What is wrong with you people? (1 Viewer)

pighead

Farce. An absolute farce. You lot consider yourselves to be at the cutting edge of all things cool and attuned to the zeitgeist yeah? So how come there has not been a single mention of the greatest musical story of the year?

There is a thread on some band called Youth Lagoon (most probably a complete bunch of wankers) yet not a dicky bird about one of the finest bands of the last twenty years. It's actually sickening.

Fuck Bowie, Suede's 'Bloodsports' is the best comeback album you'll hear this year. Actually scratch that it's the best album you'll hear. Pighead finds it hard to believe that not one of you music nerds hasn't given it a spin, been amazed before frantically firing up your laptops to tell the world of thumped what a triumph it is. It's actually quite offensive. Every other thumped forum in the world is right now singing the praises of Brett and the boys defying the odds while you fuckers are sitting at home scratching your nadsacks banging on about those Youth Lagoon arseholes.

'Sometimes I feel I'll float away' is most definitely the best song you'll hear all year yet you can't be arsed to start a scabby thread to show a bit of appreciation. Unreal. To put this comeback in context, ten years ago this band were dead. A stinking rotten corpse ready to be cremated. Dead ducks. Four glorious albums left behind but no more. The ball was burst, game was over..........

And then they go and release this masterpiece. Like a 50 year old winning the Olympic gold medal for the hundred metres Shouldn't be happening. Some sort of voodoo going on here. Amazingly tuneful, beautiful voodoo. What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you not believe in magic?

He still has great hair.
Would have to agree with you Jillser. Pighead had the privilege of meeting the great man in Belfast in the early part of this century and he can confirm that it looks just as lovely in real life. Smells great too. Like a lovely hot mug of vegetable soup.

Anyway we're drifting off the topic here slightly. 'It starts and ends with you'. Surely a shoe in for 'Best single of the year worldwide of every single single releases 2013'. A song with three chorus's*. Ingenious.

* What the fuck is the plural for chorus?

Must check out this record (if it's as good as you say what it is). Used to be a huge Suede fan back in the brit pop days.

Funnily enough, I spotted this on the Indo website this morning: (Robbie) Williams launches tirade at Suede I'm impressed with his knowledge of failed brit indie bands from the 90's:

Robbie Williams said:
The Angels singer dismissed the Suede star's suggestion that label budgets were tight in those days. "I think not - any quarter-decent three-chord k***heads could and did get a deal in the 90s," he said.

"I won't name names cos it would be unfair on Echobelly, Shed 7, Symposium, Menswear, Sleeper, Hurricane Number 1, Ride, The Bluetones (apart from that one song), Ocean Colour Scene (apart from that one song...hang on, nah, not even that song), Northern Uproar, Chapterhouse, Curve, Salad, Adorable, Cud, Spacehog, Kula Shaker, The Audience, Powder, Kingmaker, Geneva (sub-Suede - can you imagine?). Should I go on? Cos I can and they sure did."

Farce. An absolute farce. You lot consider yourselves to be at the cutting edge of all things cool and attuned to the zeitgeist yeah? So how come there has not been a single mention of the greatest musical story of the year?

Eh...where have you been? Nobody discusses music here any more. People are either hanging out on Facebook or talking on Thumped about beards, people they have a horn for and funny things their kids say.

Must check out this record (if it's as good as you say what it is). Used to be a huge Suede fan back in the brit pop days.

Funnily enough, I spotted this on the Indo website this morning: (Robbie) Williams launches tirade at Suede I'm impressed with his knowledge of failed brit indie bands from the 90's:
It was a bit of a rubbish 'tirade' in fairness. He followed it up with this message after realising the error of his ways. Nobody can escape the magic of Bloodsports. Suede should sign up Robbie to be their PR guy.

ON CLOSER INSPECTION RE MY LAST BLOG
IT WOULD APPEAR THAT I'VE GONE OFF ON TANGENT NOT ENTIRELY
CREATED BY MR BRETT ANDERSON OF POP COMBO SUEDE

IT WON'T BE THE LAST TIME THAT THIS HAPPENS
AND IT FELT GOOD TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST

THANK YOU BRETT… SUEDE'S NEW ALBUM BLOODSPORTS OUT NOW ….
IT'S GOOD TOO…

X

The Angels singer dismissed the Suede star's suggestion that label budgets were tight in those days. "I think not - any quarter-decent three-chord k***heads could and did get a deal in the 90s," he said.

"I won't name names cos it would be unfair on Echobelly, Shed 7, Symposium, Menswear, Sleeper, Hurricane Number 1, Ride, The Bluetones (apart from that one song), Ocean Colour Scene (apart from that one song...hang on, nah, not even that song), Northern Uproar, Chapterhouse, Curve, Salad, Adorable, Cud, Spacehog, Kula Shaker, The Audience, Powder, Kingmaker, Geneva (sub-Suede - can you imagine?). Should I go on? Cos I can and they sure did."

Still he's totally right about most of those bands especially Hurricane #1

Still he's totally right about most of those bands especially Hurricane #1
Most of them were pants alright. Have to take exception with the mention of Shed Seven however. Vastly underrated band. Have been unfairly ridiculed over the years. It's been quite upsetting reading their negative press actually.

Anyway back on topic Suede's album is number 7 in the midweek charts. Deserved better.

Are Chapterhouse not supposed to be a decent shoegaze band? I don't recall ever hearing anything by them (maybe that's saying something in itself, though...)

Ride, too, no?

The last five bands he mentioned were woefully bad. I quite liked Northern Uproar, I must admit.

Ah some of them were good. Echobelly had some great tunes, most of them banged out a couple of decent singles. Shed Seven were great, as pighead notes, unfairly ridiculed by many.

i still like sleeper, the 2nd album anyway. elvis costello covered a song of there's once! so, think on.

ride had at least one good song, this is it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

stick that in a popical island record and you're laughing.

never did like suede im afraid pighead.

There is a thread on some band called Youth Lagoon (most probably a complete bunch of wankers) yet not a dicky bird about one of the finest bands of the last twenty years. It's actually sickening.

Fuck Bowie, Suede's 'Bloodsports' is the best comeback album you'll hear this year. Actually scratch that it's the best album you'll hear. Pighead finds it hard to believe that not one of you music nerds hasn't given it a spin, been amazed before frantically firing up your laptops to tell the world of thumped what a triumph it is. It's actually quite offensive. Every other thumped forum in the world is right now singing the praises of Brett and the boys defying the odds while you fuckers are sitting at home scratching your nadsacks banging on about those Youth Lagoon arseholes.

'Sometimes I feel I'll float away' is most definitely the best song you'll hear all year yet you can't be arsed to start a scabby thread to show a bit of appreciation. Unreal. To put this comeback in context, ten years ago this band were dead. A stinking rotten corpse ready to be cremated. Dead ducks. Four glorious albums left behind but no more. The ball was burst, game was over..........

And then they go and release this masterpiece. Like a 50 year old winning the Olympic gold medal for the hundred metres Shouldn't be happening. Some sort of voodoo going on here. Amazingly tuneful, beautiful voodoo. What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you not believe in magic?

Farce. An absolute farce. You consider yourself a Suede fan AND FAIL TO MENTION OR PASS ANY COMMENTARY WHATSOEVER about the shitstorm created by the multiple deluxe formats i.e. this

Only one good Ride song?

Still one of my favourite bands, those first three eps are still amazing. Going Blank Again till gets played all the time in my gaff. Admitedly Carnival of Light and Tarantula weren't the best but those first couple of records rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back