• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That graphic thing I posted has disappeared and I’ve forgotten what winning Wisconsin means? He just needs Pennsylvania now or else Michigan and somewhere else?

There will be a recount in Wisconsin I think though ..
Assuming he has AZ, he just needs Michigan and Nevada. MI looks like a dead cert hopefully. But there are hopeful noises being made about GA now too.

Sorry, had to think about this for a bit.

I think I don't agree with this idea that the GOP are weak, and getting weaker over time. (Unfortunately.)

I think what's happened in the last... say 4(?) years is the outing / formalizing of the GOP as an authoritarian party. Trump could not have been much clearer with his Strong Man / Far right / Fascist brand. Previously the GOP have done dog whistle stuff, both for race and fascist ideologies. But Trump just cut through the bullshit, and openly said all these things, when his supporters loved him for "saying it like it is", they were right.

So that's what was put on offer yesterday:
Authoritarianism vrs Right of Center / Centrist Conservatism / others.

Roughly half of the voters picked Authoritarianism, and roughly half picked... well, I'd argue "Not Authoritarianism", more than anything else.

And that split, that desire for Strong Man politics, is what around half the market wants today.

I don't believe the forecasts about what's coming in the future being radically different. We can't even guess the polls accurately now, these future forecasts are guesses multiplied by guesses: almost worthless.

There's targeting demographics, and there's lots of things in play. But I think it comes down to a deep longing in the US for authoritarianism, across all demographics. It fits well with a lot of other things here.
They do fucking love the British Royal Family.

and they did bring all those Nazis over from Europe and gave them jobs fighting communism.

edit: But the other argument is that people vote for anyone who offers them something. The Dems offer nothing but "not Trump." They refuse to support very popular programs like, e.g. free healthcare, because... well why? That would hit their donors? They constantly evade that question by mumbling stuff about markets and Americans don't like taxes. If the democrats offered people anything positive it could be a very different election result. Maybe.

I'm not saying Bernie would have won, because, well... this, but the only Democratic wins in America in the past 40+ years were by a guy who ran on a progressive platform (Obama) and a guy who won because of a genuine third party doing well.

hmmm. HMMMMMM. I haven't a clue.

Last edited:
NYT is slightly different - the counted vote tallies match the AP source generally, but they're obviously using a different estimate for number of votes cast (e.g. AP says NV is 75% counted, NYT says it's 86%)

edit: But the other argument is that people vote for anyone who offers them something. The Dems offer nothing but "not Trump."
But a vote for Trump is a vote for Trump, they've seen 4 years of that dipshit. I cant get my head around it.

Looking past all of his other unpleasant personality traits and clear disinterest in the job, he's such a god damn dork, and can't drink water normally.

At least Sleepy Joe has mentioned climate change as part of his manifesto and isn't going to sack that Fauci dude.

Im planning a big Friday takeaway to celebrate a win for the good guys.

264 vs 214 - not including Nevada's 6 yet....

honestly, I'm shocked

Where else are you looking?

I have 248 to 214. But everywhere is saying different things.

I just heard Rick Santorum on the radio. Santorum, still makes me laugh.

Just the usual nonsense? he's going to win georgia and north carolina anyway so i guess he's just flagging that they're going to challenge the result in pennsylvania and michigan. They get a recount if there's less than 1% between them, but the pennsylvania one looks to be more straight up post-voting voter suppression.

edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cnn put biden at 253 so I think that excludes nevada and arizona.

An issue in arizona is whether ballots completed in sharpie are valid or not, the state ag has said votes should be counted regardless of what pen used.

---
I was listening to an election official in wisconsin. She pointed out that until the results are certificated on 1st December by the state, there is just the media projection. All the votes go to adjudication and verification

It is going to be a long november

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back