What did you make last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 135
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 7
Deafdude if you're vegan and you can't cook you should get a copy of this
3971_bookpage.jpg

Really deadly and easy to follow recipes with stupidly obscure metal references and awesome drawings. I've seen someone who's mega kitchen shy make the awesomest meal using only that book.

Aww that kicks the bejaysus out of the one I got for ya. Must try harder!

I made Chickpea and Chorizo Stew last night. Dead cheap and very warming on a nasty evening.

1 chorizo sausage (I only used half of it)
1 tin of boiled chickpeas
1 medium sized onion
2 small potatoes, cubed
1 tin of plum tomatos
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of paprika
mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
tomato puree
lemon juice
freshly chopped parsley to garnish

Sauté the chopped onion and garlic with salt and pepper and a pinch of mustard seeds until the onion is translucent. Whilst doing this steam your cubes of potato. Cut your chorizo into coins and add them to the pan. Cook on a low heat until they start to brown. Blend your tomatoes and pour over the contents of the pan. Add some puree, a splash of lemon juice and the paprika and chili powder and simmer for about 5 mins.

Rinse your chickpeas in a colander. When the potatoes begin to soften, add them and the chickpeas to the mix. Add some water if the consistency has gotten too thick. Leave to simmer for another 15-20 mins.

Serve and garnish with parsley.

This is a fairly hearty dish by itself, but if you need more or want to serve a few people it works well with rice or soft bread.

I had a wee little roast phesant last night. It was bought in the supermarket on a whim and TBH wasn't the greatest. Not nearly gamey enough but still a nice change.

Did some roast potato jobs dusted with semolina and corasely ground fennel seed for some crispy action.

I'm going to make fresh pesto pasta tonight.

hee, i made that last night. largely because i'd accidentally defrosted a tub of home-made pesto the day before (took it out of the freezer to get at the peas, never put it back in).

I made some kinda morocan style thing with chickpeas, veg, tinned tomatoes and cous cous. It was yummy.

baked tomatoes stuffed with olives, capers, tuna, parsley and roasted peppers; roasted parsnips and carrots with a bit of cumin. yum.

also i'm sure you could totally vegetarify the tomato recipe and do it without the tuna (maybe replace with breadcrumbs? or couscous? or chickpeas?), as tbh it mostly tasted of the other ingredients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back