Thumped Christmas do - Dec 23rd, Crawdaddy (1 Viewer)

Should there be a christmas do this year?

• Total voters
P. Littbarski said:
totally..man, i must dig this album out again. theres some great guitar work on it.

whats the better song though...Lazarus by the Boo Radleys or Ride's Leave them all behind (both songs doing the long intro thingy before going off).

The choice is yours !

ohhh tough one, Lazarus just about shades it for me. Just.

Giant steps would be in my top 10 favourite records ever I reckon, if I had such a list.

Stan Bowles said:
ohhh tough one, Lazarus just about shades it for me. Just.

Giant steps would be in my top 10 favourite records ever I reckon, if I had such a list.

i'd go with lazarus myself...i still have around 4 lazarus remix ep's in various guises knocking around somewhere that are deadly.

out of all the boo's albums Everything's Alright Forever wins hands down...of all the ride stuff, Nowhere would be the winner.

It's a shame that (for me) both bands lost it. Are Ride or the Boo's still going or did they call it a day ?

I dug out Giant Steps again recently. It's a great album. Ian reckons he's never heard it, that's Ian from Omelette. Never heard Giant Steps- yea right.

P. Littbarski said:
out of all the boo's albums Everything's Alright Forever wins hands down...of all the ride stuff, Nowhere would be the winner.

It's a shame that (for me) both bands lost it. Are Ride or the Boo's still going or did they call it a day ?

I'd go for Giant Steps and Going Blank Again. Ride have done gigs recently, or Andy Bell and Mark Gardner have, but I don't know a whole load about that. Last Ride album was tarantuala (which got slatted but I think it has its moments), and for the boos kingsizein I'm guessing 1999? The boos have a best of album coming out next month, but Martin Carr still releases stuff as Brave Captain, which I really really like.

Stan Bowles said:
Martin Carr still releases stuff as Brave Captain, which I really really like.

ah right...i've heard a couple of tunes by Brave Captain (kinda electronicy stuff) which wasnt bad but never twigged that it was yer man from the boo radleys.

P. Littbarski said:
ah right...i've heard a couple of tunes by Brave Captain (kinda electronicy stuff) which wasnt bad but never twigged that it was yer man from the boo radleys.

I've got three Brave Captain Albums I think, some great stuff and some not so great stuff, ranges from 30 second electronic things to lovely pop songs. Seen him live as BC a couple of times too, and he did a brilliant version of Lazarus, slowed it down and it sounded a bit like carwash hair by the rev.

Stan Bowles said:
I listened to everythings alright forever by the boo radleys. Still sounds good if you ask me.

it's fucking amazing it is.
Myself and my mate Mick used to drink a flagon of cider in the length of time it took to play that album. If we had money left we'd go out and buy more and stick on Loveless. I was living in a basement flat in Harolds Cross at the time (1991 - 1992)

Ah such innocent times.

Stan Bowles said:
I'd go for Giant Steps and Going Blank Again. Ride have done gigs recently, or Andy Bell and Mark Gardner have, but I don't know a whole load about that. Last Ride album was tarantuala (which got slatted but I think it has its moments), and for the boos kingsizein I'm guessing 1999? The boos have a best of album coming out next month, but Martin Carr still releases stuff as Brave Captain, which I really really like.

guys - you should check out
the Ride Box Set (3 CDs - greatest hits, unreleased, live)
and the BBC Sessions disc.

plus all four albums got remastered with extras a couple of years back. Don't really show up in Dublin but are cheap mail order and definitely worth buying - even if you already own the stuff twice over like I did.

I'd rank Boo Radleys
1 Everything 2 Giant Steps 3 Ichabod 4 Wake Up 5 Cmon 6 Kingsize

nlgbbbblth said:
guys - you should check out
the Ride Box Set (3 CDs - greatest hits, unreleased, live)
and the BBC Sessions disc.

I'd rank Boo Radleys
1 Everything 2 Giant Steps 3 Ichabod 4 Wake Up 5 Cmon 6 Kingsize
I have the Ride box set, though again its back in London. The live CD is from Reading 92 isn't it? I was there, Andy Bell wore a very fetching blue mod suit. Have to try and get the BBC sessions thing.

Boo's: 1 Giant Steps 2 Everything 3 C'mon 4 Wake up 5 Kingsize

I never got ichabod and i, booo me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back