The World Cup!! (2 Viewers)

In fairness, if Inzaghi had botched that two-on-one for the second goal he would have been taken out and shot.. Italy's finishing was abysmal throughout the second half. I was rooting for the Czechs to pull out a draw so we'd get Italy-Brazil in the second round (and at least one underdog team in the quarters) but that idiot getting sent off just ruined the game.

Before the Italy vs. Czech Republic game I saw a Mexican journalist interviewing Totti on the box. She asked him what he thought of Mexican women (an Italian pop singer had pretty much said that besides Salma Hayek, Mexican women were all ugly). Totti replied by saying that Mexican women need to wax more! He is famous here for putting his foot in it and has come up with the goods again.

1238960103.jpg

Go Aussies go! What a finish. I expect they'll try and hack the fuck out of the Italians next round a la USA, should be entertaining. Graham Poll's going to be in a bit of trouble for hilariously awarding three yellow cards to Simunic.

Luther Blissett said:
Before the Italy vs. Czech Republic game I saw a Mexican journalist interviewing Totti on the box. She asked him what he thought of Mexican women (an Italian pop singer had pretty much said that besides Salma Hayek, Mexican women were all ugly). Totti replied by saying that Mexican women need to wax more! He is famous here for putting his foot in it and has come up with the goods again.
if ever there was a bunch of men who knew a thing or two about waxing...

Has anyone else noticed that you can view 3D reconstructions of all of the goals on the BBC sport site? Go into the match schedule, select a match and then pick "virtual replay" from the group of red tabs. Pretty cool... it's slightly dated looking (looks like a late 90s game) but you can change the camera angle, watch it from the point of view of one particular player, or the ball, or that kind of thing... try watching the Cambiasso goal vs. Serbia in "ball cam" mode, it's seasick-inducing:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5062112.stm?goalid=500079

Hector Grey said:
la, portugal are crap, they won't beat either argy or holland and england won't have to worry about them.

Crystal ball failure. Shame there'll be a load of Portugals missing for this.

old said:
Crystal ball failure. Shame there'll be a load of Portugals missing for this.
forgot to take into account dutch propensity for self destruction and the ref. carry on the one, you foolish fool.

i've never rated the portuglas, and now i'm *expecting* them to be in the semi's.

It's a shame that the protugal holland game turned crazy - it would have been a great test of both sides. I have a horrible feeling that the injuries and suspensions will allow england to squeeze through.

I saw BBC last night and they were saying how england are hitting form at the right time, which is self-delusion of george bush proportions. I think that there is an unwritten code in british journalism that you have to try and destroy the national team unless there is a tournament on in which case any criticism is treasonous.

I don't think that is the case with all the English media though, the BBC will say England played well if they lost 10-0. In fact the English players have all come out and complained about the amount of criticism from the English press.

Which just goes to show what a shower of over-paid whinging pricks they are.

THIS IS BIG BROTHER.Switzerland you have been eliminated. Please get the fuck out of the World Cup.

Oh good Jaysus, what a fucking appaling spectacle. The Ukranians weren't up to much, but at least they gave it some effort compared to the boring Swiss bastards! Woeful. Here's hoping to some better football today. So far the second round has been a big dissapointment compared to the earlier games.

nlgbbbblth said:
Because they're constantly being sniped at by the Irish media / general public. In my opinion - unfairly - because they qualified at our expense. A lot of fans considered them inferior to Ireland prior to the qualifiers - in some cases this bordered on arrogance.

Oh come on!! The Swiss were average at best in the group stages, and then put in one of the worst ever performances in a knockout game. They played for penalties and when they got what they wanted they didn't have the nerve to score any of them. Good riddance.

Just watched the second half of Brazil/Ghana. It's a shame about the ref fucking up and giving the second Brazilian goal because it kind of killed off the game. Ghana played some good football again I thought, but their final ball and shooting was dreadful. Ronaldinho is looking very frustrated with the team, and I think if Spain win well tonight they might really give Brazil a game in the quarters.

Fuck the Swiss. They play the most boring football ever. Au revoir you kraut wop froggy cunts!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back