Water Charges (1 Viewer)

Billy Kelleher was good on SO'R on this earlier, he couldn't actually discuss the details of the case, instead his call was for the Dail to reconvene to assert its parliamentary privilege. DO'B had a representative on afterwards, his argument seemed to consist of attacking opponents then asserting the individuals right to privacy in their financial affairs. Which is of course correct, however, if the individual is using their clout to gain financial advantage at the expense of the tax-payer its a rather different case.
The timing of this is rather unfortunate, bank holiday weekend and the Dail breaking for just under two weeks, I fear it will all just blow over.

Even Lucinda is giving out

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

looks like that's what they're -- a-ha-ha -- banking on

Government will not recall Dáil to discuss O’Brien injunction

There's a surprise. I (maybe in a fit of paranoia) assume they pushed Murphy back as far as they could in order to minimise the attention the topic would recieve, thankfully that attempt has foundered.
In good news, RTE are off to the high court on Tuesday to find out exactly how far the previously granted injunction goes. A finding in DO'Bs favour would be a disaster for press freedom and Dail privilege itself. There seems to be only two previous similar cases, one of which found that Dail privilege only applies within the Dail while the other found it also applies to press coverage of Dail privilege. Fingers and toes crossed.

for fuck's sake

i missed nearly all of morrissey, then firefox crashed during catherine murphy and then the laptop switched off during the next lad at 40% battery for some reason

and now it's FIFA

I had a good friend who now lives abroad ranting about the "stupid bitch Murphy", and "how dare she do what she is doing" and how Ireland needs to tell all the lefties and liberals to shut their mouths. I wonder if he is keeping track of these unfolding events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back