Thumped Christmas do - Dec 23rd, Crawdaddy (4 Viewers)

Should there be a christmas do this year?

• Total voters
stunning said:
Goodness gracious you're a funny one!

That special cookie sounds perfect...I wonder how many other willie's I'll see tonight. I think I'm just going to write SHOW ME YOUR DICK on my name badge! I suspect these boys are gonna be well drunk enough to do it...and probably some gals too! Ooops, did I say that?

Oh my gosh! I just realized that Squack gave me positive rep for this one...

How very strange the people are here are. Thanks Squack! :)

I got to meet some lovely people I hadn't chatted to properly at this thing, which is the reason I went.
Beyond that I didn't think it was a very good night. Through no fault of anyone in particular I just thought the atmosphere was pretty shit and would have been better if the second half of the night was out in the bar where people could talk and see one another instead of half the crew sitting up in the balcony and the other half hanging around shuffling their feet downstairs.
I think the line up was cool. I was sorry I missed Steve Fanagans set and the rock disco at the end because rumour has it they were great.

All this aside, we made lots of money for a very worthy cause and I think Pete and everyone who played or paid in should be well proud of themselves. It's a fucking pain in the arse thing to pull off.

Happy Christmas Jumper Day to one and all!

Kirstie has lovely shoes.

aoifed said:
I got to meet some lovely people I hadn't chatted to properly at this thing, which is the reason I went.
Beyond that I didn't think it was a very good night. Through no fault of anyone in particular I just thought the atmosphere was pretty shit and would have been better if the second half of the night was out in the bar where people could talk and see one another instead of half the crew sitting up in the balcony and the other half hanging around shuffling their feet downstairs.
I think the line up was cool. I was sorry I missed Steve Fanagans set and the rock disco at the end because rumour has it they were great.

All this aside, we made lots of money for a very worthy cause and I think Pete and everyone who played or paid in should be well proud of themselves. It's a fucking pain in the arse thing to pull off.

Happy Christmas Jumper Day to one and all!

I'm annoyed I couldn't make it, but only because you were there.

We magically got a half an hour extra in our rock disco slot. Of course we had only brought enough stuff for an hour, hence the extra dose of Van Halen and ZZ Top. That's no bad thing though.

I got to say hi to a few people I wanted to meet... Hey Jane, I even said "You're exactly the height I expected you to be" to Wavioli! To everyone else I just said "No, really we can't; my boyfriend's over there..."

The only people I saw with nametags were the people I already blimmin' knew. So I started randomly talking to people but that didn't work out very well, as no-one I approached was even from Thumped. I had no nametag but I was the chick with pink and black sticky-up hair... Anyone spot me???

Zita said:
I got to say hi to a few people I wanted to meet... Hey Jane, I even said "You're exactly the height I expected you to be" to Wavioli! To everyone else I just said "No, really we can't; my boyfriend's over there..."
You did? Thats quite an odd thing to say! I guess my overwhelming internet prescence suitably describes my towering stature ;)

aoifed said:

ah tanks. Yours were quality also. God bless Schuh. Speak of which, I am off to start a lifestyle thread about the glory of the sales.

kirstie said:
ah tanks. Yours were quality also. God bless Schuh. Speak of which, I am off to start a lifestyle thread about the glory of the sales.
I didn't see Kirstie's shoes, but aoifed has a keen eye for footwear, so I'm sure they were lovely. aoifed's shoes look really good with stripey socks, but only on me, cos I'm, like, the boss of fashion. I'm off to the Lifestyles Board, see ya suckers....

Whose compilation says "thumped gently" on it? Cos that's the one I got and I like it
Top night I thunk - didn't do any dancing, which I guess I regret cos I'm leaving Dublin on Wednesday ... I'm all itchy from attic dust disturbed while packing. Nice to meet yiz, the people I met

egg_ said:
Whose compilation says "thumped gently" on it? Cos that's the one I got and I like it
Top night I thunk - didn't do any dancing, which I guess I regret cos I'm leaving Dublin on Wednesday ... I'm all itchy from attic dust disturbed while packing. Nice to meet yiz, the people I met

Ah yes, will we start talking about the grab bag now? I saw Thumped Gently...I think its a friend of mine's...was it Dudley's? Maybe one of the other gayboys that were watching the happenings with the box...it was like the nativity under the tree with the three queens keeping watch. (Liam, Edwin & Mike)

Anyway, I got a deadly CD from WAVIOLI who disguised his/her name with wingdings fonts so the name looked like diamond, cancer, cluster of diamonds in diamond formation, pisces, large hollow square, filled in large circle, and then pisces again.

