The Wii (1 Viewer)

Only bought it a few weeks ago so still in the honeymoon phase. Can understand how people who bought it when it came out could be fatigued now with the lack of decent titles. I think 1000smurfs is right about developers being caught off guard. They must be falling over themselves to get decent games out before xmas. Plus: MarioKart early next year with online play! But, more fuckin peripherals:mad:.

RE: honeymoon phase - the wii in my gaff has been used every day bar 2 since i got it 3 months ago.

At the moment the main uses are: youtube on the telly, bomberman 93, mariokart 64, mariokart double dash, with the occasional wii sports bowling/golf session.

got brain acadamy and mario strikers, both are a bit meh in my opinion.

that surgery game is meant to be good.

RE: honeymoon phase - the wii in my gaff has been used every day bar 2 since i got it 3 months ago.

At the moment the main uses are: youtube on the telly, bomberman 93, mariokart 64, mariokart double dash, with the occasional wii sports bowling/golf session.

got brain acadamy and mario strikers, both are a bit meh in my opinion.

that surgery game is meant to be good.

Must get some stuff from the virtual console. What's the best method of securing gamecube controllers? Geebay? Really want snes mariokart to come out, best game in history imho.

Golden Axe 2 is absolute shite. Stick with 1.

Many nights with a friend playing Streets of Rage 1 and 2 have happened

I can see why people would be ticked off at the approach Nintendo is taking with the Wii. As a platform, it's very much becoming more "Mario Party" than "Mario 64". Mini-games and novelty titles are selling, so it's hard to argue against making them.

I only bought about 8 games on the cube, but they were all damn good games that kept me entertained for ages. Think is, I'm actually in the market for novelty "swing your arms" games to offset the likes of Bioshock and GRAW. If a few Wii games come out that match the calibre of cube's Resi 4, I'll be more than happy.

The emphasis Nintendo have put on party games and complete lack of half decent third party titles definately put me off getting one.

I thought the Wii looked really bad on my LCD too although i hear theres a scart cable you can buy that helps a bit.

I love the DS though.

Horses for courses and all that lark.

Gonna try get the Wii on-line this weekend. The news channel is kinda freaky. Having a Nintendo product tell me about car bombs in Iraq is a far step from Pikmin.

Aye. I think the only on-line game is Mario Strikers. I wanna dload some old classics though. Plus read about rapes and terrorism on my ninty.

The emphasis Nintendo have put on party games and complete lack of half decent third party titles definately put me off getting one.

I thought the Wii looked really bad on my LCD too although i hear theres a scart cable you can buy that helps a bit.

I love the DS though.

I bought that cable and I can't see any difference at all.

Dunno about LCD tellies, but the RGB Scart lead makes a world of difference on either CRT or plasma.

Also, the component cable might be a better option for a HD telly. Maybe.

doesnt it come with the rgb scart? I do notice some strange srtifacty looking things from time to time. But our telly is shite.

Nope, it comes with crappy composite with a Scart adapter. The official RGB yoke costs about €25 and makes everything nice and sharp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back