To be a lifelong Fulham fan today (1 Viewer)

didn't know this was on i'm annoyed i didn't watch it now.
brings back great memories of Boro doing the same thing against Basel and Steua Bucharest in 2006 (both times the needed to score four second half goals to get through also they had earlier knocked out Roma then Stuttgart).
my brother told me Duff was great.
anyhow i'm delighted for them especially Hodgson. just think were the club was in the nineties.....

1221993278-soccer-barclays-premier-league-portsmouth-v-fulham-fratton-park.jpg

So the semis are Valencia or Atletico Madrid v Benfica or Liverpool.

Then Hamburg or Standard Liege v Fulham or Wolfsburg.

They got the better half of the draw...

They sure did, but a Fulham-Liverpool final is maybe just a shade behind the likelihood of a Liverpool-Hamburg final, which Kevin Keegan would no doubt 'bloody love that'.

Fulham have been an excellent example, both on and off the pitch for years now I have great admiration for Hodgson They play good ball too. I'm going to try to end this post before going into a rant about the big fours debts being a disgrace.

Super goal from Zamora too. "When the ball hits the goal, it's not Shearer or Cole, that's ZAMORA!" - just shows how long he's been around! England would be pretty dumb not to bring him to the World Cup.

Fulham have been an excellent example, both on and off the pitch for years now I have great admiration for Hodgson They play good ball too. I'm going to try to end this post before going into a rant about the big fours debts being a disgrace.
hold on for a sec, much as i like the fulham model (current version) and always have, for some reason, this is the team that spent 11 million on steve marlet, hired lawrie sanchez, let him buy 12 new players (all numpties) then sacked him a couple of months later and were within a cock hair of relegation. then they finally see sense, pick up a manager with a great record, sign a good goalie, and badda bing, suddenly they're the best run club in england? so, they're on a decent cup run, but that's just tabloid hyperbole. you want to see a well won club that makes money by selling players on at a massive profit, and has a talented (younger) british manager etc, look no further than your own club. if moyes could get a run in the europa cup, a trophy he's always hell bent on qualifying for, but seems to have no interest in once he's there, then he'd become the greatest manager of all time. just like steve mcclaren did.

it's a good run by fulham, and it's because if anyone knows their continental football, it's roy hodgson. but a bit of perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back