• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Right, so I sometimes get an upset stomach if I don't drink enough water before/during a run, and once I got so badly dehydrated that I thought I was going to need to go on a drip because I was actually too weak to lift anything to my lips to drink and I could hardly get off the floor.

Yesterday, though, I went on a pretty short run, drank loads of liquids beforehand, had had a really good breakfast, etc. Came back and my tummy was in bits. Ate something because I was starving, but couldn't really get it down. Went to do an interview, and then when I came out, I realised that the interview had taken absolutely everything I had. I was standing on Harcourt St, gasping down the phone at Mr Jane, unable to move. Bundled into a taxi and off home, I was all cold sweats, burning pain, etc, etc, could barely talk or walk for most of the day/evening. Took loads of rehydration salts (ahem, I needed them), but was too weak to move for hours. Managed to eat something in the evening, but everything's making me sick, and there was a point at which I nearly asked to be taken to hospital because the pain was so bad I could hardly stand it.

Usually I'm fine by the next day, but today I'm not. My stomach is still in absolute bits. I'm eating because not eating would make me even weaker, but fucking hell.

I'm not eating anything unusual, if anything I'm on a bit more of a health-kick than normal. Was feeeling a bit shite Saturday night, too, adn ended up going to bed at around 9.

In agony here. My whole insides feel like they're on fire. I've been under a lot of stress lately, but this is just unreal. It's not flu because I'm not 'sick', just in pain, and the pain's making me completely exhausted. I'm used to digestive pain and discomfort, but this is really flooring me.

Anyone ever have anything like this, recurring pain that feels like severe dehydration, stomach cramps, etc but way worse?

I'm fucking wrecked. I also just lost the filling I got last week and I'm actually a wee bit afraid that maybe I have an infection from the shit job the dentist did on a filling that lasted FIVE days. So between having to pay the dentist to do another filling, or find a new dentist, and the possibility of having to pay a load of money to get my insides tested, I dunno where the hell I'm gonna come up wit hthe money, and that's gonna fuck me up worse.

I've been suffering from stomach problems for a few years now. My symptoms are completely different to yours so there's no point in giving too much advice. One regret I have is not going to the doctor sooner. I suffered with it for the best part of a year and it really fucked up my social life. When I went to the doc, an appointment was made to go to the hospital and a littler camera was stuck down my throat. Now that they know what it is, I can treat it better. Nowadays I know what aggravates it (drugs, nerves and stress mainly) so I can avoid problems most of the time.

So anyway, go to the doctor and get it sorted.

I really hate the way doctors treat people here, though. They're so fucking patronising, and they always seem to assume you're lying about everything. They seem to have only two approaches, which are, "Ah, sher, 'tis grand." And then the one where you feel like a criminal under interrogation.

I'm trying to avoid the doctor. Also, they charge money that I already had to spend on the dentist and will have to spend to get the dentist's shite job re-done by another dentist, and I don't have any money left after that. That's probably part of my stress.

I really hate the way doctors treat people here, though. They're so fucking patronising, and they always seem to assume you're lying about everything. They seem to have only two approaches, which are, "Ah, sher, 'tis grand." And then the one where you feel like a criminal under interrogation.

I'm trying to avoid the doctor. Also, they charge money that I already had to spend on the dentist and will have to spend to get the dentist's shite job re-done by another dentist, and I don't have any money left after that. That's probably part of my stress.
Well I've rarely had experiences like that at the doctors. Maybe you should try a different one. It's up to you of course but doctors, while expensive, could prove to be the best money you ever spend. It might go away after a few days or it could cause you trouble for years. If it doesn't clear up, you'll need to weigh up your dislike of doctors and the cost of doctors and drugs against the discomfort the the condition is causing you.

jane, sorry for your troubles, but, I'm wondering if this is related to what you feel when you go running and get dehydrated. I mean it could be something completely different, and something you may have suffered even if you didn't go for the run.

I find exercise does aggravate my stomach sometimes, especially long bouts of exercise. But never as severe as you mentioned. It does sound like what you have could be stress related.

Or, and I don't mean to sound belittling or patronising, but it may be just a bug that you got from something you ate that will pass.

Any sickness involved?

You could do worse than to visit the doc. Just in case like.

jane, sorry for your troubles, but, I'm wondering if this is related to what you feel when you go running and get dehydrated. I mean it could be something completely different, and something you may have suffered even if you didn't go for the run.

I find exercise does aggravate my stomach sometimes, especially long bouts of exercise. But never as severe as you mentioned. It does sound like what you have could be stress related.

Or, and I don't mean to sound belittling or patronising, but it may be just a bug that you got from something you ate that will pass.

Any sickness involved?

You could do worse than to visit the doc. Just in case like.

See, that's the thing. It does not feel entirely unlike what I get after a long run if I haven't hydrated properly or eaten enough. The worst bout of it was about 18 months ago, when I went on a long run for the first time in a few years and my body jsut wasn't used to it. I'm pretty good about hydrating and taking in calories when I need them during a run, but the pain is associated more with long runs, more than maybe 16 or 17 miles, and even that is a rarity. The problem is, I've had this lately with much shorter runs. Yesterday wouldn't have been more than 8, and that's about my normal distance.

So that's why I'm thinking that the run aggravated something that was already there. I don't think I've eaten anything unusual, either. Sickness, yeah. I'm not a puker, but the fucking sickies I've had, you just woudln't wanna know about them.

