Thumped Disco (1 Viewer)

Opening Band Upstaged By Pre-Show Music
MINNEAPOLIS—The Vic Taybacks, opening for Superchunk at 400 Bar Tuesday, were upstaged by the pre-show music on the venue's sound system. "While we were setting up our stuff, [Hüsker Dü's] Flip Your Wig was playing, and the crowd was going nuts," said Vic Taybacks bassist Geoff Davis. "Then we started playing, and it got quiet and everybody just sort of drifted off to the bar." The band has previously been upstaged by Queen's Greatest Hits and the Repo Man soundtrack.

swingkid (16 Jan, 2002 05:12 p.m.):
OKAY!!!
i have it all sorted!
i can make the next DO YOU KOMPUTE? night on friday the 25th the thumped disco party, it's in frazers on o'connell st. centre of town and loads of room, no bouncers and cheap enough drink and we got the dj's too.

so is that confirmed?

gets my vote

not that my vote actually means anything, mind

Yes why reinvent the wheel. But we could have a thumped fest.
Wednesday night: Tourist in Doyles
Thursday: GZ in Parnell Mooneys
Friday: Killkillkill in Frazers
Saturday my gaff
Sunday: Lazybug in the international

Sure it'd be great.
And by the end we'd never post again cos we'd have killed each other.

PS I vote we make it a thumped skangers and slags weekend party

oh and yes I was that devil.

Why not have something like a couple of bands from the forum play normal length set or loads of the bands play short sets with the thumped disco afterwards ?

You could charge let normal people in and charge them €6 but charge Thumped people €3 or something like that (do you have a list of our real names, Pete?)

And their could have some secret sign that shows you are a thumped person - kind of like gay people having the hankerchief in the back pocket except less gay.

And if by some freak chance there's any profits they get spent on pitchers of drink for all or something similar

Monkey (16 Jan, 2002 06:35 p.m.):
Why not have something like a couple of bands from the forum play normal length set or loads of the bands play short sets with the thumped disco afterwards ?

You could charge let normal people in and charge them €6 but charge Thumped people €3 or something like that (do you have a list of our real names, Pete?)

And their could have some secret sign that shows you are a thumped person - kind of like gay people having the hankerchief in the back pocket except less gay.

all those ideas suck.

sorry
hows about we all thump you in the face as our 'secret handshake' ?

andy

ps - only joking! i'm a nice guy!

pps - bands playing sucks. bands dont play at discos, they play at gigs. this isnt the thumped gig thread, its the thumped disco thread.
the whole point of this is to put names to faces and faces to names in terms of people you see post on the board and the people you already see at gigs.
if that makes any sense.
ok - the real point is to get langers and get sick all over some strangers jackets. but bands playing = bad idea.

Stephen (16 Jan, 2002 06:15 p.m.):
Yes why reinvent the wheel. But we could have a thumped fest.
Wednesday night: Tourist in Doyles
Thursday: GZ in Parnell Mooneys
Friday: Killkillkill in Frazers
Saturday my gaff
Sunday: Lazybug in the international

Sure it'd be great.
And by the end we'd never post again cos we'd have killed each other.

PS I vote we make it a thumped skangers and slags weekend party

oh and yes I was that devil.

See , now I know why (London) Lolo wore wigs sometimes in an attempt to look even a lickle bit different...dunno..Dublin's a mobile classroom or sumptin'.. ANYWAY, I would have offered the International for this but it wouldn't have been until March after the Lazybird Tony Bennett/Peters and Lee gig and all , so it's good to see that a venue has been decided and everything. Stephen, I reckon I can make 4 of the above so get ready to get sick of(f) me... should be all good fun and whatnot - who's playing the disks then, eh, eh ?

i'd be in whelans on the friday 25th aswell, but no problem coming down to frazers after the gig. i'll follow hag out of whelans, smash something large and heavy over his head, and then continue to the party. that ought to clear everything up.

i think we should make it a knacker rave, inna 1993-irish-college-in-summer stylee... this has been a pet project of mine for years... 2unlimited, urban cookie collective, b.o.t.t.r.o.p., the shamen, 'charly'-era prodge... JUST THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!! whoa.

but failing that, i'll do whatever peepee says. i await finalised orders.

i'll wear a namebadge.

I think Pete should give a speech as well.

We could present him with a small token of our esteem, and link arms and sing for he's a jolly good fellow.

And before you complain Pete, this IS all your fault.

Stuart Little (17 Jan, 2002 09:53 a.m.):
I think Pete should give a speech as well.

We could present him with a small token of our esteem, and link arms and sing for he's a jolly good fellow.

And before you complain Pete, this IS all your fault.

well guess what

see friday week?

I'm washing my hair.

swingkid (16 Jan, 2002 05:12 p.m.):
OKAY!!!
i have it all sorted!
i can make the next DO YOU KOMPUTE? night on friday the 25th the thumped disco party, it's in frazers on o'connell st. centre of town and loads of room, no bouncers and cheap enough drink and we got the dj's too.

so is that confirmed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back