Things I wont miss when I leave home... (1 Viewer)

wouldn't mind living in the stix as long as there was reliable regular reasonable transport. like in kilcoole and newcastle.
i do happen to go to town more than just the 8th of december clonan attack! no way would i live there either. at least not permanantly anyway. places like dalkey and blackrock are nice though. but i think i'd like to get out of this country

Dalkey? Blackrock?

I thought you said you were sick of isolated places inhabited by wierd folk.

wouldn't mind living in the stix as long as there was reliable regular reasonable transport. like in kilcoole and newcastle.
i do happen to go to town more than just the 8th of december clonan attack! no way would i live there either. at least not permanantly anyway. places like dalkey and blackrock are nice though. but i think i'd like to get out of this country

I grew up in Dalkey. It was cool then. It's not cool now.

Roisin, go to the big city. Fuck it. Go and move to other countries and see the world.

I look back very fondly on the years I spent in a run down house with 5 other people on the dole.... great days. I sometimes wonder if the time would not have been better spent getting more education/job etc but fuck that no way.

I really hate being isolated. and you can give me and rois shit for complaining. its not fucking meadows and frollocking, its lonliness, unwelcoming, armed robberies, maintaining friends is hard cuz every relationship is a long distance one, and being under the constant thumb of your parents is awful, esp if they're the facist catholic type. perhaps you have a wonderful hippy image of the countryside but our reality is shit.

I grew up amid the bogs of laois, and at the time absolutely hated it for many of the reasons yourself and roisin mentioned. However now, ive developed more of a love hate relationship with it.
Whenever Im home I love the silence of it all, and love the whole extended family thing. However this possibly has more to do with the rarity factor. Also, the basic reality of the nearest pub being an hour walk away is obviously shite.
Basically I reckon if you were living in the countryside on your own with transport of your own you might have a different impression of it. Pretty much anywhere Ive lived has had its good and bad points

i'm (very temporarily until my house is no longer full of builder) living with my parents for the first time in 15 years, and it's actually kind of nice. i get fussed over! food and drink magically appears in the fridge! they have a zillion tv channels! though i think you do have to move out first to appreciate the good bits - i am very very glad i moved out when i was 19.

oh, and i could do without being back in bunk beds.

As someone who is not that much older than either Roisin or Michelle, can I just say girls...it does get better. The one thing you do learn as you get older is patience. It takes a while, I'm still grappling with it, but you do come to realise that your parents, as annoying and ignorant and irritating and plain stupid as they seem to you now, are ultimately just trying to do their best. Trust me, it is just as frustrating for them to try and communicate with a teenager who blatantly just wants to get away from them and everything they stand for as it is for you to be around them. You may think that they don't understand you or your needs but you have to accept that they love you and are just trying to help you in any way they can...they are trying to understand you, but it is one hell of a generation gap...give them a break. And this is coming from someone whose relationship with her mother is fraught at the best of times.

Yes moving out of home will make it better...if you are forced to live with people for a concentrated amount of time they will drive you nuts no matter who they are. When you can put distance between you and your family, things will get a LOT better, trust me. Fact is though, you will spend the majority of your life living away from home, try make the most of it while you are there rather then being so negative...trust me, you don't want to wake up one day and realise that it is too late, that you no longer have the luxury of spending time with your parents...or your brothers...because they are gone. Cos that feeling sucks. It's only another year girls - you are both in leaving cert right? Hang in there!! :) Plus, the grass IS always greener - Dublin is not what it is cracked up to be!!!

i'm (very temporarily until my house is no longer full of builder) living with my parents for the first time in 15 years, and it's actually kind of nice. i get fussed over! food and drink magically appears in the fridge! they have a zillion tv channels! though i think you do have to move out first to appreciate the good bits - i am very very glad i moved out when i was 19.

oh, and i could do without being back in bunk beds.

i moved home for 7 or 8 months about 5 years ago as i got a job down there. it was nice for a while but it after 2 or 3 months the fun was over and things went a bit pear-shaped. knocked the wind out of my sails, it did. im still not back to my old self...

i moved home for 7 or 8 months about 5 years ago as i got a job down there. it was nice for a while but it after 2 or 3 months the fun was over and things went a bit pear-shaped. knocked the wind out of my sails, it did. im still not back to my old self...

yeah, this is only for a few weeks.

*prays to the building deities that this will actually be the case*

otherwise i suspect my beloved dad's tendency to do a running commentary during films on the telly might cause me to kill him. also, did i mention the bunk beds?

but i will add that i've met michelle and thought she was deadly and smart, and i think both of these things are apparent from michelle and roisin's posts here too.

having had the pleasure of many conversations with both roisin and michelle, i can say with absolute certainty that they are both more intelligent, witty, honest and wise than many who are a decade - or more - older than them.

frankly, the snide put-downs and disrespectful attitude they get on here from certain posters purely on account of - an often miniscule and always meaningless - age difference is pretty pathetic.

yeah, this is only for a few weeks.

*prays to the building deities that this will actually be the case*

otherwise i suspect my beloved dad's tendency to do a running commentary during films on the telly might cause me to kill him. also, did i mention the bunk beds?

we had to do this for 3 months a few years ago. I had forgotten my parents habit of NEVER GOING TO BED
standing in the hall talking loudly about the cats at 2am of a weeknight
etc

frankly, the snide put-downs and disrespectful attitude they get on here from certain posters purely on account of - an often miniscule and always meaningless - age difference is pretty pathetic.

to be fair everyone gets their share of slagging for something or other around here, all in good nature too... Billy and Neil cause their Brits, Avernus cause he's a virgin, Snakey cause he's thick and from the country... this ain't Boards.ie fella...

to be fair everyone gets their share of slagging for something or other around here, all in good nature too... Billy and Neil cause their Brits, Avernus cause he's a virgin, Snakey cause he's thick and from the country... this ain't Boards.ie fella...

Are you slaggable?
Brian Conniffe is Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

Roisin and Michelle are forcing you to confront your inner aul lad.

And some of you just can't face it.

Sure it's all in good fun-

Billy -You are a traitorous sellout cunt (see? haha)

Myself, I'd say I'm more shaggable than slaggable

Sure it's all in good fun-

Billy -You are a traitorous sellout cunt (see? haha)

Myself, I'd say I'm more shaggable than slaggable

I'm an easy target for you jumped-up drunken Neanderthals. Thankfully I feel at home in civilised society.

I would slag you, but I find it hard to slag someone I take pity on. Would you like some grain?

You do have natural rhythm - I'll give you that.

Roisin, you already have loads of "friends" up in Dublin.

hahahaha... sher isnt the internet real life?

Yeah I am the youngest, my eldest brother and father refer to me as "child" or "the child". I dont think my father has ever called me Roisin, just child.

My friend little brother is known as "the boy" .

Only brother that pays me to do stuff is the brother next to me who is 24, he gives me money to go into the shop for him and stuff like that.

The other brother lives in Dublin, comes home once a month. Takes over television and nags me to study. We call him the only child because he never takes into account that theres other people living in the house.

My eldest brother is 29, now hes a pain in the arse. Went traveling for years then came back to freeload off the parents and use their land for a grey hounds and vegetables. Thank god his house will be built soon

The reason why im anti strawberries is the fact that they take so much fucking looking after to produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back