Am wondering if it might be related to the tooth. And I still find it a bit stressful because, well, the fuckers who bashed me into a wall are the ones who pretty much killed my tooth and the dentist said it might end up abscessing, and I don't know how I'm gonna pay for all the work I need done on somehing that wouldn't need work if some prick hadn't thought it useful to use my head as a basketball.

I dunno if its related but I used to get really dehydrated when I trained. I found drinking [SIZE=-1]Diorolyte helped alot..[/SIZE]

I dunno if its related but I used to get really dehydrated when I trained. I found drinking [SIZE=-1]Diorolyte helped alot..[/SIZE]

Tanks. Yeah, I was horsing that stuff into me yesterday. It helped a little. Maybe I just need more of it.

Another possible explanation is that I've been cross-training more seriously, which means I'm in slightly better cardiovascular shape, which means I'm sweating a bit more when I'm running. It may be that my fluid needs are greater than they used to be. The problem with going to a regular doctor is that the second they hear I run, they turn WAY more patronising than normal. At best it's a sort of pat on the head, "Oh, bless, the little girl fancies herself a wee jogger. Do you do the mini-marathon, little girl? What do you run, 5k?" At worst I get a "Running is bad for you, little girl, that's what boys do" lecture from a guy whose hairy belly is trying to escape from his coat. Or some passive-aggressive lady doctor who just "Hmphs" at everything.

I truly hate doctors.

I was having bad stomach pains a year or so ago, mainly after i ate. Doctor said it was an ulcer probably brought around by too much booze and bad diet. I just had to start eating at regular times, not having one massive meal before i went to bed like i used to. Had to cut out spicy food for a while, which i love. Still get warning pains if i've been bold for a few days. But i was surprised to find out how common stomach ulcers are with lads my age,25. Turned out loads of people i know have them. Have many people here had the bad belly?

I think it helps if u take some before you train/run too..

Probably a good idea. Did you ever get the 'swallowed a bag of burning nails' dehydration symptoms?

I'm guzzling water today, and it does kind of seem to be helping, which is good. But fucking hell, I can't get enough of the stuff and it's only helping a tiny bit.

I should probably pay closer attention to these things. I was diagnosed with IBS and gastritis when I was a teenager, and I've only ever paid attention to it when it got bad. I think the gastritis thing was overkill, but I should be more aware of these things. The thing that worries me is how severe my symptoms are compared with the aggravating factors.

Definitely change doctors. I find all the doctors at Grafton Medical Centre very helpful, particularly Dr Keith Perdue and Dr Emer O'Reilly.

Am wondering if it might be related to the tooth.

Mercury amalgam filling by any chance? Some people have extremely severe reactions to those?

Stress is probably a major contributor though. Sounds awful Jane and I really hope you are feeling better soon.

Definitely change doctors. I find all the doctors at Grafton Medical Centre very helpful, particularly Dr Keith Perdue and Dr Emer O'Reilly.

Mercury amalgam filling by any chance? Some people have extremely severe reactions to those?

Stress is probably a major contributor though. Sounds awful Jane and I really hope you are feeling better soon.
Stress was/is a biggy for me. Also, excitement. This meant that it really fucked up my social life for the best part of a year. Anytime I was excited about a night out I was guaranteed to have an awful vomity.

Bad food is another trigger for me. This means that I have to eat fairly healthy food, On balance, I think this is possibly a good thing.

It's not a mercury filling, actually, but a chunk of it's come out. Or it could be another chunk of my tooth. Basically, it had a huge filling in it anyway, and when those dicks bashed my head in, they must have knocked it hard enough to do some damage, but not so hard that it all happened right away. Because when I went in last week, the dentist pointed out that this was the same tooth I came in with the week after my head-bashing.

I went to Grafton Medical as well, but the last time I rang they weren't very helpful. I went to a doctor in there for a while, but I rang a while back and was told, "She doesn't work here anymore. Bye." and they hung up. I begged and begged to be taken for the five minutes I knew it would take for a doctor to scoop out the gunge and give me a prescription for antibiotics, but they didn't have any appointments for weeks, and wouldn't take me because, with my doctor gone, I was no longer considered their patient and they were under no obligation to see me. I don't really want to go to a revolving door medical centre where i'm treated like that.

I dunno. I might go back to the doctor I went to on Westland Row when I had my infected foot thing. He was very no-nonsense but he seemed okay. Finding a good doctor is really hard.

Probably a good idea. Did you ever get the 'swallowed a bag of burning nails' dehydration symptoms?

I'm guzzling water today, and it does kind of seem to be helping, which is good. But fucking hell, I can't get enough of the stuff and it's only helping a tiny bit.

I should probably pay closer attention to these things. I was diagnosed with IBS and gastritis when I was a teenager, and I've only ever paid attention to it when it got bad. I think the gastritis thing was overkill, but I should be more aware of these things. The thing that worries me is how severe my symptoms are compared with the aggravating factors.

Are you diabetic?

Are you diabetic?

Gawd, I hope not. I don't think so, anyway. I have had minor kidney problems in the past, but I can't imagine how I'd be diabetic. Adult onset diabetes is rare in people of normal weight, and I had bloodwork done a few years ago -- surely it would have shown up in that.

Just thirsty because I think maybe it was just really unusually bad dehydration mixed with stress and maybe something else I don't know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back