The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

Zidane showing Ronaldhino that he's still "le Roi" has been a revelation.

They have to win. They have to.

Kick the fuck out of Portugal and make Ronaldo cry. Please.

One would fear the Germanians, however.

Zidane reminds me of Andrew Lyster, for some reason.

i'm going to the France vs Portugal semi .|..|

zidane_2.jpg

billygannon said:
England shouldn't have been knocked out. Portugal are dreadful.

Really embarrassed that there was a gang of lads cheering when England went out - girlfriend is naturally disgusted.

I LAUGHED, I CRIED..................WITH LAUGHTER.

NEITHER OF THEM DESERVED TO GO THROUGH. RONALDO'S 'BLUE STEEL' LOOK AS HE WALKED TO THE PENO SPOT WAS HYSTERICAL. ALL THE BRITS IN THE PUB HAD THAT 'OH SHIT' LOOK.

ENGLAND ARE LIKE THE DUMBEST KID IN THE SCHOOL. GETTIN' THE SAME QUESTION WRONG EVERY DAY!!

SO FUNNY...OH SO FUNNY.

ROONEY'S SUCH A FILTHY SHIT. IF HE WOULD EVER SHUT HIS FAT FACE HE MIGHT HAVE TIME TO NOTICE THAT THERE'S A GAME BEING PLAYED.

SMELL YA LATER ENGLAND.

THE FRENCH WILL WHUP 'THE GREASY GENERATION' IN ANYWAYS.

VIVE-LA-QUANDO!!!

cookiemonster said:
i'm going to the France vs Portugal semi .|..|

zidane_2.jpg
son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fair play.
scream for me will ya.

Super Dexta said:
i played a victorious tune on my mandolin. for serious. i don't even like football but it seemed appropriate. well it's not my mandolin, and i can't really play it, but still.

Ah jaysis.

That's not very fair. You need to meet a few English people to understand. The Germans, French and Italians have had their fair share of the spoils. It's heartbreaking seeing England go out on penalties again.

Ah! The Portuslease - don't deserve to be in the World Cup.

billygannon said:
Ah jaysis.

That's not very fair. You need to meet a few English people to understand. The Germans, French and Italians have had their fair share of the spoils. It's heartbreaking seeing England go out on penalties again.

Ah! The Portuslease - don't deserve to be in the World Cup.
yes because i have never met any english people in my life and if i did i would instantly change my foolish mind.

Super Dexta said:
yes because i have never met any english people in my life and if i did i would instantly change my foolish mind.

Right...
Here's what happened. There we were in the pub, watching the match. England were the better team. Ronaldo acted like a prick. England got knocked out on penalties - the fourth time in the past fifteen years.

There's my girlfriend and she's upset about it. Completely understandable. And then the whole pub starts cheering when Portugal win. I mean, how is she meant to feel? Imagine sitting in a pub in France, supporting Ireland playing, I dunno, the Czech Republic. Ireland get beaten, and then the whole pub starts cheering the Czech Republic, simply because they don't like Ireland.

It's a bit childish... and it's embarrassing. The vast majority of English people actually cheer on Ireland in the World Cup... or any other competition. They've no beef with us in the slightest (except for a few madmen, who are about as English as the Real IRA are Irish.).

They're just another big European country - no different to Italy, France or Germany. The people are grand - and have more in common with the Irish than pretty much any other country in Europe.

So yeah... I have to admit I'm really ashamed of the antics I saw on Saturday. I suppose you could say I should expect it, but still... the Irish really shouldn't have any beef with England anymore. Celebrating them losing is a bit crap.

yeah you said that already. if i was going to get upset by losing, i wouldn't watch a match with a bunch of people who supported the other side. and if some randomer i've never met gets upset by me playing the victory mandolin in the privacy of my own living room, that's their problem, not mine.

Super Dexta said:
and if some randomer i've never met gets upset by me playing the victory mandolin in the privacy of my own living room, that's their problem, not mine.

I'd probably get upset if you played it badly.

Super Dexta said:
yeah you said that already. if i was going to get upset by losing, i wouldn't watch a match with a bunch of people who supported the other side. and if some randomer i've never met gets upset by me playing the victory mandolin in the privacy of my own living room, that's their problem, not mine.

But my point is why were they supporting Portugal (or whoever England was playing)? That's the really crap bit. Anyone I've told here about it has been really taken aback by it.
Ireland's a bit too rich these days to justify being bitter about England. Ah! Fuck it.

Thing is Billy, did you really expect anything else? I remember watching the England France game with you two years ago, sounded like the whole of Dublin screamed yes when the French got the two goals back. Your best mate walked in half an hour later and said "what a great result for the Irish". Did you really expect everyone to politely appluad and then comment on how unlucky the plucky ten men of England were?

Or another way of looking at it, if you were in a pub in Tottingham when the Arse got beaten in the big cup final, in a pub full of Spurs fans and a couple of gooners were hanging around, how would you have behaved?

By the way I'm not saying all of the anti-english bollocks is right, just that I understand it to a point, and it's why I generally wouldn't go to watch England play in a pub over here.

Stan Bowles said:
Thing is Billy, did you really expect anything else? I remember watching the England France game with you two years ago, sounded like the whole of Dublin screamed yes when the French got the two goals back. Your best mate walked in half an hour later and said "what a great result for the Irish". Did you really expect everyone to politely appluad and then comment on how unlucky the plucky ten men of England were?

Or another way of looking at it, if you were in a pub in Tottingham when the Arse got beaten in the big cup final, in a pub full of Spurs fans and a couple of gooners were hanging around, how would you have behaved?

By the way I'm not saying all of the anti-english bollocks is right, just that I understand it to a point, and it's why I generally wouldn't go to watch England play in a pub over here.

Neil... that "best mate" is dead to me now. Dead.

When England lost a guy i know looked at me with surprise and asked me was i pissed off. I said that i wanted to see england stay in the world cup so he started with the west brit slags which met with my angry yawns.

I'll only take that shit off hector.

I'm with Billy

I know it's just a bit of fun slagging off the sasanachs but it's all a bit old

anyoen see "Rio's World Cup Wind Ups"? How could you not like that cheeky chappy from Peckham and his braided hair: "You've been mercked"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back