What did you make last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 135
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 7
I am a lover of the mushroom flavour but not the mushroom texture, made a basic risotto and threw lots of smoked tofu bits through about 10-15 mins before it was done and it was yummy. got a mushroomy type flavour going on without the horrible bits!

I am a lover of the mushroom flavour but not the mushroom texture, made a basic risotto and threw lots of smoked tofu bits through about 10-15 mins before it was done and it was yummy. got a mushroomy type flavour going on without the horrible bits!

Oh Sarah, when will you ever learn? Mushrooms are simply the BEST!

I just made awesomely tasty spicey bean burgers n chips.

Oh Sarah, when will you ever learn? Mushrooms are simply the BEST!

I just made awesomely tasty spicey bean burgers n chips.

take your index finger and thumb
- bring in a gently pinching motion to tip of nose
-gently squeez etip of nose with said fingers
-note the texture: soft with a bit of resistence.
-contemplate this when next biting into a mushroom.

Nothing you say will EVER make me feel anything but unadulterated love for mushrooms.

Tonight, I made a chorizo* and chickpea stew. Tons of chilli, garlic, dark spices, baby potatoes and finely chopped red onion and red pepper in a tomato broth. By gumbo it was nice.

*Lindo Macs fa life

Cumin,Corriander Seeds,Pepper,Fennel - toasted on a frying pan.
Took them off when toasty and set aside
Rubber over a breast of chicken
Put the chicken on the frying pan
Lots of Garlic
When the chicken was nearly done threw on a can of chockpeas and a pot of yhogurt (with some cornflour to stabilise the yhogurt)
Added some chilli powder
Served on some rice.

Quite nice.

i made my first ever quiche.

with broccoli, mushrooms, cherry tomats, oregano and some cayenne pepper for the buzz

i made my first ever quiche.

with broccoli, mushrooms, cherry tomats, oregano and some cayenne pepper for the buzz

Sounds nice. My favourite quiche recipe contains tinned red salmon, petit pois and sauteed onions.

Edit: I just know you're going to tell me that there are many things wrong with that.

Sounds nice. My favourite quiche recipe contains tinned red salmon, petit pois and sauteed onions.

Edit: I just know you're going to tell me that there are many things wrong with that.

Speakin of tinned fish -have tinned anchovies been made illegal without my knowledge? I can never find them in shops anymore. And yet they always hve those repulsive tinned mackerel fillets and tinned herring (who buys those?)!

Speakin of tinned fish -have tinned anchovies been made illegal without my knowledge? I can never find them in shops anymore. And yet they always hve those repulsive tinned mackerel fillets and tinned herring (who buys those?)!

i hope not, i use them in loads of things. dunnes normally have the john west ones, or you can get slightly swankier ones in fallon et posheaux/fresh/listons et al.

anchovies in puttanesca sauce (aka "ho pasta") ... anchovies in potato salad dressing ...

(though weirdly, i hate the texture, so i never eat them whole - just mushed up in sauces)

i hope not, i use them in loads of things. dunnes normally have the john west ones, or you can get slightly swankier ones in fallon et posheaux/fresh/listons et al.

anchovies in puttanesca sauce (aka "ho pasta") ... anchovies in potato salad dressing ...

(though weirdly, i hate the texture, so i never eat them whole - just mushed up in sauces)

You'd love Anchioade Toasts so

Mush up half a tin of anchovies, couple of cloves of garlic and some tomato puree well in a pestle and mortar - loosen the resulting gloop with some orange juice spread thickly on slices of toasted bageutte.

Thai Green Curry with chicken, shrimp and veg.

362711b.jpg
+
361630b.jpg
+ those other things

scramble egg. a minute =before its ready throw in some boiled rice, a little lemon juice, some soy sauce, chives and salt the rice mixes into the egg badly and fuck with the lemon esp its beautifull

I got the urge to do some breadmaking on Sat night. Fucking yeast I had was dead and had to get some more which was a bit of a pain.

Did two batches with a pound of flour each.

I normally hand knead it but I used the dough hook in the food processor. Much easier and no major difference in quality - I'm definately not going back to hand kneading.

I had some kind of a dip made up from sun dried tomatoes and chipotle peppers which I threw into one batch of dough. I had the rind of a lock of parmisean I grated during the week - I threw that into the second.

The chilli one was nice. I was surprised it rose quicker than the parmisean one I figured the chilli would inhibit the yeast a bit. On balace though the parmisean one is nicer.

They both got 2 pretty long provings and you can tell from the finished loaves - nice complicated yeasty taste and slightly chewy.

Something along the lines of this should make 3:
500g strong flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
300ml lukewarm water
7/8 g yeast (or one of those packets for bread machines)

Mix that & leave for 20 mins, come back and chop it into 3, roll them out as far as they'll go & make the knot type shape, put 4 teaspoons baking soda in to a litre of boiling water, put each one into that for 30 seconds.
Put salt on top (sea salt for grinders is good, decent size, not too big.)
Leave under a tea towel for 20 mins.

25 mins in oven at 225 C.

Something along the lines of this should make 3:
500g strong flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
300ml lukewarm water
7/8 g yeast (or one of those packets for bread machines)

Mix that & leave for 20 mins, come back and chop it into 3, roll them out as far as they'll go & make the knot type shape, put 4 teaspoons baking soda in to a litre of boiling water, put each one into that for 30 seconds.
Put salt on top (sea salt for grinders is good, decent size, not too big.)
Leave under a tea towel for 20 mins.

25 mins in oven at 225 C.

yum thanks will try that in the near future!

yesterday I had a very nice parsnip and leek gratin with a kinda white wine mustardy sauce, as a side to quorn garlic and herb fillets. was yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back