bands,they have the tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back