• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please don't cancel me for deadnaming

Silicon Valley won in California btw

I assume this is considered a loss to everyone on here.
is being able to vote on something like this a kinda state based referendum?
CA is obviously one of the more liberal states but i guess they like their cheap fares a little too much.

is being able to vote on something like this a kinda state based referendum?
CA is obviously one of the more liberal states but i guess they like their cheap fares a little too much.
Well I haven't checked up on the details of how the vote is cast (and that's always where America trips you up, right??) but my understanding is yeah, it was on their ballot in California.

I suppose the cynical view is that once you can argue that you would be more "free" with no labour laws at all then Americans will always vote for it. Freedom is good right? The freedom to work forever with no protection.

Oh sure they poured an insane amount of money into fighting it, it's the bottom line for their business model.

looks pretty much just like a local referendum. also the fact that a lot of the companies at play are probably headquartered in CA was a factor, i suspect they adopted 'we'll take our ball and go home' approach.

for all its liberal veneer money talks in Cal to the same extent as anywhere else in the States, and those that don't make the cut are just as fucked.

hilarious if it turns out to be true

surprisingly enough CNN are leaning pretty heavy towards a biden win right now

popular vote is 69,036,555 vs 66,753,430 in his favour not that it means much

Well Ilhan Omar got elected so if nothing else a chance to watch her making people squirm again

Even if clear majority of Americans vote for Biden,
and even if Biden manages to win the presidency despite the weird electoral collage bullshit,
and even if the Dems win The House,
if the GOP wins only The Senate: they can prevent virtually anything from happening for the foreseeable future.

That means that the GOP can then go back to their message of: Dems can't get anything done, and start hammering away behind the scenes, actively sabotaging everything they touch.

I mean, yeah, the fact it's close at all implies you need to remove the US from every equation it's possible to, but by any sane voting system at all the Dems would win. And yet even if they manage to do actually win via rules the seem to derive from Calvinball, the Dems likely still won't be able anything done.

Which, forgive my cynicism, suits the business-as-normal leaders of the Dems down to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back