The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

Yeah, Gilardino is hogging all the chances. Toni looks frustrated and pissed off with the delivery (or lack of) he's getting. Still, on the ball he looks great. He keeps it well and shows some skillz. I reckon they might be better playing him up front with Del Pel a little behind to the left - then Totti behind them both in the centre. Pirlo off to the right of Totti - swinging in crosses etc.

We'll see how they fair against the Czechs, but if they can't beat them outright they have little hope of going far.

France tonight were at times pretty good, but overall fairly retarded. Zidane needs to not play - or at least not start. He's slow and frustrated by everything. Ribery kicked some ass though - had a lot of success running at the defense. and of course, finally Henry scored!

Over the past number of tournaments the supposedly weaker teams seem to have developed an almost uniform level of basic competence, fitness and organisation. The stronger teams used to be able to rely on fatigue-or inexperience-related mistakes, but no more.

In general this tournament has been marked by the inability central midfielders to link up with the strikers ahead of them. A lot of the forward play has been diverted out wide in the final third of the pitch, although I'm not sure there are enough good headers of the ball for this to be a good thing. That and the poor delivery of dead balls, particularly corners, which have the potential to compensate weaker teams for a lack of quality eslewhere, have cooled off some of the second games.

Maybe the knockout stages will help surface some of the quality that we all seem to feel is hidden there somewhere, especially with the strangely bored looking brazil team.

Whoever sent me this de-rep could you please enlighten me as to what the fuck you are on about??

"its great that ireland didn't get into world cup and that the whole thing will soon be over. agreed?"

He'd do well to beat Klose to the golden 'shoe' though.
Germany should do for Sweden and then play the Argies. Deadly.
And the winner can destroy England or Portugal.

i can see the argies taking it easy tonight, and the dutch will have something to prove. mind you i was hoping for an argy - ingerland qtr final... should be a good game, and isn't that the important thing? isn't it?

If Portugal leave out the spotty stepover savant and play like the first half against Mexico, England are in trouble.
This game has been deadly so far.

old said:
If Portugal leave out the spotty stepover savant and play like the first half against Mexico, England are in trouble.
This game has been deadly so far.
la, portugal are crap, they won't beat either argy or holland and england won't have to worry about them.

seersly.

i don't know who started this portugal buzz, but jayses, stop it.

Hector Grey said:
la, portugal are crap, they won't beat either argy or holland and england won't have to worry about them.

seersly.

i don't know who started this portugal buzz, but jayses, stop it.

I have them in a sweep. Theyre ok.

Things look positive for Italy as they face the Czechs - Totti appears to have his powers back.

1214732549.jpg

avernus said:
Things look positive for Italy as they face the Czechs - Totti appears to have his powers back.

1214732549.jpg
czech out the hair man, that picture is old.

italy for the bin.

Hector Grey said:
czech out the hair man, that picture is old.

italy for the bin.

yeah I did notice that. but then I expected most people would overlook that and appreciate the photo. but no. not you hector. no! YOU FACKING RUINER!!

Text commentry from the BBC website:

82 mins: Filippo Inzaghi misses his second open goal since coming on. Andrea Pirlo does a Ricky Villa-style shimmy across the area but can't tuck it away. The ball pops up nicely for Inzaghi but he somehow puts his header wide with 24ft of goal to aim at.

"I think Luca Toni will be back for the next game, don't you?"

GOAL: 87 minutes Czech Republic 0-2 Italy
Filippo Inzagi.

Stan Bowles said:
Text commentry from the BBC website:

82 mins: Filippo Inzaghi misses his second open goal since coming on. Andrea Pirlo does a Ricky Villa-style shimmy across the area but can't tuck it away. The ball pops up nicely for Inzaghi but he somehow puts his header wide with 24ft of goal to aim at.

"I think Luca Toni will be back for the next game, don't you?"

GOAL: 87 minutes Czech Republic 0-2 Italy
Filippo Inzagi.

haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back