Things I wont miss when I leave home... (1 Viewer)

I know where I live looks lovely in the summer and even in the winter some times...
(sorry if the pics look like there trying to be artsy, me ma got a bit mad with the digital camera when we got it for her)

This is from the front of the house... (around this time of year)
View attachment 4457

The front yard during dusk at the summer
View attachment 4456

River flooded down the fields agees ago.
View attachment 4458

Notice the absince of houses.

you should start posting in thephoto forum young lady! the second one is brilliant. id be pretty happy waking up to see that every day :D

just noticed it was your mum took them. tell her to start posting in the photo forum, so ;)

I grew up in the country and I think its true what everyone is saying once you leave home everything seems differently. I think visiting home when you know you have your own place to escape to (on weekends or whatever) makes all the things that annoy you easier to bear and you enjoy being home more and notice the things you do like about the place.

AT the moment you are frustrating, it sounds like you have that in limbo feeling which I hate when you know things will get better soon but your countdown is getting there fast enough. As for your brother.... well I'm the oldest and in our house we dont get away with telling each other what to do. My Ma is seriously strict on that. It's something I've really noticed about my parents is that they are really insistant on fairness which is great.

Another thing is your parents will have to adjust to you being away and when you visit will appreciate your presence more when you are at home. When your there all the time its not a novelty. I've never lived in Dublin but Galway is brilliant and not too big.

The people always knowing your business well thats a lesson people learn themselves throughout life - what type of people you choose to associate with and trust? I do know about the small town attitude I've survived it but now with the likes of bebo myspace etc people are always being nosy about what this person did that they went to school with so it doesnt really go away. Thankfully you choose what information you can put on those sites.

Things will get better is my point. My sisters live in Scotland in college and they miss home constantly. I on the other hand went to college in Ireland and couldnt wait to spend my summers away doing something more exciting rather than go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back