The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

3-1 to France.

This result is really going to p*ss off the ageist critics (both the media and the general public) who seem to think any player over 30 is past it.

Only two of France's starting eleven were born after 1980 etc etc
rolleyes.gif

Great to see them being proved wrong.

Let that be a lesson to you all...

IT'S NEVER SPAIN'S YEAR!!!
Only two other laws of international football left to be proved...never write off the Germans, and England have to win inside 120 minutes.

therecklessone said:
The Laws of World Cup:

1. Never say "this could be Spain's year". It won't be.
2. Never write off the Germans.
3. England have to win inside 120 minutes, or its goodnight.

Any more?

HA! WHAT DID I TELL YIS?

i'm sure we could find an instance where you were wrong.

bet you claimed the spuds would pip the arse for 4th place.

someone do a search while i file my nails.

au revoir zinedine zidane

yeah nice one spain, you pack of fucks! can't believe they were so cocky going into that. Torres said about France - 'they came 2nd in their group for a reason'. Good luck being top scorer Torres. Good man. ADIÓS!

Set up nicely now for Brazil to give France some payback for WC France 98.
My money (literally) is on Big Fat Ron and the boys.

Wheels said:
Oh come on!! The Swiss were average at best in the group stages, and then put in one of the worst ever performances in a knockout game. They played for penalties and when they got what they wanted they didn't have the nerve to score any of them. Good riddance.

It make you wonder what the world thought of us after the penos against Romania in 1990.

Lefty Frizzell said:
It make you wonder what the world thought of us after the penos against Romania in 1990.

Everyone likes the plucky Oirish, we're great. No one likes the Swiss. World Cup again tomorrow! Jesus, yesterday was tough. I'm going to be gagging for it by 4pm tomorrow.

Wheels said:
Everyone likes the plucky Oirish, we're great. No one likes the Swiss. World Cup again tomorrow! Jesus, yesterday was tough. I'm going to be gagging for it by 4pm tomorrow.

I got you a 5 euro gift token for shaunas adult ******** for your bday.

Does anyone else reckon that Germany could cause an upset and beat argentina on Friday? I just get a feeling that with the home crowd, and them hitting form, that they could pull off a victory.

I'll be cheering on the argies, but only cos I have money on them.

Here will you lads be out for the second game? Reckon I'll watch the first one at home but I could be tempted for pints somewhere for the second.

Stan Bowles said:

Here will you lads be out for the second game? Reckon I'll watch the first one at home but I could be tempted for pints somewhere for the second.
Here... where are you watching the England game on Saturday?

I'm over with the lady and she wants to watch it somewhere.

Stan Bowles said:

Probably cassidys i'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back