Nice one WAV! Only heard & had two tracks off it...Zappa ('Bobby Brown' which Aurel & I sang at a Hoot recently) and Bjork (Where is the Line.)

Really love Rewind by Cylob(DMX Krew Mix) and The Bad Plus' Heart of Glass. The Owls and Television tracks are also fantastic. Where the heck is that Beatles song Flying from. Please don't tell me the White Album because that record scares me.

Still getting to know my new puppy...so Wavioli, thanks for a great present!!

Thomas

stunning said:
Anyway, I got a deadly CD from WAVIOLI who disguised his/her name with wingdings fonts so the name looked like diamond, cancer, cluster of diamonds in diamond formation, pisces, large hollow square, filled in large circle, and then pisces again.

Nice one WAV! Only heard & had two tracks off it...Zappa ('Bobby Brown' which Aurel & I sang at a Hoot recently) and Bjork (Where is the Line.)

Really love Rewind by Cylob(DMX Krew Mix) and The Bad Plus' Heart of Glass. The Owls and Television tracks are also fantastic. Where the heck is that Beatles song Flying from. Please don't tell me the White Album because that record scares me.

Still getting to know my new puppy...so Wavioli, thanks for a great present!!

Thomas
you are a clever one! either you know wingdings TOO well or you spent a while trying to figure that out! thats beatles track is off Magical Mystery Tour. Anyways, glad you enjoyed it! i guess the 'secret' put em under pressure is wasted on you tho, you big ol american you...

i was the lucky recipiant of two comps, as Zita INSISTED I took her one :)
she refused to take the one i had, cos she said it was crap, and you know what, she was right! hers is great tho nice one Z!

Wavioli said:
you are a clever one! either you know wingdings TOO well or you spent a while trying to figure that out! thats beatles track is off Magical Mystery Tour. Anyways, glad you enjoyed it! i guess the 'secret' put em under pressure is wasted on you tho, you big ol american you...

Thanks! Re: Beatles, anyone know if the US release of MMTour could have been different than the UK release? I had that tape as a kid and have NO memory of the track...very strange as I have a really great memory for some things(not for people's names)...music and infancy being two in particular.

I don't get the 'secret' put em under pressure thing...wha's dat and how come its wasted on me...? That sounded like a question Hag would ask...don't ask me why.

The horror for me on the night was the realization that my lovely gift wrapped CD compilation which cost me approximately $13,000 (which included hiring 77 musicians) to make was put back in the box !bog not once, not twice, but "thrice" as LMD64 kept reminding me. Aside from the horror, it was actually the funniest thing in the world. Sometimes humiliation and rejection aren't erotic, sometimes they're just hysterically funny.

Wavioli said:

i was the lucky recipiant of two comps, as Zita INSISTED I took her one :)
she refused to take the one i had, cos she said it was crap, and you know what, she was right! hers is great tho nice one Z!
Yeah, I turned up late and forgot that I had brought a comp until later still and by that time, there were no comps left under the tree! It's all true what Wavioli says. I live to give.

stunning said:
Thanks! Re: Beatles, anyone know if the US release of MMTour could have been different than the UK release? I had that tape as a kid and have NO memory of the track...very strange as I have a really great memory for some things(not for people's names)...music and infancy being two in particular.

I don't get the 'secret' put em under pressure thing...wha's dat and how come its wasted on me...? That sounded like a question Hag would ask...don't ask me why.

The horror for me on the night was the realization that my lovely gift wrapped CD compilation which cost me approximately $13,000 (which included hiring 77 musicians) to make was put back in the box !bog not once, not twice, but "thrice" as LMD64 kept reminding me. Aside from the horror, it was actually the funniest thing in the world. Sometimes humiliation and rejection aren't erotic, sometimes they're just hysterically funny.
If you werent in Ireland circa Italia '90 then that 'put em under pressure' is lost on you, simple as that...

Wavioli said:
If you werent in Ireland circa Italia '90 then that 'put em under pressure' is lost on you, simple as that...
I remember being in school and a guy in my class doing that Angus Young guitar dance across the stage while singing "dehdeh deh deh deh deh dehdedeh dehdeh deh deh deh deh dehdedeh" and then saying "put em unda preshah". He did it a few times, not enough to wear it out - and I remember thinking 'this guy is comedy gold.'

and he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back