What did you make last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 135
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 7
that does sound nice, might do that tonight, have all the ingredients.
was just gonna roast everything, as in roast the butternut squash, half the the tomatoes sprinkle with roughly chopped garlic and chilli and some olive oil and roast, when cooked chop the tomatoes into a rough relish.
but i think i'll do this curry. cheers

I felt i must revive this thread cos i was chuffed with my dinner last night and i think im only deadly now.

I made a Butternut Squash & Spinach, Tomatoe-y curry yoke

One Butter Squash cubed
Bag o spinach
Tin of tomatoes
3 tomatoes (quartered)
veg stock
Garam Masala (1tsp)
2 onions
2 Garlic cloves, chopped.
Cardamon pods (6, crushed)
Coriander powder (1tsp)
Black mustard seeds (1tsp)
Curry leaves (5)

Fry your mustard seeds in a generous amount of olive oil in the pot. Once they start popping like good things (hehehehe pop pop!) then add your onion, garlic, coriander and cardamon. Fry that shit for 2 minutes or so. Add your pieces of butternut squash and tin of tomatoes. Cook for a further 5-8 mins. Then add your cup of veg stock, curry leaves and garam masala. Let that shit cook on a low heat for half hour until the butternut squash is nice n tender. Finally, add your spinach and quartered tomatoes. Stir in until the spinach is wilted. Serve, in the nude, with brown rice.

Oh yeah.

ooh, that sounds yum.

i made smoked haddock chowder (all quantities slightly random): fry up chopped onion, potatoes, and carrots until onion is soft, throw in a couple of teaspoons of flour and fry for a bit, then add stock and cook til the veg is tender. throw in chopped smoked haddock and cook for another five minutes. you can chuck in parsley if you have any (i didn't). super easy and really tasty.

steak sandwich with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce , worcester sauce and cornflour with garlic and asparagus.

Not that novel, but i'm reclining deliciously in it now so it's worth the post.

Cincinnati Chili 3 Way Style

2 lbs. ground chuck
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 quart water
2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1 bay leaf, crumbled
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
4 drops of Tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons paprika
2 beef bouillon cubes

Bring the water to the boil and add the ground beef. Stir until the beef is separated and add the rest of the ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until thickened. Cool, then refrigerate overnight. Skim off any accumulated fat and reheat the chili. Serves 6-8, with any or all of the following accompaniments: cooked spaghetti, finely grated cheddar cheese, chopped raw onion, cooked kidney beans, -- and oyster crackers on the side.

Couldn't get any oyster crackers. I also added a Tablespoon of maple syrup and skimmed the fat when it had boiled. Be careful with the cinnamon and the allspice. A little goes a long way. Didn't go for the kidney beans or onions. Thats 4 way or 5 way. I'm all about the 3 way.

A coronary in a bowl, but worth it. Is also nice with a dollup of sour cream on top of the grated cheese.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.skylinechili.com/signature.php

leftover pea and mint soup from sunday, followed by:

ROASTED FENNEL PASTA (for two)

get a roasting tin/pyrex dish, and throw in:

1 fennel bulb, stalky bits cut off and thinly sliced
zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 squished garlic clove
1 tablespoon capers
1 finely chopped chilli
6 tablespoons olive oil (it seems like a lot, but it works, really)
salt and pepper

stir it all up so the veg is coated with oil, then cover the tin with foil and put in a hot oven (about 200) for twenty minutes. take the foil off and cook for another ten minutes until everything is golden.

meanwhile, cook some pasta (linguine is nice). when that's done, combine the fennel mixture with the pasta, some chopped parsley, and some grated parmesan. add more lemon juice or oil to taste. devour.

egg fried rice with black bean sauce. and a beer that was potentially south. headache central.

Roast chicken, tiny baby potatoes all buttery and yum, tenderstem broccoli.

I :heart::heart::heart::heart: roast chicken, so easy and so comforting and homey and delicious...

I roasted a load of veg; peppers, carrots, courgette, mushrooms, potato and sweet potato (with some herbs/spices/olive oil and drowned it in onion/garlic gravy. Easy and really good.

There would've been butternut squash too but the veg shop didn't have any today.

Tonight I made a spinach and tofu pasta bake. It was awesome. I convinced the tofu to act like ricotta cheese, and convinced the cheezly to act like cheddar or mozzarella or whatever, and everything was yummy.

Sounds good, wanna explain the tofu into ricotta? Did you put breadcrumbs on top?

I love pasta bakes.

I just mashed some firm tofu up real good with some hazelnut oil and salt. Simple but effective so it was.

It was intended to be a cannelloni or other big pasta shell dish and the poxy supermarket only had small pasta (diminishing selections of pasta in supermarkets is beginning to irritate me) so I ended up kind of improvising. No breadcrumbs. I completely forgot. They're so good on top, all crispy and gorgeous.

I just mashed some firm tofu up real good with some hazelnut oil and salt. Simple but effective so it was.

It was intended to be a cannelloni or other big pasta shell dish and the poxy supermarket only had small pasta (diminishing selections of pasta in supermarkets is beginning to irritate me) so I ended up kind of improvising. No breadcrumbs. I completely forgot. They're so good on top, all crispy and gorgeous.

Cool I'll give that ago so. Cheese or vegan stuff mixed up with the bread crumbs is also very good.

We need a sarcastic bellisimo hand kissing smilie for the food board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back