The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

Good idea, its a great spot.

There'll be an hour or two break between matches where the place kinda empties a bit, we can nab the best seats if we havent got them for the 8.00 match.

hahaha, best signature ever wheels.

Cassidys Reprazent.
Two packets of crisps. Sound.
And yes, that is the best signature of all time.

'A Beijing football fan refused to let the small matter of his house burning down disturb his enjoyment of Tuesday's World Cup match between France and Spain.

'A fire broke out in a hutong in the centre of the Chinese capital at 3am local time on Wednesday - kickoff time in Hanover - and gutted the traditional courtyard dwelling, the Beijing Daily Messenger reported.

'"When the neighbours shouted 'fire!', I took my little baby and ran out in my nightclothes," the man's wife told the paper.

'My husband paid no attention to the danger, just grabbed the television and put it under his arm.

'"After getting out of the house, he then set about finding an electric socket to plug in and continue watching his game."'

A chinese commentator lost the plot when italy got their peno. "Great Italy! Great Italian left back! Happy birthday today, Maldini! Long live Italy!”

Deadly.

June 27, 2006
Commentator hysterical during Italy win

Related entries: Sport
“LONG live Italy!” These were the words screamed, not from a fervent Italian soccer fan, but by China Central Television commentator, Huang Jianxiang, when Italy defeated Australia in the second round of the World Cup with a last minute penalty goal.

Huang, 38, is one of China’s most famous soccer commentators. He burst into excitement when Italy was awarded a penalty kick after defender Fabio Grosso tumbled over Australian Lucas Neill’s challenge.

“Penalty! Penalty! Penalty! Grosso made his contribution. Don’t give Australia any chances,” he shouted, with his voice nearly hoarse from the screaming.

“The great left back of Italy has inherited Italy’s glorious tradition. His body is possessed by Maldini’s spirit at this moment. Grosso himself has embodied Italy’s long standing glorious tradition. At this moment he is not the only one to fight. He is not alone,” shouted Huang.

Then, he returned to normal while waiting for Francesco Totti to take the penalty. “Totti will face the kick. What he is faced with is the expectation from Italian soccer fans all over the world.”

As soon as Totti blasted home the penalty, Huang’s emotion broke out again and surged to a climax.

“Goal! The game is over! Italy is victorious! They eliminated Australia! They didn’t fall down in front of Hiddink’s team again! Great Italy! Great Italian left back! Happy birthday today, Maldini! Long live Italy!” He was on the edge of losing control of himself.

In the previous World Cup four years ago, Italy lost to South Korea in the second round, whom at that time were coached by Australia’s current coach, Dutch Guus Hiddink.

Huang’s overexcited commentaries in the last several minutes of the game have triggered an extensive debate online and offline. Many Chinese online forums and chat rooms were packed with people posting their opinions today.

According to a vote conducted by Sina.com, the world’s largest Chinese Website portal, nearly 60 percent of netizens supported Huang.
Some soccer fans, who appreciated his passion, said commentators are only human and not robots. They should bring their personal interest and opinion into commentaries.

However, some fans criticized Huang for his hysteria. They said a commentator should be impartial during a live broadcast.

A netizen said in his post that Huang should be “a commentator first, and then a soccer fan second.”

Huang was hired by CCTV in 1994 as a sports commentator. In the past several years, he has entered into fame for his wide soccer knowledge and unique commentating style.

Wheels said:
Only til 10 (ish). ::clef:: It's my party and I'll watch footie if I want to::clef::
what's this? tell me more? birthday? saturday? what?

Luca%20Toni-Ukraine.jpg

what the hell is this celebration? went around town last night doing it pretty much every few minutes.

Bellatrix said:
I plan to make that gesture at regular intervals during all remaining World Cup matches

*waggles hand upside head
it's a similar motion that one would make whilst juicing an orange, if you felt like using your ear as a juicer. i think what he's trying to tell us is that he likes to juice oranges. yes, that's it. how's the head, bellatrix?

Bellatrix said:
I plan to make that gesture at regular intervals during all remaining World Cup matches

*waggles hand upside head

apparently it means "are you listening?!". I am.

tom. said:
anyone have any idea what happened to cause the big ruckus after the penalty shoot-out yesterday?

doesnt say much but...

BERLIN (Reuters) - FIFA will investigate the incidents that led to players and officials from Germany and Argentina clashing on the pitch after the hosts won a penalty shootout in their World Cup quarter-final on Friday.
Argentina's Leandro Cufre, an unused substitute, was shown a red card after the shootout and Germany team manager Oliver Bierhoff, caught in the middle of the melee, said he intervened after a substitute trod on German defender Per Mertesacker.
"Cufre got a red card on the spot -- this means there will be an investigation, like with any other direct red cards," FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler told reporters at the world governing body's daily briefing on Saturday.
Siegler said the committee would also look at whether any other players should face disciplinary action.
"On the basis of reports and video, the committee will examine whether other things could be the subject of proceedings," he said.
CERTAIN URGENCY
"Of course, there is a certain urgency, particularly in the case of the German team, if anyone there was guilty of misconduct, as the German team is playing in the semi-final in Dortmund on Tuesday (against Italy)," he added.
FIFA officials and Slovakian referee Lubos Michel were all caught up in the chaos and punches and kicks appeared to be thrown in scenes which went on for approximately 90 seconds in front of a 72,000 crowd at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.
The trouble appeared to start when Germany midfielder Tim Borowski gestured towards the Argentina players to "keep quiet" having scored his penalty to make it 4-2 in Germany's favour.
Several Argentine players walked towards him and when Esteban Cambiasso's final spot kick was saved by German keeper Jens Lehmann, giving the hosts a 4-2 shootout victory, defender Fabricio Coloccini approached Germany's Oliver Neuville.
Borowski said Argentine players had made "certain movements" to try to provoke him before he took his penalty.
"I don't want to go into details but the movements were there and the Argentinians can't exactly declare themselves innocent," he told reporters. "They're not exactly saints."

Jesus Christ. Portugal were awful, but just not awful enough. All the World Cup classics are coming out, though: England talisman player sent off, England lose at penos...Germany in the final, anyone?

Bloody tense match, though.

quasiquasi said:
Jesus Christ. Portugal were awful, but just not awful enough. All the World Cup classics are coming out, though: England talisman player sent off, England lose at penos...Germany in the final, anyone?

Bloody tense match, though.

that was about as tense as watching butter melt. it was awful. england played for penalties knowing how bad they are in crunch situations and how amazing ricardo is at saving penos. well done.

worst game ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back