• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He just needs Nevada and Michigan now if this is correct.

I know the American population has expanded by millions since 2008, and the popular vote isn't much of a thing, but it's still mad that both candidates have already received more votes than Obama got in 2008. In 2016 Trump got less votes than Romney did when he lost in 2012.

According to The Guardian Biden has received more votes than any candidate ever.

I don't know if there's a very specific local reason for this result but worth noting

By that I presume you mean “spouted a load of bullshit and ignored the question that was actually put to him”?

bN0k2ptlZ5r9fzBkREMmIbQQi48uuEB7GFfaA02pYa8HsWfZPo43OUaZsMf5L4ELEBGcBcX9C2wics2auxc5Q8GR8407x2WHtlGKtjmch-6NvfAtVcRBMIMkSdXUqxY18IskSG-pi4eN_B4KdA

Your man, the Trump supporter, on drivetime said that a coup is when you send in the military to seize power but I guess that's a military coup as opposed to whatever other type of coups there are. He didn't cut the legs from under anyone

That graphic thing I posted has disappeared and I’ve forgotten what winning Wisconsin means? He just needs Pennsylvania now or else Michigan and somewhere else?

There will be a recount in Wisconsin I think though ..

Also, I’m confused about Arizona. Guardian says Biden won it this morning but BBC were flipping around to show different scenarios about an hour ago.

Also, I’m confused about Arizona. Guardian says Biden won it this morning but BBC were flipping around to show different scenarios about an hour ago.
Apparently some places have retracted their Arizona prediction

@flashback interesting, what do you think of this argument against that:

The Republicans are incredibly weak, their voter ceiling is very low and lowering every year. They are clearly unable to win an election without massive voter disenfranchisement, verging on straight up fraud. They're already collapsing with actual Republican Presidents openly voting for the other team and huge swathes of them spending millions trying to get the Democrats to win. If Trump loses all hell will break loose, they will fall apart and have to rebuild with a new coalition, probably one with the Latino vote (largely abandoned by the Democrats) and conservative leaning African Americans, and yeah, working class Americans in general.

The Dems may win, they may lose, but they will absolutely not move away from their model of appealing to the interests of the wealthy and educated, trying to peel off moderate Republicans, and telling anyone to the left of Nixon that there's nothing here for you. I've seen a lot of chatter about how every person of color in California is fuming about Kamala Harris, who is hated by anyone there who isn't rich, and especially POC. Could of course just be chatter.

edit: of course it might actually just be an argument in agreement with what you said.

Sorry, had to think about this for a bit.

I think I don't agree with this idea that the GOP are weak, and getting weaker over time. (Unfortunately.)

I think what's happened in the last... say 4(?) years is the outing / formalizing of the GOP as an authoritarian party. Trump could not have been much clearer with his Strong Man / Far right / Fascist brand. Previously the GOP have done dog whistle stuff, both for race and fascist ideologies. But Trump just cut through the bullshit, and openly said all these things, when his supporters loved him for "saying it like it is", they were right.

So that's what was put on offer yesterday:
Authoritarianism vrs Right of Center / Centrist Conservatism / others.

Roughly half of the voters picked Authoritarianism, and roughly half picked... well, I'd argue "Not Authoritarianism", more than anything else.

And that split, that desire for Strong Man politics, is what around half the market wants today.

I don't believe the forecasts about what's coming in the future being radically different. We can't even guess the polls accurately now, these future forecasts are guesses multiplied by guesses: almost worthless.

There's targeting demographics, and there's lots of things in play. But I think it comes down to a deep longing in the US for authoritarianism, across all demographics. It fits well with a lot of other things here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back