Thumped Christmas do - Dec 23rd, Crawdaddy (1 Viewer)

Should there be a christmas do this year?

• Total voters
SadieOutlaw said:
i missed the first two acts as well and i didn't meet as many people as i thought i would. i was having a little trouble standing up straight though so that might be why:eek:
i did however get to meet egg and pantone and lorcanzo:)
and i got to taste some of hag's cookie, which was lovely, but i'd like my own cookie next year jane!
thanks for a good night pete.

I can even make you one before Christmas is done, Sadie. I've got some more of the sugar cookie dough in the freezer, and loads of icing left.

Thanks, Pete!

Thanks for the cookies Jane!
And thanks for the night out too.

Delorentos are a lot better since I last saw them.
Northstation was super-good. First time I've seen him play and was pleased as punch.
The Large Corporation should be a band. Although they should call themselves Memories or Deja-Vu. Or maybe Still Got It!

Venue was a bit shite. Very trendy and all that, but it was crap that we had to be moved from the suave reception area. And then the bouncer started giving Dara and me grief about leaving through the wheelchair accessible area.
I reckon it'll be a white Christmas for the Russian bouncer guy *sniff sniff*.

Didn't really meet any of the new Thumped heads. I would have punched veryslowey if I did see him. This whole Down's Syndrome shit is a stupid cheap shot.

Gong Farmer said:
Venue was a bit shite. Very trendy and all that, but it was crap that we had to be moved from the suave reception area.
aye, twas cos of fire regulations. after 11pm their licence only allows them to have two rooms open, so it was the pod and then either the crawdaddy venue or bar. they originally wanted to shut the venue at 11 and move everyone into the bar, but i'm glad they chose the opposite, atmosphere shot up a notch.
plus, seeing as the room was empty for niall and northstation it improved things a bit

Gong Farmer said:
Didn't really meet any of the new Thumped heads.
aye, me neither. *still* have yet to meet some of the old heads! i've never even met jane, ferkrisakes.

final money raised for Aware was something in the region of €945, which is all good 8)

thanks petey.
never again do i want to hear you say never again

jane said:
I can even make you one before Christmas is done, Sadie. I've got some more of the sugar cookie dough in the freezer, and loads of icing left.

Thanks, Pete!
yay!!
i could make you some tasty treat in return....looking up some recipes now.
if you still fancy it, i'll be meeting some people for a booze later, around 7ish.

gong farmer, why did i not see you last night?

edit: ha ha jane, saw this and instantly thought of you :)

From that link, Sadie:

"Do this quickly so that you don't allow the biscuit to get soggy."

It's like the opposite of that game, no?

Anyway, Dudley, I'm pretty sure we have actually met, but I don't think we've ever actually spoken, if that makes any sense.

I did get to meet Aoife -- finally! I was looking forward to meeting cassette/tape, but, alas, she will remain a witty spectre on the interweb for a while longer.

I think I'm heading in to the Stag's Head for a while this afternoon, but I'm not sure how late I'm going to stay out this evening.

SadieOutlaw said:
gong farmer, why did i not see you last night?
Oh! I was there. Think I caught a glimpse of yourself and Hag. I was on the other side of the room in front of the sound desk. The fat fucker in the hoody... that was me!

I got Andy's CD! I thought he'd be into really cool stuff, but it was just shit. It was all like "oooo... look at me with my cool music". It's like listening to a mullet.

I missed the whole show due to a mini pub-crawl. I'd like to make the €10 contribution somehow though.

edit: and I had a dancehall>ragga>jungle>raggacore mix for the cd thing.

ah well

Gong Farmer said:
Oh! I was there. Think I caught a glimpse of yourself and Hag. I was on the other side of the room in front of the sound desk. The fat fucker in the hoody... that was me!

I got Andy's CD! I thought he'd be into really cool stuff, but it was just shit. It was all like "oooo... look at me with my cool music". It's like listening to a mullet.
ah bum, i wanted to say hi.
next year eh?:)

SadieOutlaw said:
ah bum, i wanted to say hi.
next year eh?:)
Cool dinners! It'd be nice to say hi once again.

billy_hi.jpg

nice picture!
my reindeer says hi too.....

eh bugger, looks like he's not saying hi.
stupid big files being too big.

aha!! i feel like some sort of computer genius now:)

twas a cool night...
had to leave around half one with the backline though so boo...
met sadie and andy and eh... thats all.
oh, a girl said 'oh you're lorcanzo'! and then walked away too...

the large/corpo were cool as were niall and steve - deadly...
and we we much better than the last time billy saw us. :cool:

well done pete i say!

my dinner out was brillent
the head of ucc's english department LOVES my jacket
and mary morrissy wants to read the paper i wrote on her buke
oh, and, AND, i turned down a personal invitation from jeremy irons to his new year's eve party
quite the day of minor celebrity hobnobbing i had, really :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back