The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

"He didn't stamp - he just pushed his foot downward."

More Dunphy gold. Then the whole lot of them make a ring of Souness. Brilliant!

England shouldn't have been knocked out. Portugal are dreadful.

Really embarrassed that there was a gang of lads cheering when England went out - girlfriend is naturally disgusted.

billygannon said:

Really embarrassed that there was a gang of lads cheering when England went out - girlfriend is naturally disgusted.
i played a victorious tune on my mandolin. for serious. i don't even like football but it seemed appropriate. well it's not my mandolin, and i can't really play it, but still.

billygannon said:

Presume they weren't Portugese?
I can see how you were embarrassed but it's no surprise. Happens in all pubs across the country when England are playing. That's why I always watch England games at home. Not that I'm saying I support them but I can do without seeing dudes trying to outdo each other in the England-hating stakes.

Fair enough Portugal were crap, but they were missing two of their most influential players, one of whom is the guy that pulls the strings in that team.
England, on the other hand, were complete utter shite, and have been for the whole tournament. They were even playing for penalties! They thouroughly deserve to go out, and I love it!

delighted brazil have gone. they havent been great at all this time around plus i thought they would always struggle with their first real test.

french midfield was superb tonight...

billygannon said:

That was your own fault for not giving me a call, I'd have cheered for Ingerland with you!

Zidane was fucking amazing tonight. I always said he still has it. France were great, I said they would come good in this World Cup and it's great to be right! I fucking love this guy, best player of his generation by a mile, and I still remember how he single-handedly destroyed England. Haha, this picture is amazing too!

zizou.jpg

yeah Zizou was fucking amazing. wonderful tricks, wonderful passing and loads of heart. Shame Brazil are out, but they had yet to play well. Amazing to see France pulling this shit off after playing like jerks for the last 4 years.

Hector Grey said:
portugal?
for fucks sake.
they're just fucking mincers. and where are the goals coming from? sorry mikey. nonesense. red card. you're banned from the thread for two games.
tsk.

Who needs goals when the opposition can't get it together?
France had better destroy them. Can't have them getting to the final.
Germany v France and the winner gets Alsace-Lorraine and Saarland.

i´m thinking instead of a ricardo vs lehman penalty shoot out save-off that goes on through the night like one of those 18 innnings baseball games.

Poor old Engerland, it felt like their World Cup never even got started this time. There was no real hysteria around any of the matches, maybe because they expected to beat Ecuador and Portugal minus Deco. I couldn't believe it when Rooney got the red, of course the reply showed he deserved it. This pic is priceless:

797646009.jpg

France vs Brazil though was best match of the tournament so far. The namby pamby overrated gimps got shown up at last. Fat boy, Kaka and Ronaldhino were nowhere. Loved it. Brilliant pirouette on the the ball by Zidane in the second half was really taking the piss. Also priceless.

Can't call it now. Germany at home though, they've got to be favourites, particularly if France and Italy slip back to early tournament performance levels.

Glad to see the back of England. Not cos I hate em, cos I certainly don't. But they were really sub par in every game they played. When you compare the likes of the Sweden, Trinidad or Ecuador games to almost any match featuring Italy, Holland, Argentina, Mexico, France, Germany... they're not even playing the same sport.

The whole "I retire.... as captain" thing that Beckham pulled is mindblowing. What the fuck is he on about? Just a way for him to hijack the media yet again.

I think France are gonna go all the way now. Ribery deserves more praise than he's getting. One of the players of the tournament so far.

i think i agree with the tabloids on this.. england need an english manager. tehy were listless and passionless and i think that's cos erickson is.. look at scolari on teh sidelines or klinsie. they extra energy the insane manager sgive those teams took them this far. portugirl are average, they haven't a player the calibre of gerrard or rooney or terry and yet... they're in the semi's. i'd blame sven. he approached it as a problem, like he was doing the crossword. that might swing if your team can actually read and spell.

but them poor chaps, to a (hard) man, all in tears. never seen that before. usually they go out and think, well, we did our best, this time they know that they didn't, they never played well, they should have done better and that was their chance. the pundits on bbc highlights that night we're talking about how they team will still be young enough to win in four years time. lads. seriously. reeeeeeeeeelax.

and becks crying on the sidelines..total frustration. something really wrong in teh core of that camp, and mcclaren isn't going to change that because he's not a change, or a mentaller. maybe big sam was the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back