Water Charges (2 Viewers)

Massive crowd. Great use of speakers and large screens along the route and at the meeting point, provided by the Mandate trade union. Some genuinly stirring speeches. Some old lad started talking to me about some depression era Irish boxer and wondered how come there are no Jewish boxers.

Have to say after the positivity of the March and speeches on Saturday, the lack of or misleading news coverage is depressing. The Sunday Times had a postage stamp sized mention on the back page. The independent played down the numbers and basically called it a spent force. The online comments that are buying this just make me despair.

Have to say after the positivity of the March and speeches on Saturday, the lack of or misleading news coverage is depressing. The Sunday Times had a postage stamp sized mention on the back page. The independent played down the numbers and basically called it a spent force. The online comments that are buying this just make me despair.

Feeling better after the kicking the government have taken? Maybe the anger over water charges didn't really go away as I was saying last year.

I can't be happy when Fianna Fáil have been welcomed back into the fold with open arms. FG may have taken a kicking but the status quo has been maintained.

I think all the money that has been paid so far should go to the Irish Water employees who are going to lose their jobs.

Oh wait..that's where it was destined anyway.

It was more than the rights and wrong of it, for me
It was the tone deaf "It's only a few fucking pennies why are you moaning?" attitude involved in telling people after everything else that happened, there was now a tax on their kid taking a shit.
And they never even committed to not privatising it.
It was spectacularly badly handled.

I really haven't too much of an ideological issue with a water charge.

Issue for me was giving the cunts something that they would inevitably privatise.

(though these days everything is privatised anyway - you leave the shell of a public service in place which then contract out all the actual work - a horrible way to run a society)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back