Things I wont miss when I leave home... (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

My brothers going between three different sport channels in order to watch everything thats going on...

Grey hounds has been on since 6pm and that turned into flicking to the cricket and then the football.

My brothers making do everything for them.. "Roisin get my fags for me over there (they are usually closer than them to I am), Roisin iron this shirt... go to the kitchen there and see if my mobile is there... Put some coal on the fire there Roisin, Go out to the freezer and get me an ice cream, go down there and get me a pen and paper. Go find emily for me... etc"

The various down puttings about how shit I am at everything.

My parents being stupid and asking dumb questions about shit.

The smell of farm in the morning.

Grey hounds. Tractors cows.

The forced isolation of living in the back arse of no where.

The nearest shop being 5 miles away.

STRAWBERRIES.

Every one in the local area knowing every ones business.

Community centres.

Having to arrange lifts to and from places ages in advance because I live so far away from every where taxi's are too fucking exspensive.

DIAL UP
Etc.

for starters tell the brothers to fuck off; save up for a cheapo portable tellybox; stand up for yourself; appreciate the fact that your parents aren't stupid, they just know different stuff to you; take a minute to enjoy the fact that you don't live in a poxy overcrowded city.

can't help you with the smell of benjy though.

for starters tell the brothers to fuck off; save up for a cheapo portable tellybox; stand up for yourself; appreciate the fact that your parents aren't stupid, they just know different stuff to you; take a minute to enjoy the fact that you don't live in a poxy overcrowded city.

can't help you with the smell of benjy though.

Jaysus, I cant post anything right lately can I.

I have a portable... but cant get any reception on it because we live in "hallow" hence why I'd need sky to get network 2 (oh god... its RTE 2 now isnt it) and other stuff like that.

Ive told them to fuck off many times, its just easier to do the stuff because it doesnt amount to mass jeering.

I stand for myself, I do my own washing, cook my own meals etc. Ok maybe not I rely on the 'rents to pay for the food and shite like that. There stupid when it comes to things that didnt exsist before 1980.

I'll learn to love the country side when I move away Id say, but at the moment Im fed up looking out the window and seeing nothing but trees and fields.

hmmm.

listen here to me, young lady. you'll miss the strawberries - mark my words.

Mmmmmm

strawberries%20n%20cream_swirl_cake.jpg

drool.....

are you the youngest? We still get my little sister to do stuff when we're all home together, and she does it - ahah, totally learned behaviour.

By the way, she's 27.

So there's no escape.

Ive told them to fuck off many times, its just easier to do the stuff because it doesnt amount to mass jeering.

I stand for myself, I do my own washing, cook my own meals etc. Ok maybe not I rely on the 'rents to pay for the food and shite like that. There stupid when it comes to things that didnt exsist before 1980.

But trust me, on the sunscreen.

are you the youngest? We still get my little sister to do stuff when we're all home together, and she does it - ahah, totally learned behaviour.

By the way, she's 27.

So there's no escape.

yeah well you must be the ugly sister. im the youngest of 7 and have been downtrodden by older siblings as long as i remember. if theres a knock at the door or the phone rings everybody else stays sitting knowing that i'll get up and answer it, if something is needed from the shop i go and get it, if theres more people than couch spaces i sit on the gammy seat, i always do the washing up etc... only my dad has a harder time of it.

yeah well you must be the ugly sister. im the youngest of 7 and have been downtrodden by older siblings as long as i remember. if theres a knock at the door or the phone rings everybody else stays sitting knowing that i'll get up and answer it, if something is needed from the shop i go and get it, if theres more people than couch spaces i sit on the gammy seat, i always do the washing up etc... only my dad has a harder time of it.

Yeah, but on the plus side you got spoiled rotten as a nipper.

I really hate being isolated. and you can give me and rois shit for complaining. its not fucking meadows and frollocking, its lonliness, unwelcoming, armed robberies, maintaining friends is hard cuz every relationship is a long distance one, and being under the constant thumb of your parents is awful, esp if they're the facist catholic type. perhaps you have a wonderful hippy image of the countryside but our reality is shit.

i think you have the same idea of Dublin being some sprawling metropolitan utopia, ask any Dub directions to the nearest good thing to do and they'll prob send you to Bus Aras to get a bus out.

Nah not really, Dublin is deadly, still not perfect buh

if something is needed from the shop i go and get it

Our youngest is actually referred to as 'go to the shops boy'. He now lives away from our folks, with me, and he is still go to the shops boy. When all our family have grandchildren and he's a decrepid elderly dude, we still intend to make him go to the shops. The youngest deserve this. It'll teach them a valuable lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back